How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has anyone else heard that they are not letting you wear the gaiters at the resorts? Heard someone say they had heard someone was stopped for wearing one. I have ordered several for our trip.

Mods - forgive me if this is the wrong place or too "controversial" or a duplicate that I missed, I dont fully know all of the rules around here.

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE OVER THE MERITS OF THE MASK OR THE SEVERITY OF COVID. We all have our opinions on those things.

But it just occurred to me reading another site that Aquatica San Antonio is having to expand operating hours and days because of such high demand. Water parks are generally exempted from the mask requirement (and Bexar County/San Antonio currently has a mask requirement).

Could it be that requiring the masks is whats keeping a significant number of people away?

Think about this... there are 2 kinds of people... those who are extremely scared of covid, and those who are not. (Again, not trying to debate the merits of this.)

The people who are extremely scared of covid are not going to venture to a theme park right now - mask requirement or not. Am I wrong?

So the only thing the mask is doing is discouraging those who are not that scared of covid from going.

My hypothesis is that while trying to split the baby (be open, but require masks to appease the more covid-concerned people), they are effectively limiting their own audience. If they removed the mask requirements, I bet you that attendance at the parks would hit (or be near) capacity every single day - this goes for Disney, Universal, and even your local Six Flags.

I understand that in some places, there are governmental restrictions requiring them, and there are also union/employee concerns. But it would seem to me that keeping theme parks generally operating and profitable so that they can continue to remain open and continue to employ these individuals and provide a boost/tourism to the local economy should also be a concern?

Oh my .. talk about opening a can of worms AND beating a dead horse in the same topic.

It is an interesting hypothesis:

I agree there is a fine line between being safe and pushing away your customers. I mean .. at restaurants where you CAN dine, it is not worth it sometimes because of longer wait times due to only have half seating and severely reduced menus or reduced staff(to save money) (which also makes wait times long). Eventually .. as more people feel safer to go out .. the social distancing restrictions are going to cause more issues than mask wearing.

My opinion before this topic gets hammered and slammed:
1) A business can require masks if they want and all customers should be okay with that, or not go.
2) I am sure Disney is taking into account the customers they are driving away, but in our society today, businesses fear bad PR and /or governmental fines and/or lawsuits more than alienating existing customers. It's as simple as that.
3) I doubt Disney would see a great increase (if any increase) in attendance if they lifted their mask policy.They will see an increase in attendance if they lift the other restrictions (capacity, ditch the reservation system, open more restaurants, open the closed attractions, bring back fireworks, M&Gs, etc.). I think MORE people don't find value in Disney right now and aren't coming because of that .. NOT because they have to wear a mask.

I hope that Disney will slowly lift their mask requirement EVENTUALLY --
1) By enforcing it less (just basically requiring it for park entry)
OR
2) By just changing the rules so masks aren't required outside and only in queues, restaurants, shops. (It is my PERSONAL opinion that wearing masks outside while walking around is a bit overkill, but I understand that the rule is there just to make it pretty obvious when to wear masks or not).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!