How does your family tour the parks?

How does your family tour the Disney parks?

• Whole family generally stays togeher and experiences the park as a group.

• Family generally splits up and enjoys different parts of the park separately.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyKidds

<font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo
An interesting question recently came up. I was curious, how does your family typically enjoy the Disney parks.

Do you stay together and tour the various lands as a family? Does your family split up, with the adults in one place, teens in another, thrill seekers on their own, mom or dad alone with the young one's in Fantasyland?

What do you do, and why?

Because our DD doesn't like, or isn't tall enough for some rides, and I am a thrill ride fanatic, we end up splitting up at times, and use our cell phones to keep in touch. Last time we did this, DH took DD to the Little Mermaid show, and Muppet Vision 3 D, while I rode ToT over and over. Then we met up and all rode RnR.

Also, when I want to get into my pin trading, DH will take DD to other things, like Living Seas, which is not high on my list of things to do.

If DH wants to play golf, then I take DD to the MK, so we can get our fill of Fantasyland, etc.

The cell phones are a great way to keep in touch and plan meeting times.

We all like all the rides/attractions so we tend to stick together. There are a couple exceptions (Alien Encounter:rolleyes: which myself nor DGD8 doesn't want to see) and we'll go do something else while DD29 goes on that, but mostly we stick together.

I'm with Jennymouse.....we mostly stick together EXCEPT for Astro Orbitor, Dumbo, Alladin, Tea Cups, Carousel....anything that goes in circles makes DH sick....so I usually ride with the kids (ok, so they ride with ME ;) ) and he'll get us coffee, or lunch, or take photos....

I'm with the vast majority. We generally stick together as a family with the exception of rides where my 3 yr. old can't get on.

We mostly stuck together. The entire time we were together on our last trip -except for me riding ToT and Haunted Mansion by myself. (only because we normally did the parent switchover on rides the kids couldn't or didn't want to ride and these were ones my husband wasn't interested in doing).
I kinda felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation to be honest. That's why I'm going for another trip- this time SOLO! :)

DH and I tend to like the same things, once in awhile he will ride RnR Coaster and I just wait outside for him or go shopping while he rides...:)

This last trip we only saw our teenagers once a day for our main meal which we made them show up for and then again back at the hotel at night!

We also could have skipped getting them UPHs and got them APs to Disney Quest instead. They spent most of their time in there!!

We usually stick together. However this past trip, my DD had gone BMTRR crazy but my DS did not like BMTRR. So we ended up splitting up a few times for an hour or so. It kept everyone happy. We also used our cell phones to keep in touch.

Originally posted by clkelley
This last trip we only saw our teenagers once a day for our main meal which we made them show up for and then again back at the hotel at night!

We also could have skipped getting them UPHs and got them APs to Disney Quest instead. They spent most of their time in there!!

This is our story too. When DS was young we stayed together and and we avoid whatever someone didn't care to ride. Although I MADE them do COP and IASW.

Now DS and his friend go off and do their own thing and they meet us at a designated place and time.

We usually stay together about 75% of the time.

DD16 usually goes to a park by herself for part of at least one day.

Come on, you have to experience it with your whole family. It wouldn't be called a "family vacation" if your family split up and toured different sections of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter