How do you feel about...

We love cruising in my family, but we are fully prepared to wait a long time to cruise. We’re just not interested in a cruise that could involve wearing masks. We’re happy to wait a year or two until cruising returns to normal.

No, no, no. We believe the scientists. Other than an every two week trip to the grocery store (early morning, fully masked), we have not been in a building/enclosed area with more than 6 people since mid-March. Saved lots of money not eating out or shopping or traveling so that's a tiny silver lining. In better health because we've been walking, hiking, kayaking, swimming. Will get the vaccine when Dr. Fauci says it's safe. We did just book WBPC March 2022 and have a non-Disney European trip booked June 2022.

No, no, no. We believe the scientists. Other than an every two week trip to the grocery store (early morning, fully masked), we have not been in a building/enclosed area with more than 6 people since mid-March. Saved lots of money not eating out or shopping or traveling so that's a tiny silver lining. In better health because we've been walking, hiking, kayaking, swimming. Will get the vaccine when Dr. Fauci says it's safe. We did just book WBPC March 2022 and have a non-Disney European trip booked June 2022.
But the scientists say 99.98% of ppl who catch it survive the virus.

But the scientists say 99.98% of ppl who catch it survive the virus.
In the US, there are 200,000 deaths for 7 million+ cases. That's nearly a 3% fatality rate.

And 'survival' is an interesting concept. I am much more likely to survive a venomous snakebite in the US than this virus. I can survive a car accident too - never mind the limb out of commission.

Lets please not derail this thread into an argument about what constitutes reasonable risk again, and whether only fatalities or long term side effects count, etc etc. We have a community board for that. Thanks! :)

I just switched our April 2021 cruise to April 2022. I’m hoping that one sticks. I’d cruise then.

I’m a teacher and back at work full time though. So if things are good and there’s meet & greets on the ship, we will go in April 2022.

I have three booked in the pipeline but I will not be going if there is a mask requirement. This is not a commentary on the efficacy of masks or lack there of. I will find mask free ways to recreate even if that means hikes, fishing, or enjoying a lounge chair on my patio.

Probably would wait a bit. Currently have an October 2021 booked. I plan on keeping it and going even with the new protocols in place. I'm not going to keep pushing back another year, cause honestly how I feel is that this whole mask wearing and six feet apart restrictions could last a long time. There's no crystal ball that says when this will end and we'll go back to a time to before mask. It could be a year, 2 or 5 years+. Tho if cruises are running while with restrictions then I'll go, try to have fun cause I believe that they'll to everything to keep guest safe. I'm certain that if there was ppl on the cruise with it that they would take care of it quietly to not cause a mass panic amongst guest. Just like anything else that could happen. Sorry now I'm rambling. Point is I'm not gonna put life and everything that is fun on pause out of fear or not liking the restrictions, or anything else. Anything can happen, and if I have a chance of doing something I want to do I will take that chance cause who knows by the time another chance (if I get another chance) comes along something bad could happen to me by then. (It's just how my mindset is)

No, I wouldn't jump yet. I haven't even been brave enough to get a hair cut since March 5.
I will return to working in my office next week for the first time since March 20 and they have completely reconfigured our office to keep us 6 feet apart, no shared equipment, plexi-glass shields between all employees, masks required. So baby steps for me. No way I'd cruise or fly or eat in a restaurant any time soon.

There must be someone that has a very similar Avatar or signature line to yours here on the DIS. That person had the attitude of "Ive got good life insurance, my family will be fine" and I always momentarily confuse you with him in my head. Wonder what became of that guy, hope he's alright.

Absolutely. Not concerned in the least about the virus. Been traveling around the country - at Disney, Hershey, Dollywood. Things are cleaner than they have ever been! Can’t catch a germ if your life depended on it. It always amazes me to realize there are people still sheltering in place! Go and enjoy life - before the economy makes it so that everything will have to close! If we don’t get over our fear, there will be no life worth living to go back to!

My mom, who has mostly sheltered in place since early March, needed some plumbing work done in her home last week. Last Saturday she got the call that the person was sick. She is now positive despite wearing a mask and being outside most of the time the work was taking place. Germs can absolutely still be caught, youve been lucky.

There must be someone that has a very similar Avatar or signature line to yours here on the DIS. That person had the attitude of "Ive got good life insurance, my family will be fine" and I always momentarily confuse you with him in my head. Wonder what became of that guy, hope he's alright.

Me too. LOL.

We have had three cruises cancelled due to Covid and our time as a family being able to travel all together now that my husband (active duty Naval Officer) is wrapping up shore duty is coming to an end. If we were able to cruise one more time before that I would go, but only if everyone aboard had to take a covid test prior to being able to board.

I have 2 booked for next year. For me the deciding factor is the capacity. If they run at 75 or 100% capacity I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. I went to Disney and felt comfortable. I know the cruise would have the same precautions but there is less outdoor space. I would go if capacity was reduced enough no matter the other restrictions. I wore a mask for 11 days at disney so I don't care. For the record I don't think we should go back to normal but I also think we shouldn't stay completely locked inside.

Has there been any published news about what new procedures and processes would look like on board for covid precautions? I'm talking about cabin occupancy, restaurant seating, elevator occupancy, walking in the hallways, changes at the buffets, shows, etc. Can they even run kids clubs anymore?? Just because you test negative for three days in a row prior to vacay, doesn't mean you can't catch it from someone on the way to embark and then develop symptoms mid-cruise.

I'm very tempted to book for April 2021 but am trying to wrap my head around if I would feel like safety measures were in place that both make sense and are reasonable (both for enjoyment and low transmission risk). I remember the pooh show that existed on certain cruise ships back in Feb/March of this year when ships that had a few infected people became containment hot spots. o_O

I have kept up with my volunteer activities since March, taken road trips, flown, and stayed in hotels, and I’m going to WDW in December. I’m not interested in cruising the moment cruising resumes, but I have 4 cruises booked later in 2021. If they go, I’ll be on them.

Last edited:
Has there been any published news about what new procedures and processes would look like on board for covid precautions? I'm talking about cabin occupancy, restaurant seating, elevator occupancy, walking in the hallways, changes at the buffets, shows, etc. Can they even run kids clubs anymore?? Just because you test negative for three days in a row prior to vacay, doesn't mean you can't catch it from someone on the way to embark and then develop symptoms mid-cruise.

I'm very tempted to book for April 2021 but am trying to wrap my head around if I would feel like safety measures were in place that both make sense and are reasonable (both for enjoyment and low transmission risk). I remember the pooh show that existed on certain cruise ships back in Feb/March of this year when ships that had a few infected people became containment hot spots. o_O
We haven’t been told anything about how the Club/Lab will run. I’m eager to know that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!