How can people be such pigs

Follow up to the story. I really had no intention of complaining, but I did after reading the comments here. I figured they would take my complaint, thank me and move on. Nope. They asked me to wait for the housekeeping manager who had to come over from another building. By the time he got there, he knew our complaint and our schedule for the rest of the week. We are getting a deep clean tomorrow followed by an inspection. He was apparently as grossed out as I was about the pie. I consider myself a pretty good judge of character and this young man was absolutely sincere in his concerns and how to rectify the issue.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and advice.

Glad you reported it. Managers needs to know what is going on with their team.

Hoping there will be some feedback given to housekeeping. (I don't believe the previous guest was responsible for this - no benefit to them to do it). I'm totally guessing, here - maybe the Housekeeper got behind that day or was under pressure to get more villas cleaned or just needed to get out early that day.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome & enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Follow up to the story. I really had no intention of complaining, but I did after reading the comments here. I figured they would take my complaint, thank me and move on. Nope. They asked me to wait for the housekeeping manager who had to come over from another building. By the time he got there, he knew our complaint and our schedule for the rest of the week. We are getting a deep clean tomorrow followed by an inspection. He was apparently as grossed out as I was about the pie. I consider myself a pretty good judge of character and this young man was absolutely sincere in his concerns and how to rectify the issue.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and advice.
I know I downplayed the "pig" aspect of it, but I would have wanted housekeeping to be aware as well. It would make me wonder what else might have been overlooked in the cleaning process!

It's not like there was apple pie in the sheets or something...that would make the people pigs.

Apple pie? We traditionally use whipped cream or melted chocolate. But I guess whatever floats your boat.

(The dishwasher will not fit all the dishes from the unit. It barely fits coffee cups, juice glasses, cereal bowls and plates for six - get a mixing bowl or a frying pan in there and you are hand washing).

Wow thats gross... you should definitely let the front desk know.... Thats just unacceptable....... My wife is such a clean nut that she washes all the dishes before we use them every time we check in !!!!

Totally sounds like something my husband might do!

Also sometimes if people don't pre-rinse enough, the dishwasher bakes on the food. I always have to give my apple oatmeal bowl a bit more rinsing otherwise I have to scrape at it to get the glue-y food off and re-run the cycle. :(

Edit: saw your update:
Sorry, it's not like an old bit of crusted food was stuck in a bowl. It was like a quarter piece of pie and it was relatively fresh. Maybe I wouldn't have had such a strong reaction had I not reached into the cabinet and come out with a handful of pie.

EWWWW okayyyyyy nooooo. Definitely get Guest Services' attention on that one!

After owning Timeshares for well over a decade... I always wash the dishes and stuff before I use them. Just like on jetted tubs I let it fill up and run for a little bit to blow out whatever might be left behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!