How can I get a great deal on a car rental?

Shelly

<font color=green>Doesn't know that anyone can be
Where should I look for a great car rental price?

I am a big fan of Travelocity. Just go to the car rental section on Travelocity.com, select the dates of your trip, they will give you every rental company under the sun with rates. Don't fear companies you've never heard of either. I went to Tampa last year and reluctantly got a car from Payless Car Rental. I had never heard of it but it was the cheapest. It was a perfectly fine experience.

Dollar which is in the airport has a special on minivans running now for 189.99/week. That's a great deal...

Need more info , so we can help,
specifics i like expedia.com
also have some coupons u could have if we knew more on what u wanted to do ???
peter

Sorry, we are thinking of driving to DW this summer and want to rent a van or something large for our family of five.
I was just trying to find the best way to do this. Does priceline do rental cars?

If you are a Sam's Club member they offer car rental discounts through major companies.
Along with hotel, air & cruise discounts.
Same with the Disney Club membership.

do some searches on the net threw alamo , and the other major co. and the when u
know what the going rate is try priceline , there are also boards where people post what they got for a deal threw priceline .com i think they would be the best bet for this case

orbitz.com has new deals all the time...we were able to get a minivan at atlantic city airport (which is tiny) for a ridiculously low amount, with unlimited miles, so we drove...it would have cost me more to rent in orlando...keep checking back, though, 'cause it updates constantly

ORBITZ.com!!!!!

I am leaving Saturday and searched EVERYWHERE!!!!! Companies directly - Entertainment, triple AAA, Priceline etc...... Orbitz won! What was great is it shows you EVERY company and EVERY price for the car class you elect. I discovered it was cheaper to rent a compact car than the smaller economy car! So I got a compact car for an entire week for - you ready......
$67.95!!!!! Of course there are the Florida taxes etc... yet so I figure $100 or so for an entire week! (I only need the car 6 days - but it was cheaper for a week). You must try it - I went with a Company EZ Rent a car - 2 miles from the airport.
Thanks

This is what we do,

Use the car sites, and others mentioned like travelocity, etc. to get prices. You can always make a reservation using these sites when you find a good price. I then try Priceline for about half or less than the best price I found. If you have time, check again in a week. Car prices do change and often you can find a lower price on a different day. Keep trying Priceline with very low prices. Once you book priceline you are locked in but you can cancel direct reservations (not made through priceline.)

Last year we used Priceline for a fullsize and got National, it was around $15 a day. We have Emerald Aisle so we lucked out and got an SUV. Another time we stuck with our Dollar reservation (priceline didn't come through at the price we were trying) for an SUV for $179 a week....

gookid I can beat your price. I got an economy car from L&M car rental at $76.80 for 8 days (+ taxes & fees of course). The best thing is that L&M is right at the airport. I got that price right from their website.

Are you trying to rent a vehicle to DRIVE to WDW in? That makes it much harder than if you're looking for a vehicle to rent at MCO once you fly down. Many car rental companies will only let you drive their vehicles within certain areas, or will charge for milage if you go out of these areas; the price can become pretty steep if you're trying to rent to drive down. If you are looking for a car to rent at MCO, try any of the sites listed above, also the rental agency websites with rental codes from this and other boards (like mousesavers.com). Search these boards and you will find codes for Dollar, best strategies for saving money at National, and good things about L&M.

I have rented cars twice from Hertz to drive out of state and I had unlimited mileage for the same prices as local rental, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Just booked a full size through Priceline for 8 days/$18 a day.

Had tried a standard for $15 but was rejected. There's 3 of us so didn't want to try economy.

Oh, it's Avis.

Oh, sorry, forgot you were looking to drive down in a Rental. In that case, I wouldn't use priceline and you don't know until you are confirmed what agency, and what their mileage policy is.

I suggest you try all the car rental places in your area, and check back at least weekly to see if you get a better deal. Try with codes, without codes, etc. Mousesaver has some good tips.

Careful, I got a $100 drop off fee for picking up my car (Grand Am) in Portland, OR and returning it to San Fran, CA. (but it was unlimited miles)

Oh, by the way, this WAS in 1994 (but I am still bitter). I think it was National, but I am very fuzzy since then.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter