How does quick service dinner work at Be Our Guest

jjarman

DIS Veteran
I am going at Springbreak as a chaperone for a show choir. From what I have read of the paperwork it looks like we have the dining plan where you get breakfast and another meal, I assume a quick service. I see that Be Our Guest has quick service but can't tell from the menu what we could choose from.

I am going at Springbreak as a chaperone for a show choir. From what I have read of the paperwork it looks like we have the dining plan where you get breakfast and another meal, I assume a quick service. I see that Be Our Guest has quick service but can't tell from the menu what we could choose from.
Only breakfast and lunch are quick service at BoG. Dinner is table service.

Be our Guest is only quick service for breakfast & lunch. It is table service for dinner.

In other words there is no quick service dinner at Be Our Guest. So unless your meal plan covers table service meals you can not use it for BOG dinner. The Disney Dining Plans are not meal specific so you need to clarify if the deal for your group requires you to use it for specific meals and what the actual entitlements are for your package. Normally the dining plans offered are Quick Service which gives you 2 counter service type meals & 2 snacks per day. Regular Dining Plan is 1 Quick service and 1 Table service per day and a snack. Deluxe Dining is 3 meals of your choice unless you pick a signature restaurant, not sure if it is 1 or 2 snacks. They also all include a refillable beverage mug useable at resort Quick service locations. For school groups they may offer specialized deals that require use for a specific meal or counter service only. The particulars are decided on by whoever made the arrangements and may differ from the normal dining plan offerings. This is what you need to clarify with whoever made the arrangements with Disney.

Last edited:

From what I have been given there are 4 $10 meal cards for breakfast and 4 $15 meal cards for lunch or dinner. Since I have never gone with a group like this or as a chaperone I really don't know what we are doing. I am an obsessive planner so this is hard for me not to plan. I am working on it.

From what I have been given there are 4 $10 meal cards for breakfast and 4 $15 meal cards for lunch or dinner. Since I have never gone with a group like this or as a chaperone I really don't know what we are doing. I am an obsessive planner so this is hard for me not to plan. I am working on it.

That's not a Disney meal plan. Your group must have something worked out separately with Disney.

You'll need to watch what you order. There are a lot of choices (entree plus drink) that will be more than $15. Disney's website has all of the prices listed.

And remember, if you plan on eating a meal at BOG, you will need to obtain an ADR (unless your group has something worked out with Disney already).

I think that's something totally different to QDP - no meal cards with that. Probably best ask your organisers what is included.

It sounds to me that you basically have " vouchers - cards" - not any meal plan. You can use your cards to purchase food. With a meal plan you order what you desire from the included menu items regardless of cost. With your cars you have spending boundaries.

As the others have said though, BOG is a TS meal for dinner.

So it is a totally different thing than any of the normal Disney Dining Plans. I don't know the particulars of how the meal card (used to be vouchers) works. I know years ago during Disneyana Conventions we were given actual vouchers that we could use for certain meals & it didn't really matter what they cost so we didn't have to pay any additional money as long as we used them at the places they listed on them. There were only certain restaurants we could use them in. I think the school program is somewhat similar but without the actual details of what is or isn't included it's not possible for us to tell you what you can or can't use them on or where you can actually use them. I think in the past they were restricted to using strictly Counter Service locations for the school vouchers but they were allowed certain items as their meal no matter the total cost.

You need to find out from your planner what the particulars are. You need to know if they are actually specifically meal voucher cards or if they are really just Disney Gift cards for specific $10 & $15 amounts. If the meal cards are assigned $ amount unless they are actual Disney Gift cards who knows how you are required to use them. If in reality they are regular Disney Gift Cards for specific $ amounts you can use them where ever or however you wish. I'm attending an event where we are being given a $25 Disney gift card to use at the Food & Wine Festival booths but since it is a regular Disney Gift card I don't have to use it for Food & Wine, I could choose to use it to buy souvenirs or put the value towards a meal in a fancy restaurant. Other events I've attended we were given Disney gift cards for lunch but same thing, we could actually use them however we wanted.

If you want to eat at BOG for any meal be it Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner you will definitely need to make a reservation (ADR).

Thanks. I have no clue how these vouchers are going to work. But they have done this before so they know what they are doing.

As for me it is killing me not to be able to plan, lol.

I would book an ADR for the meal(s) you are interested in. You can always let them go later if you find out your vouchers won't work toward the meals and you don't want to pay out of pocket. But it's easier to get those ADRs as far in advance as possible and let them go if things don't work out than to try and get them at the last minute.

Thanks. I have no clue how these vouchers are going to work. But they have done this before so they know what they are doing.

As for me it is killing me not to be able to plan, lol.

Good Luck. Hopefully you will have more detailed info before you actually go but definitely if there are certain places you want to eat that require reservations make them as soon as you can. Make your plans if you want to, as already stated you can always cancel them if need be once you know how your vouchers are really going to work. And since only 2 meals each day seem to be covered by the vouchers you still have a third meal you can make your own plans for. Since you are chaperoning I don't know if you have any time to yourself or if you always need to be with the students so you will need to plan with their schedule in mind.

I would book an ADR for the meal(s) you are interested in. You can always let them go later if you find out your vouchers won't work toward the meals and you don't want to pay out of pocket. But it's easier to get those ADRs as far in advance as possible and let them go if things don't work out than to try and get them at the last minute.

I don't think I'll be able to make ADRs. I don't have any of the reservation information. But it's all good. It's only costing me $700 for 5 nights at Caribbean, 4 days in the parks plus the vouchers. And the wonderful bus ride, lol.

Not sure how much responsibility I'll have either as a chaperone. Lots of extra family members are going.

I don't think I'll be able to make ADRs. I don't have any of the reservation information. But it's all good. It's only costing me $700 for 5 nights at Caribbean, 4 days in the parks plus the vouchers. And the wonderful bus ride, lol.

Not sure how much responsibility I'll have either as a chaperone. Lots of extra family members are going.

Anyone can make reservations; you don't have to be staying on property. Just create a My Disney Experience account and make any reservation you want.

Anyone can make reservations; you don't have to be staying on property. Just create a My Disney Experience account and make any reservation you want.
And you can cancel just 24 hours before with no penalty or charge.

Anyone can make reservations 180 days in advance. As long as you know the dates you will be there you can make dining reservations for those dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter