How do you end your last night in the parks?

We always make sure that we do Buzz, Thunder, and Splash toward the end of the day and we always end on Space (we start at Space as well).

Our last day is always the MK, followed by ‘Ohana for dinner and then swimming, followed by one last snack at Beaches and Cream.

Last time we did last day on a party day and had to leave at 6, but it was great because the park was almost dead until 4.

We took a boat to the Poly, ate dinner at Ohana and watched the party fireworks on the beach. Then did monorail back to our bus. It was a wonderful end and hoping to do it again next time!

We make sure we see whatever the nighttime show is for that park, although we don't always end our visits at the same park, or see the nighttime show at every park. In MK we always ride People Mover last-tradition since my first trip in 1972.

The last 3 trips we have always ended the last night closing down the MK. It was raining this year and we were wearing ponchos and still having a good time. The crowds we not bad as it seems a lot of people left early because of the rain. We were all bummed as we were heading back to the bus. We always joke when we get to Disney that we don't want to be "those people"....meaning the people taking their bags to their cars and people getting on the ME bus to the airport. But on the morning we leave, I pack the car and we go have breakfast at the food court and we always say we are "those people" today. It is sad but kind of funny.

We have 2 we spend the day at Magic Kingdom ( I must get that one more Haunted Mansion ride) and we have dinner at Ohana and watch the fireworks from there.

Until 4 years ago we always took a morning flight home so our last night was most often spent needing to be back at the resort right after dinner to pack and go to bed early. Then.....4 years ago there was no flight home that fit our time frame so we opted to fly home on the 10pm flight the night before we needed to be home. This was life altering.....now we look for that late night flight. We drop our bags at RAC early in the morning and head to MK for the entire day. I absolutely love it BUT it is very sad to walk out the gate and have to go home. The old way of going back to the resort to pack kind of softens the goodbye.

We have 2 we spend the day at Magic Kingdom ( I must get that one more Haunted Mansion ride) and we have dinner at Ohana and watch the fireworks from there.

Do you (or anyone) know if you can also see the MNSSHP fireworks from the Poly? Even if so, you can't hear the music, right?

We always have dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table on our last night and then spend our last few hours at MK. The next morning is always an early breakfast at 1900 Park Fare before flying home that afternoon/evening.

Our last trip we had a Disney After Hours night at MK, both my wife and I agreed it was the best ending to the trip we could have asked for. Virtually no crowds, able to walk around at our own pace and enjoy the sights.

Since you have hoppers, I would go to Epcot when they close MK for the party. You can do a character meal (GG/Akershus) or anywhere in the World Showcase and watch the fireworks after.

Honestly, nothing spectacular. Swim in the pool and pack, basically. Mostly because we leave so early in the morning. If we had a late flight, and didn't have to be up before dawn, then I would probably make my last night a fireworks night. So in your shoes, I would probably head to EP for the evening and watch the fireworks there.

Character meal then fireworks sounds like a great idea! I'd have to work on ADR refreshing (our party is 9!!!) Just checked - nothing but the easy to get stuff without characters, but that is something to consider!

Last edited:
Last night is always fireworks (and trying not to cry on the bus back) but the next morning before we fly out is a splurge on room service for a little bit more Disney magic before we go.

We try to always spend our last full day/night in MK and stay until they close. We leave our bags at the resort and head out pretty early. We hit any rides we missed so far and get a last minute souvie. When the kids were little we'd always make sure to sit and watch the fireworks but the last couple of years we use that time to ride a busy ride like 7D or Space Mtn and just catch the fireworks walking to our ride. The last night fireworks always make we weepy. I feel like we're leaving a piece of us behind or that we'll never be back again and get all teary. When closing time is getting near we like to go ride Pirates one last time then walk out singing "Yo ho yo ho"! Mouse bars for the walk to the buses! We usually get the latest flight home the next day so we still have another part day in a park but we don't go to MK on that last part day. For some reason leaving MK when its still daytime makes me even more sad! We hit MK HARD all day the last full then spend our part day usually at Epcot snacking at food booths. Epcot always feels the easiest to get out of and back to the resort to catch ME bus. We might change it up a bit this next time tho, and spend the last morning/afternoon in HS if we feel like we need a little more SWGE...esp if we build droids!!

The last trips, we try to do multiple parks on the last day, see Epcot fireworks (we typically stay at Boardwalk) and then try to take down the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream.

I'm definitely a "Last Night at Magic Kingdom". Though this year we won't be closing out. Instead we'll be doing Storybook Dining to close out last night and the final act is a late breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Always spend our last night at MK. Watching the fireworks with tears in our eyes. If it is a party night we watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. Two years ago we switched things up and did our last night at US, and it felt so strange. We love US but won’t do that again. Have to end our trip with HEA!

We spend our last day park hopping and then end our trip with Fantasmic! It’s my favorite. It just so happens that we ended our very first trip in 2014 with Fantasmic and now it’s our tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter