How do I get all these various discounted hotel rates?

Leafy

Earning My Ears
Hello. We're going to Universal Studios and am wondering how to get these great rates that have been posted.

1. What is a Fan Club rate? Who can get it? How do you get it?

2. For the Entertainment Card rate, do you need to purchase an entertainment card/book specific to the Orlando area? Or can you purchase the card/book for any area? Is there a specific coupon in the book for the Universal Studio hotels or do you just show your card? Are the book and card purchased separately, or is it a package deal?

3. Is it worth the $60 extra dollars to get a Preferred Annual Pass to the parks instead of the Annual Power Pass? It seems like the PAP hotel rates are about the same as the Fan Club or Entertainment Card rates? And, isn't the Entertainment Card only $25?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help. I love to bargain hunt!

Originally posted by Leafy
Hello. We're going to Universal Studios and am wondering how to get these great rates that have been posted.

1. What is a Fan Club rate? Who can get it? How do you get it?

2. For the Entertainment Card rate, do you need to purchase an entertainment card/book specific to the Orlando area? Or can you purchase the card/book for any area? Is there a specific coupon in the book for the Universal Studio hotels or do you just show your card? Are the book and card purchased separately, or is it a package deal?

3. Is it worth the $60 extra dollars to get a Preferred Annual Pass to the parks instead of the Annual Power Pass? It seems like the PAP hotel rates are about the same as the Fan Club or Entertainment Card rates? And, isn't the Entertainment Card only $25?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help. I love to bargain hunt!

Hey there!!! Welcome to this board! I will try and help:

1. The fan club is a card that you can get from this board. Look for the post on the main forum from Tinkerbarb. She will send it to you and is great about doing so. There is no charge.

2. As long as you have a current entertainment card, it does not matter what city it's from. When you make your reservation, you refer to the discount and viola....they will book it if it's available. You have to show your card at checkin.,....no coupons.

3. The preferred AP is alot better than the AP. I had the same questions until I found out that you get so much with the preferred. Other than room discounts, you also get discounts on meals, souvenirs and the like. The regular ap only gives you admission, nothing else... so I am not even sure if it will give you room discounts.

Of the three, the entertainment and ap rates are always the lowest.

Hope that helps!

Rates aren't out yet for 2004, but when they do come out call Loew's and find out which discount is available for your dates. If the Entertainment rate is available, book it and then go to www.entertainment.com and buy a book for any area--doesn't have to be Orlando. You can also get the book from local schools and charities. You need the card that is in the book when you check in the hotel.

They are saying that they will be out by the end of this month, but we'll see.......:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter