How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
My family cannot wear masks. If they allow an ADA reasonable accommodation of not wearing one, then we will be there opening day.

Hopefully the wearing of masks will change with the phases. By November I hope required is over.
It seems like with a downward trajectory, the three phases should be over in six weeks, right? Am I misinterpreting that? Is it the general phases I keep reading about everywhere, or do large venues have separate phases to follow?

We have a December trip. If we have to wear masks, we will cancel. I guess I'm not going to worry about it now.

If a mask is required and you choose to go then wear one. I will just wait as it is just not something I am willing to do in the FL heat all day. But I'm not going to complain about it. Disney is trying to protect its employees and guests so I dont blame them. I hope we return to normal sooner rather than later but I'll keep pushing my reservations back till I can go and enjoy my trip fully.

So I think a mask should be required at the present time but I would not go to Disney if I had to wear one. It's finally starting to feel like summer in the northern Virginia area and it was pretty miserable wearing a mask for a limited period of time when the temps were in the low 80s and pretty humid. Can't imagine trying to wear one the entire day when it is 10 degrees warmer and even more humid.

Just came back from DS, humidity is very high, the sun was shining until we got a crazy downpour. If you decide to come while masks are mandatory start practicing at home now, it is not easy to do, it's extremely uncomfortable out there with one. Don't think you might be able to handle and come, you'll be disappointed,
If you feel fine wearing them all day in the heat then by all means, welcome

It seems like with a downward trajectory, the three phases should be over in six weeks, right? Am I misinterpreting that? Is it the general phases I keep reading about everywhere, or do large venues have separate phases to follow?

We have a December trip. If we have to wear masks, we will cancel. I guess I'm not going to worry about it now.

The worry with a lot of people is a 2nd wave in the winter.

Me personally, I don't think there will be, but that's my opinion.

I'll post it here instead of the main thread, but I'm very disappointed in Disney's wording of masks requirements. Says it must be secured by a tie or ear loop. Which means no gaiter, or any type of like ski mask. I felt since those would be made out of polyester it'd be easier to breathe (I remembered I had an old under armour face mask that I bought when I moved to Ohio for college (it worked wonders in 5 degree weather to keep the wind from cutting my face up). But since it's just compression keeping it up, it won't be allowed.

I have yet to find a face mask that's easy to breathe in and comfy

As far as I've read DS is not allowing any exceptions so I would unfortunately think the parks might be the same.

I've read the same. I don't think anybody wants to go shopping badly enough to get a lawyer involved, but for the parks ... especially if Universal does reasonable accommodations, they might be hard pressed NOT to allow exceptions. Think about it. Family of 5, one kid on the spectrum that can't/won't wear a mask without a meltdown happening. Are they going to keep the whole family out or do a reasonable accommodation by making sure they don't have a fever, ask if they have symptoms, if they've traveled to any hot spots, and then allow the kid to not wear one.

With that in mind, all the shamers should assume that the guest not wearing a mask is an ADA reasonable accommodation - please don't give them grief. Sure, they might be just shirking the mask, but they might also be legit. Don't assume.

Universal's "official" response is that for CityWalk they send you to a guest services for reasonable accommodations. Haven't heard whether no mask has been granted or not, since shopping isn't important enough for most to press the point, but the fact that they state reasonable accommodations implies they would allow exceptions. I've sent in a question asking Disney as it most definitely affects my annual pass. Nothing I can do about it but not go if they deny ADA accommodations, but I will be beyond a happy camper if they are charging me for my annual pass while denying me entry. Disney has become less and less ADA friendly over the years, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do not do accommodations, but disappointed all the same.

To me having a mask that “ties” seems like a ridiculous qualification because you can sew or glue ties to a gaiter and some are being sold with ear loops already? Some mask that look like disposable surgical mask are basically tissue paper and some homemade masks are better than tri-ply surgical masks because people put a million layers and a filter into them. Glad they started tod engine what a “face cover is” but it doesn’t seem to be based on science but rather on what a worker can be trained to observe easily.

My family cannot wear masks. If they allow an ADA reasonable accommodation of not wearing one, then we will be there opening day.
Of course they will allow ADA accommodations, it is the law. The rigor around any required proof and other backup is the real question. I would suggest contacting them well in advance of any travel.

We had a trip planned for this summer. We're cancelling because we want to wait until the health risk is lower, and we don't want the kids' first experience of Disney to be wearing a mask in the heat.

To me having a mask that “ties” seems like a ridiculous qualification because you can sew or glue ties to a gaiter and some are being sold with ear loops already? Some mask that look like disposable surgical mask are basically tissue paper and some homemade masks are better than tri-ply surgical masks because people put a million layers and a filter into them. Glad they started tod engine what a “face cover is” but it doesn’t seem to be based on science but rather on what a worker can be trained to observe easily.
To me it would seem obvious if you can see the person’s mouth & nose then it’s not a face covering. A gaiter would cover the face. A mask with ear loops and ties can get pulled off just as a quickly as a gaiter.

Of course they will allow ADA accommodations, it is the law. The rigor around any required proof and other backup is the real question. I would suggest contacting them well in advance of any travel.
I've been seeing reports that there will be no ADA accommodations because it is a safety issue. Masks are a no go for my special needs daughter and I hope the mask requirements everywhere are dropped soon. I don't like the idea of my daughter and others like her becoming societal outcasts over masks.

Of course they will allow ADA accommodations, it is the law.
Actually, that's the tricky part. They are not required to have an ADA exception at this time. Right now this appears to be company choice, and legal either way. However, we all know this is a big lawsuit waiting to happen as to when the appropriate time to end this exception might be. I absolutely agree, call ahead. Whatever the answer is today could change at any time. Way too much craziness everywhere!

https://www.natlawreview.com/articl...s-business-owners-requiring-face-masks-retail

I'm a physician. I see COVID patients. I wear a mask 12 hours a day at work and any time I go out in public. I totally, 100%, agree with the mask requirement. I also can't imagine spending any significant amount of time in the central Florida heat and humidity wearing a mask. We didn't have a Disney trip planned this year but the mask requirement would be enough for me to cancel if we had. No complaints here. The masks are critically important, but we will wait until they are no longer needed before we visit again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!