How do you feel about ADR change?

Do you prefer the ability to make ADRs at 60 days or 180 days?

• 60 Days is plenty

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Hope WDW goes back to 180 days

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Somewhere in-between

Votes: 26 13.8%

• Total voters

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What is your opinion of the fact that Disney is changing from the ability to make ADRs 180 days out to 60 days out? Are you hoping that this is just a temporary measure, and that at some point it returns to 180 days? Or are you happy with the 60 days, thinking that that's plenty of time to decide what/where/when you want to eat?
As an aside, I remember when you could only reserve day of, and then WDW allowed resort guests to book in advance-all of 3 days in advance.

I’d be ok with that. At 180 day I felt like I was scrambling to get the “perfect” reservations! However the time and effort I put in for our upcoming trip was very disappointing seeing Disney cancelling my reservations all at once! 😫 Now you hope you can get the same reservations when you book at 60 days out.

I remember "day of" reservations for restaurants and booking through kiosks at Epcot where we essentially video chatted with a CM. Not sure on the 60 days out. If there are no dining plans and availability is good, I have no problems with it. Hopefully, if they re-introduce Fast Passes, they are not also available at 60 days.

Actually, planner that I am, I don't like having to imagine 6 months from my vacation every detail of my vacation so I can book key, hard to get ADRs. I have a trip coming up in December and wasn't looking forward to having to try and figure out each day for an upcoming 180 day window. OTOH, not sure about the prospect of a learning curve for a new interim system.

It'll be interesting. Maybe this new system might work better and be made more permanent after the pandemic has passed.:)

I remember "day of" reservations for restaurants and booking through kiosks at Epcot where we essentially video chatted with a CM. Not sure on the 60 days out. If there are no dining plans and availability is good, I have no problems with it. Hopefully, if they re-introduce Fast Passes, they are not also available at 60 days.

Actually, planner that I am, I don't like having to imagine 6 months from my vacation every detail of my vacation so I can book key, hard to get ADRs. I have a trip coming up in December and wasn't looking forward to having to try and figure out each day for an upcoming 180 day window. OTOH, not sure about the prospect of a learning curve for a new interim system.

It'll be interesting. Maybe this new system might work better and be made more permanent after the pandemic has passed.:)
Yep. The Unofficial Guide touring plan was to arrive at Epcot early, rush to Comminicore (I think) to make those World Showcase dining reservations, then ride Body Wars.

I would be okay with 60 days out if we had definitive park hours by then and didn't have to do FP same day. It seems to be the feeling that Disney will be doing away with FP and going in the direction of a virtual queue.

I think I'm somewhere in between. 180 days seemed like too far out although I didn't mind getting reservations and then tweaking as I found other reservations/changed plans. As long as there is still some advantage for onsite guests (so 60+10) I'm okay with 60 days out. I just wonder if will be harder to tweak plans once reservations are made.

I think 180 days always gave me that bit of excitement when it felt like Disney was still ages away but I can see how 60 days is a lot better if I'm honest

So happy about this change. I always made my reservations at 180 days, or asap after a trip was planned- but, inevitably changed plans several times often up until the last minute. 60 days is fine. Heck, I'd be find with 30 days. Same with FP. I actually didn't mind the old days of day of FP machines- but, realize that I'm probably in the minority on that.

During our trip last February, I overheard many people (obvious first timers) very upset about being shut out of rides and waiting on hours long lines. While waiting for our table at Chefs de France an elderly couple was told they couldn't be seated without a reservation that he had to make them on the online app (and he looked as if he had no idea what that was), yet half the tables were empty while we dined. :(

Your average person will have be shut out of some restaurant seats 6 months ahead of time and they didn't even know it. I do the planning with the best of them to not be in this situation, but why does going to WDW have to require so much effort? So, yes, less months of planning-awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter