How do you feel sitting next to a stranger on a ride?

TripleB909

Earning My Ears
This past Disney trip before I had to cut it short because of the Hurricane but I swear some people either don't have emotions or they get upset because they don't want to sit next a stranger during a 1 or 2 minute ride. For example the Rock'n Roller Coaster very popular attraction and my favorite with Dinosaur coming in 2nd, You're supposed to have a good time on those rides and not worry about the person next to you. It's the whole point of a single rider line and they will not sit you by yourself even if you asked because the popularity of the attraction not even slow days or 20 minute waits. Loosen up a bit and show that you actually came to have fun and not emotionless human being. :jumping1:

I am always happy to do it because I know that's the way the cookie crumbles. BUT I definitely don't usually enjoy the ride as much as I do when I'm sitting next to my family members or by myself. I scream and laugh a lot on roller coasters and don't feel as uninhibited when I'm next to a stranger whose space and eardrums I am trying to respect.

I try to make small talk if I am "trapped in a ride" with a stranger.

Usually short things like, "Is this your first time riding this?" or a comment on their Celebration button.

But many people are already on their phone so I try not to be intrusive.

I have no trouble with it at all. The 3 of us always do the single rider line on Everest and Test Track so we're used to it. Sometimes the other people look at you kind of funny, especially on Test Track where I've sometimes been the 6th person with a group of 5 traveling together, but just go and have a good time. On Everest, it's no bid deal at all since there are only 2 of you.

Just rode FEA, the assigner put a single and a couple in row 1 and me and a couple in row 2. Both couples refused to get on the ride and you could see the eye roll the cast member wanted to give. There is a 40 minute wait get on the dang ride and make a new friend.

I've never had a problem riding with a stranger. I never thought it was a big deal. It's a ride. Sit back and have fun.

I go solo often so it doesn't bother me.

These are both me :) I guess I never really thought about it. It is nice when I get a car by myself like at Peter Pan or Snow White, but with single rider lines, its just the whole point, that you do have to sit with a stranger.

I largely don't have a problem with it. I've often travelled with a large group and got used to an uneven number of people wanting to ride each ride and sitting with a stranger. Not as fun as with my travel party, but it's rarely been unenjoyable. It's only a bummer when the single rider is totally not into (most recently I was sat next to a single rider who spent all of Expedition Everest on their phone. Kind of a mood killer.)

I don't mind at all, except rides like Haunted Mansion/Nemo/Mermaid, etc.
These are "intimate", so to speak. So I wouldn't feel comfortable with 1 or 2 strangers. Though, I would imagine since rides like those are constantly loading, you'd always get your own car if you wanted.

But the most unideal scenario is riding one of those with like a mom and her kid, or dad and kid with this stranger (me).
But, again, I think I've done these rides and got a car alone without asking.

But as far as other rides like any of the coasters, it doesn't bother me. Too fast to matter.
I don't make small talk (especially if they're kids) unless they talk to me first.

I have no issues with others riding with me. I must look child friendly though because when I would go skiing the parents always ask me if I mind riding in the chair with their child. (once the kid was 3.)In that situation I don't mind I just hope the child has no issues getting off the chair at the time. I once had a father while I was traveling to VA ask me if I would take his daughter in the bathroom at McDonalds. That was a bit odd but I guess the other option would have been him taking the child into the men's room.

I dont mind at all. My son is going through a 'Daddy daddy daddy' phase so I fully expect to sit with a stranger for my entire next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter