How can we beat 7D Rope Drop crowd with an 8:40 AM BOG reservation?

SunnyBunny33

Earning My Ears
We have a 8:40 AM BOG reservation and plan to arrive at park entrance breakfast reservation line at 7:30 AM. We’re excited to hang out and take in the empty park. Can they seat us earlier so we’re done in time to get in line for 7D before rope drop crowd arrives? Or can we hang out until park open, ride 7D at rope drop and be late for our reservation. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Thanks.

First off, the park won't be empty. They let everyone in on Main Street around 8 for a 9 AM open.

They may or may not let you be seated early. Reports of this have been mixed lately.

I think riding before eating is very risky. You might lose your spot and you might be charged a no show fee.

Last edited:
First off, the park won't be empty. They let everyone in on Main Street around 8 for a 9 AM open.

They may or may not let you be seated early. Reports of this have been mixed lately.

I thinking riding before eating is very risky. You might lose your spot and you might be charged a no show fee.
OK thanks for the info!

Keep your eyes open for an earlier ADR, I originally had an 8:50, then I found an 8:15, and finally and 8:00 popped up today. Granted, I was only looking for a solo ADR in the last week of January, so you may or may not have the same luck, depending on party size and date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter