• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you rate the Orlando FlexTicket?

Rate the Orlando FlexTicket

• It's an Orlando essential

• We usually buy it

• 50-50

• Use it occasionally

• Don't know it

Results are only viewable after voting.

SimonV

Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'
Here's a question for all you Orlando regulars. How do you rate the usefulness (or otherwise) of the Orlando FlexTicket? Is it a must-buy when you are in town, only a 50-50 deal or do you not even know about it? (if you're in the latter category, the FlexTicket provides 14 days of unlimited access to Universal's two parks, SeaWorld and Wet 'n Wild, plus, in the case of the 5-park version, Busch Gardens; all for less than the combined cost of single-day access to all of them). So here's a chance to Flex your voting muscles (groan!):

Hi Simon,

We 'usually do' but it depends on how long you're in Orlando for. We usually only manage 10 days so it's a bit of a downer to think that we're paying for 4 days that we can't use.

Also if you book DC then this includes a 7 day pass to Seaworld which is already included in your Flexticket too - one to watch out for!

if you're going to spend much time in those parks at all then I think it's a good buy. Last year we used it for 1 day in Universal, 1 in IOA and 2 in Seaworld and for only 4 days it still saved us money. This year we aren't going to visit Universal/IOA so we won't bother.

I have noticed around the office, that loads of people are booking Florida Holidays and getting this for their main ticket - it is such a good price that people are finding it hard to justify a long disney pass as well. More than 1 person has said to me, they would get the Flex pass and then just get a 4 day disney pass.

Bev

Simon, we always use the flex ticket as it gives us the flexibility to visit parks as and when we need/like. we might just do each park one properly, but the flex gives us the option to go back and finish off, where necessary.

Simon,

It's a "must have" as far as we are concerned - same as LOS / UMP passes.

We tend to park in the morning, hop out at luchtime / mid afternoon for a swim, freshen up and back to another park later in the day / evening.

It's the only way in our opinion - couldn't be doing a whole day in one park.

I've bought this in the past and thought it a really good option as it gives better value for money thasn the Disney passes, I can understand fully why many people use this as their main entertainment and take less time as Disney because of it. Because recently my visits to Orlando have been shorter than they used to be I haven't used this ticket for a few years but certainly for people staying 3 weeks or more it offers great value. If I was going to have a longer stay I would certainly take a serious look at this as one of my options.

We made very good use of the Flexi Pass last year, but this year we are going to DC and as Sue said a free 7 day pass to Seaworld is included. So we have decided to give Wet and Wild a miss and buy a 3 day universal pass instead.

Hi Simon :wave:

I rate the Orlando Flexticket as great value for money.

We have purchased them each time we have gone to Florida and had great use from them making them real good value, even though we have only once spent an hour in Wet N Wild!

I always recommend them to friends and here on the Dis!

:)

We had a 4 park Flex Ticket on our trip in October. We found it ideal, athough we never went to Wet 'n' Wild; just to IOA, USF & SW.

I'm not sure how I should vote on this one, as I do know about the pass, but I've never used it!

If I was intending to spend a lot of time in the non-Disney parks, then it would be great value, but for us Disney seems to take up all of our time in Orlando and we never get around to squeezing in more than the odd day in one of the Flex parks.

We usually spend one week in Orlando and one week elsewhere in Florida, but I'm sure that if we had longer in Orlando we'd get the Flex ticket.

We have never bought one. We didn't enjoy our day at Seaworld last year and we won't return there, and we also prefer the Disney water parks to Wet n'Wild. As a result there is little point in us spending money on a 14 day Flexticket when we could buy an annual pass to IoA/US instead. This is what we did last year (about $160 I think), and we will be able to use the same annual passes on our holiday this summer. Although this made our holiday last year quite expensive (we also bought WDW annual passes), spread over the cost of two holidays this is great value-for-money in my opinion.

Regards

Rob

I voted 'Don't know it'. I do know of its existence, but have never bought it, so I'm not conversant with the details. We've never visited Wet 'n' Wild - the only water parks we would consider visiting are the Disney ones. We like Sea World, but don't visit every trip and we've only visited Busch Gardens once.

Previously we'd bought 2 or 3 day Universal tickets pre IoA, and 3-day, 2-park post IoA. Last year we bought our first USF Annual Passes and I imagine we shall continue to do that. Staying onsite at HRH totally transformed our USF experience and I've a feeling this could become a permanent feature. :D

As with Hilary and Deb there wasn't an appropriate one to choose for me! I do know well of the ticket ,but don't buy one!

Well we considered the Flexiticket for this summer BUT we are intending to go to DC so will get a weeks pass to SW free with that. Also we will be going to BG in our third week when we are staying on the Gulf Coast so a 14 day ticket would not be any good to us there. So we opted for a 3 day US/IOA ticket instead.

Oh yes - it suits us as Shaun said. We all loe nothing more than ducking out of Sea World, IOA or US early afternoon and nipping into W&W to cool down. It's the flexibility that attracts us the most!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter