How do you feel about ADR change?

Do you prefer the ability to make ADRs at 60 days or 180 days?

• 60 Days is plenty

Votes: 132 69.8%
  • Hope WDW goes back to 180 days

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Somewhere in-between

Votes: 26 13.8%

• Total voters
I voted that 60 days is plenty, but I really don't care. We don't make a ton of ADRs because we like to be able to make some decisions when we are there and we're willing to eat QS meals or try whatever is available for same day ADRs in order to have that option. So it doesn't matter to me when I make the ADRs----except for ONE thing:

I would NOT want to be making ADRs and fastpasses on the same day. So if ADRs were 60 days out then I would want Fast passes to be 65 days out or 45 days out, or even 59 days out. just not the same day, ebcause I don't want to have to decide which to make more important that morning. :)

With the frequency that things change at WDW, it might be advantageous to make concrete detailed plans a bit closer to your actual trip dates, though. How often have you made plans only to have something close for work, or just close all together, or park hours change and mess you up, etc. It seems like you might cut down on those issues by at least a percentage if you made the plans a bit closer to the time you'd be there. :)

I'd be fine if it stayed at 60 days. The older our kids get, the more we find ourselves touring the parks and stopping to eat less. Sometimes we will do a PPO breakfast and then grab snacks throughout the day. Sometimes we will go hard core all day and then grab a dinner. Usually for a week-long trip, I'll book maybe 5 sit down meals at the most. We often wind up canceling/changing them. Besides, there are very few "must do" restaurants for us. Most of the food in WDW is fine, but not outstanding in any way.

I am a TA and trying to convince some people that they need to figure out where they are eating 6 months in advance is difficult! I would be very happy if this 60 days out thing is permanent. And I currently hate that hours are posted just days before you have to figure out where to want to eat and when.

At 60 days you'll need 2 computers to book ADR and FP+ at the same time! It's hard enough just doing one thing.
Its been a while since I've made ADRs at the 180 day mark, but at the time, ADRs could be made at 6am ET. FPs were at 60 days at 7am. I'm assuming ADRs are still at 6am at the 60 day mark? Or have they moved to 7am?

I never booked any dining until after I had selected my FP because sometimes you have to be flexible to get the more popular ones. I didn’t make a lot of them anyway, but if I did, it was usually in the 30 days or less range. So for me, 60 is more than adequate. I do believe that if park reservations are gone and FP are back, it will probably be increased, but 90 days would be enough.

Add me to the list of people who remember making Epcot reservations day of at Earth Station or the kiosk in Germany, and remembers when it went to three days out, then seven, then I think it went to 30, but only for on property guests. However, since it usually wasn’t hard to do a walk up, I rarely made a reservation back then either.

60 days is plenty.
But... I was bummed that they cancelled all my reservation for this November!
That was after I had all my March reservations/fastpasses go poof!
If our November trip goes forth, it will likely be quite a few years before we are back anyway so not stressed about it one way or the other.

I am a TA and trying to convince some people that they need to figure out where they are eating 6 months in advance is difficult! I would be very happy if this 60 days out thing is permanent. And I currently hate that hours are posted just days before you have to figure out where to want to eat and when.
To me, your point about the hours being posted is the biggest reason they need to adjust the 180 days for ADRs. At least at 60 days, the hours they have scheduled should be accurate and won't change before you arrive.

Yeah, the 180 days wasn't great because Disney didn't even have all their info out yet. Especially when you're planning around the holidays and you need to know party dates, CP info (they never released the CP dining packages at the 180 mark and you didn't know most/any narrators at that point). You barely had park hours and those usually changed closer to the trip.

We rarely made ADRs at 180 days. Either we didn't have our trip booked, or if we had booked it early and actually made ADRs, I always had to re-do the ADRs again once we got our FPs. We always prioritized FPs. We do a lot of dining. Sometimes two TS per day. Usually a Signature or two during a trip, depending on length. I think 30 days is more than enough, but 60 is better than 180 for sure. This is a step in the right direction. More flexibility changing restaurants the day of the ADR would be helpful too.

I prefer 180 days because that's 180 days of having them all set. Sixty days and not knowing right now what restaurants will be open or if I will get in the door for park reservations? This is the exact opposite of feeling all set. 🙃

I'm very glad about it! I'm a super planner, so it's not that I don't want to plan things out in advance. But with bringing a family, it's hard to even know who's going to be able to join us that far out

I like the 180 day mark. I keep reading about how people cannot make up their minds about where they will want to eat. I do not understand this. If you are on this board a majority of the people have been more than once. The girls know at a year or more where they want to eat. The issue is cutting the list down o fit 10 days. And as a general rule if they make it 60 days how long before people just yakking that 60 days is to long? With all the unknowns I am just waiting until June of 2021 to go again.

To me, 60 days is more than enough, but I am also thinking that we will need to know what park reservations have been secured for which days in order to select in-park ADRs with any conviction.

I can see people making an ADR for each park, each day of their stay, and just cancelling those for the parks they won’t actually visit on the specific days once their Park reservations are confirmed. It seems it could turn into a juggling act, no matter how the timing goes.

To me, 60 days is more than enough, but I am also thinking that we will need to know what park reservations have been secured for which days in order to select in-park ADRs with any conviction.

I can see people making an ADR for each park, each day of their stay, and just cancelling those for the parks they won’t actually visit on the specific days once their Park reservations are confirmed. It seems it could turn into a juggling act, no matter how the timing goes.

I'm one of those people who would make ADRs at 180 and make tons of changes over the time leading up to the trip as well as during the trip. I love making ADRs, whenever I get to make them, but the farther out it happens...the more I'm going to change my mind. I have no idea what I want to eat 180 days out, and still really won't know that at 60 days out, but 60 days is probably better since I may be closer to being happy with ideas for plans based on touring and experiences. Anything swapped out during the trip is because someone suddenly decided they're not in the mood for whatever and want something else. No amount of advanced booking can help with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter