How do you make a deposit without a credit card? Check Card ok?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
My neice wants to go to Universal - she doesn't have a credit card. Can she make a deposit with a visa check card? Are there problems with doing this (especially since she is on a limited income)
She will probably stay at the Royal Pacific. She is 21.

I use my debit card to make the first nights deposit which is required. However, when we get to the front desk I always pay with cash or travelers checks. This reduces screw ups on charges . You can put extra cash on your room account if you want to charge things to your room but i find it a pain. Settle your account upfront and pay as you go.

The only problem you will find will be renting a car if neccessary. Most car rental companies will not rent to adults under the age of 25. And if they do it is at a premium.

IMOP

Kimberly

I used my debit card to make my deposit and didn't have any problems. This is my first time staying at a Universal property but I've used it at WDW and other resorts many times and have never had any trouble. I think as long as it has the mastercard or visa logo on it she should be fine. It's never been an issue for me to make the deposit or to pay the balance with it. Just make sure that the money is in the bank and available for use and she should be good to go! :)

I used my Visa debit card for the initial deposit. But i do not use it once i get there to check in because hotels sometimes "Pre-authorize" up to $500 on your card for onsite purchase billed to your room. They did this to us at the Atlantis in Paradise Island. Then that amount is unavailable for other purchases, even though it is not actually charged to your account. I didn't like this at all. So I will pay cash upon arrival and doubt i will use the " charging to the room" feature.

Can't wait!!!!!:smooth:

Thanks, I wondered about the details - if they put a hold on her account, well - I don't think she'd have a lot left over -
so it looks like :
1. she can make the deposit with the visa check card
2. she should prepay the hotel bill with traveler's checks upon arrival to the hotel
3. also refuse the "charging priviledges" feature of the room key.

will this take care of it?

They will only pull the deposit for the one night. No holds....

She will be just fine, based on your summary above.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter