How difficult is it to get a room?

Resqlt

Mom to a Prince and a Princess
Is it hard to get a reservation in Aulani at the seven month window? We are going on a cruise for my daughter's Sweet 16 next July and want to extend the vacation at Aulani afterwards, but have to wait for the 7 month window. Looking for a 1 BR. Not sure if we should make reservations elsewhere just in case. This is her dream trip and I hope it works out.

Is it hard to get a reservation in Aulani at the seven month window? We are going on a cruise for my daughter's Sweet 16 next July and want to extend the vacation at Aulani afterwards, but have to wait for the 7 month window. Looking for a 1 BR. Not sure if we should make reservations elsewhere just in case. This is her dream trip and I hope it works out.

In my albeit limited experience i believe it to be very possible to achieve a reservation at Aulani at the 7 month point. Also this amazing thread seems to support my semi-educated guess.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/

I would think so. I would hop right on it at the 7 month point though as July is busy. The “cheaper” views tend to go away quickly, but the ocean views are generally available for a good while....also if need be, hotel reservations can be had in Honolulu/Waikiki (at good places) up until probably a month out?

We just got a reservation at 7 months for a 2 bedroom pool view for January. My understanding is the cheapest rooms go first, so a standard view studio would be hardest to get and a 2 bedroom ocean view would be the easiest to get. The fact that you want a one bedroom, instead of a studio, would mean your chances would be greater. Also, we rented points from the DVC store (excellent experience) and I contacted our agent a week before the 7 month window so she submitted it the minute she could at exactly the 7 month mark, which probably helps.

I would think so. I would hop right on it at the 7 month point though as July is busy. The “cheaper” views tend to go away quickly, but the ocean views are generally available for a good while....also if need be, hotel reservations can be had in Honolulu/Waikiki (at good places) up until probably a month out?
I meant to say I would think you could get one easily....

We just got a reservation at 7 months for a 2 bedroom pool view for January. My understanding is the cheapest rooms go first, so a standard view studio would be hardest to get and a 2 bedroom ocean view would be the easiest to get. The fact that you want a one bedroom, instead of a studio, would mean your chances would be greater. Also, we rented points from the DVC store (excellent experience) and I contacted our agent a week before the 7 month window so she submitted it the minute she could at exactly the 7 month mark, which probably helps.
Thanks. We will probably book on the exact day that our 7 month window opens and take the best value on a 1 BR that we can get. I don't really want to use extra points on an ocean view room so we'll see what happens. I hope you have a wonderful time in January.

I meant to say I would think you could get one easily....
That's what we were thinking, to have a backup reservation in Waikiki, just in case. But it doesn't sound like getting into Aulani is as difficult as BCV so I'm hoping for some pixie dust.

July is a busy time of year, but I think you'd have a good chance if you book the day the 7 month window opens and you're flexible with roomy type and view.

We booked a 2 bedroom at 7 months for January with no issues at all. However we wanted an ocean view (I mean it’s Hawaii). I can’t imagine you being completely locked out from booking.

Last edited:
Our experience is strictly for GV's. We've gone 5 times now and had no problem getting a GV in February, April, September or May

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!