How do you end your last night in the parks?

It's always MK for the last night. The past few trips we have simply sat on the curbs of Main Street, train station end, and looked down at the lights, castle etc. and listened to the sounds. Yep, even after 20+ trips, we still get teary eyed, hug each other, and say well, see you again next year Disney World! Then of course we hope and pray we can actually make it back again!

It is always the Magic Kingdom. My wife and I are in our 60's and we travel down every year in February. The Magic Kingdom is the one place where can feel like kids again and experience our childhood. When we leave, we both face the castle, say goodbye and offer a heartfelt thanks to Walt for his dream, we shed a tear and leave.

I sob and try to run back into the Magic Kingdom while my sister holds me back.

Seriously, we always end at the Magic Kingdom, usually on a half-day because we don't like to fly out too late. The one time we had a late flight we were so exhausted we just weren't having a magical day and left early to go back to our hotel's food court to wait until it was time for Magical Express to pick us up. The last thing I do is take a long, long loong look at the castle before we walk out.

I think the most important thing for us personally to remember (as 50-somethings) is when to blow the pixie dust out of our eyes and cry uncle. It's soooooo hard to leave, but at the same time it's okay to be soooooo ready to go home.

We always start and end our WDW trips in MK...it's just the essence of all things Disney for our family.

During our last night at MK, we try to hit the snacks we might have missed out on, any attractions we might want to experience one last time, and grab any last minute souvenirs. Once we've done those things and are feeling like we need to leave the park soon, we ride the People Mover one last time. This is important because we always film our trip summary on the People Mover. It's a slow long ride and it gives us plenty of time to highlight the weather during our trip, our favorite meals, how we felt about our resort, the attractions that we loved the most, anything especially funny that happened, any CMs that were extra awesome during our stay, and we always talk about any pixie dust we experienced on our trip. It's the BEST film footage to watch when we get home, because it gives us all the high points of each of our trips in one little capsule.

Late night reservation at a table service in Epcot, and eat slowly. Walk out of the park with literally no one around. For that 15-20 minute walk out of the park, it truly feels like all of Disney belongs to you. It's much harder to get that empty park feeling at MK, and even if you do experience it (and, we have before), you have a transportation challenge to get back to your car.

We try to follow up our last night in the park with a character breakfast at a resort the the next morning after check-out... for some reason that helps it feel a little less sad than just loading up the car and driving off...

We end our trip at Magic Kingdom, see the Happy Every After, and Once Upon A Time. Head directly to the Ice cream parlor, order our sundaes, sit at the little white tables outside, facing castle. See the ki ss goodnight at least twice, get teary eyed and when Mickey says "see ya real soon". We giggle knowing we already booked our bounce back offer!!!
[

We don't plan a "last night". We have a last morning in the parks and schedule a late tragical express/flight home. Tradition says full breakfast followed by MK are on order for the last day. Leaving mid-day seems less sad, somehow.

My last two trips were to WDW in 2008 and DLR in 2016. Both trips ended with a nighttime show. At WDW, I caught Wishes and at DLR I watched World Of Color.

getting happy tears just thinking about it. I have been to Disney 20+ times but brought my DBF for the first time this past Thanksgiving.
Our last full night we watched HEA at MK and just stood there hugging one another, humming to the music and watching the projections and fireworks in fascination

i love that man so much but don't think i have ever loved him more than when we were walking down Main Street afterwards and he turned to me and said "now i understand"

Magic Kingdom. I make sure it's not a special event. We ride the last Dumbo of the evening then walk slowly towards Main Street. We buy hot chocolate if we can and sit in Town Square (often on the rocking chairs) and people watch until the crowds thin out. Occasionally we've been in the last group out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter