How Early to get to LAX

lkohawaii

DIS Veteran
I'm going on the Disney Cruise this summer. We will get off the ship at about 8 and head up towards LAX. My original plan was to do curbside check in and then report back to the airport and go straight to the gate. My flight is at 2. Somebody told me it depends on how long it'll take me to get through securtiy etc. So, anyone familiar with LAX how long will it take me to get through security and get to my gate. I'm flying United if that makes a difference.
My other option was go straight to Santa Monica pier with my bags and then come back 2 hours in advance and do a "normal" check in.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Our daughter flies out of LAX quite often...give yourself a good two hours.

It really depends on several factors. I fly in and out of there about twice a month on Alaska Airlines and once I'm to the airport it takes me no longer then 10 minutes to get to the gate. But I've seen the lines at SW airlines (they are in Terminal 1) and sometimes the line stretches almost to Terminal 3!! YIKES - The drive to LAX can be long too depending on traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter