How can those on scooters do Pandora?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I saw a recent picture here on disboards of people waiting for the ride. It was wall to wall people with no real line. Needless to say there was not one scooter in the crowd. It appeared near impossible for someone to use a scooter in this crowd without possibly hurting someone.

Anyway, has anyone been successful maneuvering through the herd of people with a scooter?

It seemed impossible to turn around, too. Say, you can't wait any longer how would you exit in this crowd?

Finally, if there was some type of real emergency I could see someone just dying in the crowd by the time they could get help. Actually, I think Disney has a serious potential problem, here. I can't see clearing a path in these crowds to get a gurney through.

I don't mind a wait, but this seems incredibly hard right now.

If you managed to do a scooter through the crowd would you do it again? Would you tell others not to try?

I have the same concern. I think there should be a path just for the ECV's on this ride. I may write Disney, and see what response I get.

I went the first day that pandora opens with a friend in an ECV and it was ok ( yes very crowded) you all kind of moved as one

it really has not been that bad since then ( I have been a few times) yes the lines are long the FOP line I was told was 4 hour line ( the line itself) both lines are ECV ( FOP up to where you go in the first room then you have to walk or use a wheel chair that they have then you have to transfer to the ride vehicle) the river one you just get on the ride from your wheel chair or ECV.

if you go at rope drop yes it is crowded you can do one of two thing go with the crowds ( pandora really is not that big) and hopfully make into the line you want ( river one is more straight ahead and FOP is more to your right if I member right) or go a few minutes after rope drop.

image.png

This is my first photo upload. I managed to get it done. I wanted everyone considering this ride with a scooter to see this crowd. From what I understand this picture was done early around 9:15 am.

View attachment 261349

This is my first photo upload. I managed to get it done. I wanted everyone considering this ride with a scooter to see this crowd. From what I understand this picture was done early around 9:15 am.
And this was more then likely taken opening day I was there and I was never in crowds that bad so I am guessing about taken around rope drop. Op pandora has been opened a few month now and it dose have one of if not the most popular ride at Disney but it is not as crowded as the first day it opened

So it really would not be in dhs best interest to go with me to pandora o/t how long is the line for ee at rope drop

Your trip isn't until February, right? I honestly think it's too early to make a determination about Pandora crowds at that time. I suggest that you plan he will be able to go with you, and re-evaluate the situation in mid- or late January.

Enjoy your vacation!

That's the whole point. This is not looking too good for the crowd level being in August.

It's as if there are new people coming all the time and the levels may not fall for a while.
At what time?

Was this at rope drop? Or just in the middle of the day?

I wa there opening day and it was not that bad from what it look line it was on the bridge leading into pandora so maybe top drop if so and your DH can drive straight then it could be doable but like a PP said you have a long time until you vacation

I want to say that I posted this picture as a warning. I will be there with two others in November and all three of us will be using scooters. One reason for me to go back to DW was to do this ride. Now, I may skip it.

My original plan was to do early entry and have a fastpass for FOP. Now, I think we will be careful entering the area. If we see a crowd forming like the picture we will just skip the ride. I'm not even sure how you get to the fastpass line with this kind of crowd.

I was hoping here we could get more input from others who have tried the ride with a scooter.

Has anyone else experienced crowds like this, after the first couple of weeks? Oh, and not during the first hour after opening?

been down a couple of times since opening ( and beside opening day ) it has not been bad, yes it is crowded I would say just a little bit more then going to 7DMT at the MK. I am short and normally ( for RD at any park) have my ear buts in with my noise canceling ear protectors on along with something over my head ( like my hoodie) so all I can see is right infant of me. the crowd normally goes for what ever is the most popular ride ( at MK 7DMT, EPCOT FEA, HS RnR, ( well there are a few at HS) and normally it really is not that crowded for that long. 10-15 minute. every time I am at AK going into pandora I have seen people in ECV or wheel chair ( or I have been with my friend that use one) all the times but once I have gone at got a DAS return time, found a place to site and recoup for maybe 10 minutes then walked around waiting for my return time. and by this time it is not crowded at all ( yes there are people there) I would say it was comfortable full ( and this is coming form someone that doe not like crowds).

my suggestion for someone in an ECV ( and as long as this is not your first time using one) is that it should be doable most of the crowed is going one of two places, ( FOP or the river one) if you are going to FOP I would stay to your left river left when you are on the bridge. ( there is one place where there are steps in pandora, if you get caught there you may have a problem, sorry I forgot where it was) but other then that you kind of all move as one to the line, keep the speed down on your ECV and just go slow. if you do not want to do this I would just hang back some maybe do another ride first then head over try to have your FP for FOP and then do the river one ( form what I have seen this ride is about 60-90 minute wait) now this will also depend on if it is a Holliday, weekend EMH .

I will also be down for a week in 3 week al my other trips have been day or short weekend trips and if I see anything different then I can let you all know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter