How do you feel about...

We have 2 cruises booked for 2021...May and October. I need to go ahead and cancel May because even if it does sail (which I’m doubting more by the day) I do not want to pay full fare for the restrictions that will be in place. I’m trying not to think about the October cruise at this point.

No, I would not go on a cruise tomorrow.

I have a child so I will be overly cautious. I don’t want something bad to happen to me or my family. I don’t want to have life long organ damage that will prevent me from doing what I want to do when the virus is not wrecking so much havoc.

Even though tomorrow is not promised, I would rather live a low key life for a year or two at home and the hopefully go back to what I used to enjoy

As much as I would love to, I would not cruise tomorrow. I think we take a pretty reasonable approach to virus prevention. We wear masks everywhere inside and no indoor restaurants except for a couple times we had quick 15 minute meals inside at Disney (we live close enough for day trips).

But for one, I don't think we're at a place yet where long dinners with hundreds of people and no masks are good idea. I also worry about the value and the changes in experience. A HUGE thing to me is being able to drop our kids off at the kids club on a whim. If that changes then there's less value to me and less motivation to pay the high prices with Disney. We have a 3 day Sept '21 cruise booked and we plan to book AK in '22. I can live with some modifications for the September cruise as it'll be so short. But with the prices I expect for AK, I don't want ANY reduction in experience. And I hope that June 2022 is long enough out that we can finally be past most or all of this.

No I wouldn’t. I was on the WBPC that was the last Disney ship sailing and while we did have a good time and made the most of it I wouldn’t pay Disney prices to repeat it and in that case the ‘only’ impact was 10 days at sea, many entertainment changes and buffets not being serve yourself.

I feel like besides masks and way more on-board restrictions than we experienced there is also going to be an increased risk of ports closing and itineraries not ending up as expected. While the on-board experience is great we don’t personally cruise to only be on the ship.

I have no fears of cruising right now due to covid but whether I will actually go really all depends on the experience. I can't imagine not being able to sit on deck 4 and read/nap without a mask on or having to wave at characters 6 feet away. I also worry about the relationships we usually have with our dining room servers. We have had such good experiences but it is always a challenge to understand all of the different accents and with masks it will be even more difficult. I am so afraid I would just be sad the entire time and that kind of defeats the purpose of a cruise vacation. I am torn.

I can live with some modifications for the September cruise as it'll be so short. But with the prices I expect for AK, I don't want ANY reduction in experience. And I hope that June 2022 is long enough out that we can finally be past most or all of this.
That's pretty much what it boils down to me too. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually discount Alaska 2021 (assuming those sailings actually happen). If they are going to be charging current 2021 prices with major modifications to the experience, those ships will be completely empty as soon as Alaska 2022 itineraries are released.

The CDC "No sail" order has been lifted and I guess DCL is planning to move forward with the first scheduled sailing of Dec 6th. :boat:

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/10/cdc-disney-cruise-line-restart-tm1/

Where are you getting that Disney is going to resume sailing Dec 6? In order for that to happen they first need to restaff the ships, no small endeavour even without current travel issues. Then they need to train crew on those protocols and then prove that their protocols work. That is a lot to accomplish in a little over a month.

Where are you getting that Disney is going to resume sailing Dec 6? In order for that to happen they first need to restaff the ships, no small endeavour even without current travel issues. Then they need to train crew on those protocols and then prove that their protocols work. That is a lot to accomplish in a little over a month.
Unfortunately, that's not happening... CDC lifts the ban and replaces it with a 60-day notice, before and during which a cruise line needs to jump to many hoops. Mid-January would be the earliest start date.
Although the last round of cancelled cruises went up to Dec. 6, with all that they have to do to prepare I don't see that likely happening. Heck I don't even see mid-January happening. If anything I see between March and May.

Wouldn’t hesitate to cruise for safety reasons, but would need to understand protocols in place and determine the value in the price. I’m not willing to pay full price for a watered down experience.

I would easily get on a cruise ship right now, especially Disney, I would have the utmost trust in Disney to safely execute the proper safety measures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter