How bad is your planning obsession?

Oh, I have so far to go. I was planning on 2008 but I started a new career so it's definately not going to happen. Now I'm planning for 2010. It will be our first onsite visit and I'm hoping that since my daughter will be 10, that she'll remember it more.

Geez, what will I do for 3 years till I can go?

I plan months in advance and I can honestly say that we have never felt like we've missed anything. I have people telling me that want to take me with them as a tour guide! lol.

There is so much to do in such little time that it requires a lot of planning. Disney has a lot to offer.. plan wisely. princess:

This is Puddleduck's dh and my lovely wife starts planning on the way back from WDW. She loves planning these trips and any trip for that matter. I get a real kick when she is planning the ADR's, I don't know why she tells me, she's just going to change them in next week. She'll get mad but I have to tell this, We were at MK with her parents and she was trying to get an ADR at Spoodles for her parents for breakfast. I look over and she's on the phone so I ask her who she's talking to. She says disney dining, My reply was, "OK, now I'm scared" She actually thought she could explain how she remembers the number :rolleyes1 In all seriousness though, because of her wonderful planning every trip has be incredible and we have done things that a friend of hers who has been going once a year for ever didn't even know they had. Plan ahead and have fun doing it. Your family will reap the benefits. This post has been approved by puddleduck.

We were back from Disney mid Nov 06. We have a trip planned for December 19th - Jan 6/08 . Can't wait. I'm counting down the days until I can book the plane! Already the plane is booking into the double digits ie: Dec 10th / 07, now just to get my return date in!

Next it is the countdown to 181 days before for ADR for chef Mickeys brunch NY's day and Sci -fi restaurant NY's eve! My DS son abosloutely loves Sci -fi and I love Chef Mickey's ! (he does too, just not as much as Sci -fi !)

Then countdown, to making reservation for Disney 2008 for October/ Nov to do both the MNSSHP and MVMCP!

I already have Discovery Cove booked for Christmas Day ! Magic Kingdom will be Christmas EVE with a dinner somewhere??? Any suggestions?

I am very obsessed with all things Disney. Color me back to reality...please, before the Mickey Patrol takes me away!

Charleyann

I love planning our trip. It is something that I think about OFTEN. How bad is your obsession?!

Bad. I am ALWAYS planning a disney trip, even when I don't have a trip on the schedule. I see a bag and think, oh that will be great for my next Disney trip. I constantly update my packing list. I read posts and trip reports for new ideas. WDW is my happy place, so I like to think about it often. :goodvibes

I thought i was the only one who was obsessed about this! See the thing is is my mom is the one paying for it and planning it, so i don't have much say in all the planning, but i do have some tricks up my sleeve for her. I can't tell you about them because she reads these boards as well! (HI MOM!) But i leave in 6 months and 27 days and i am suffreing from PDD (pre DIsney Depression) I baked an entire cake last night and ate almost half of it! Disney better come soon or i need to learn how to make very low fat cakes! :rotfl2:

I am completely obsessed with my Disney trip! We decided in August 2006 that we would be going for June/July 2007 and ever since then I have been non-stop with the planning and re-planning. All of my friends and co-workers think that I am completely nuts and need to be institutionalized. They just don't get my love of Disney. I am so glad that I found these boards where I can chat with other Disney lovers who are just as crazy in love with Disney as I am.:cheer2:

I still have 3 years and I'm so depressed that it's so far away.

i'm pretty bad i quess.

booked SSR 2 months ago and already working on the itineary for our july trip.
changed it three times already

also tried to book some dining today, i have to wait until Monday :mad:

I can sooooo relate! My DH tells all his friends that I am so out of control. I usually start planning at least 6 months out. I also enjoy encouraging my friends to go so I can help them plan!!! I have already started my disney bag of things to take, buying clothing and have every day sceduled perfectly. We go in March. I agree w/others....Since discovering DIS.... I am more out of control than ever. I stay on the computer and my DH will come in and ask...."How much more can you know about Disney?".....Oh lot's more. I AM A DISNEY ADDICT!!!. I am already depressed knowing when this trip is over...what will I do w/my free time... Oh I know SCRAPBOOK MY DISNEY PICS!!!!

I was thrilled to come across this thread with so many like-minded people. We were last at WDW this past summer and knew before we left that we would come back for December of '07. As soon as we booked in October, we began planning. However, with the holidays, it wasn't too full swing. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Once January hit, it's been full speed ahead! It's nice to know it's finally less than a year away. I hope it doesn't go too slowly.

We went out during the last week of December and bought this year's Passporter book. We've made a list of where we want to eat and when, and have changed it several times. Our original reservation was for POR and just this week we switched to AKL. We're excited about that.

Having these message boards to help feed the excitement really helps. I've been reading and posting for a while now, and totally loving it.

I'm more pysched than usual about this coming trip because we are going during a different time than usual, it will be the holidays and I've wanted to spend the holidays at WDW since I was a kid and most importantly, we'll be celebrating our anniversary. We wanted to go to WDW for our honeymoon, but when you get married in December, around the holidays, and live in the northeast, you have to plan for potential bad weather, so we're treating this like another honeymoon (eight years later).

I enjoy all this planning! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey all of you going during December of 2007: :santa:

I just created my first pre-trip report in the Trip Reports (Pre-Trip) section. If you guys want to read it and see what I'm doing, and add how you plan to spend your time in December, feel free. It's under the title: The Holidays & Our Anniversary!

Have fun reading and if it helps, why don't some of you try writing a report of your planning process? This is my first, but I figured that we have a long wait ahead of us, and this will help me along the way. :cool1:

Ya I can say I have the same problem. Our next trip is Dec 08 and I recently started planning it. DH keeps kinda looking at me crazy when I bring up things we should do. :rotfl:

I am with you finding these boards has made me 95% worse:scared1:
I have started planning and picking up stuff for my Thanksgiving trip;)
I also have a trip planned for my dd 16 bday, 2008:wizard: and her graduation 210. Yes I am crazy... I should prob tell dh of mine and the kids plans:rolleyes1 also for when dd gets married she plans on getting married in the world

I think my mom called two days after she got back from her June trip in 2006 to book our July 2007 trip. We're on the boards daily, getting our fix from trip reports and the pictures of others, until our time comes. We do the Happy Dance with those who are soon to go, and we love seeing the pictures after everyone returns. We also have a girls' only Christmas trip planned, since she's never been at Christmas before, and since we got AP's beginning with the upcoming trip, we're already trying to decide a good date for summer 2008 that everyone will be able to go together again before they expire. The guys in the family are also of the "How much more can you know about Disney?" group when they see us on the Boards again, but secretly, they get a kick out of it. They know they'll reap the rewards of our many hours when we have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter