How far ahead booking for Aulani?

kimbodisney

Earning My Ears
I am hoping to take my son for his high school graduation present to Aulani. He graduates in May of 2022. Since I can only book 7 months out with my DVC points, will I be able to reserve something? I have no idea what Aulani is like in May or June with crowds or weather. Any experienced Aulani people out there that can give me insight? Thank you.

Booking Aulani at the 7 month window isn't that difficult. It somewhat depends on the size room and the month of travel.

June is a busy time, but I agree with PP that if you book right at the 7 month window, it shouldn't be an issue. Crowds are less of a factor at Aulani than they are at WDW because its a resort, rather than a theme park. Its a different ball game. But May/June is at the start of the summer travel season, which is peak season in Hawaii. Also, no matter the time of year, Aulani is busiest on weekends with local visitors who stay at and spend time at the resort. When planning off-site touring, its recommended to try and do that on Saturdays and Sundays both to avoid the busiest days at the resort, and also to avoid traffic.

If you want to get in for sure, you can buy a transfer of AULANI points from a fellow DVC Aulani owner that is looking to sell/transfer out their points for that use year. This way you can get 11month booking advantage and be able to lock in. If you are looking for certain categories, this maybe the way to go. If you are looking for say 1 bed ocean view (highest category) -it probably be available at 7months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter