How far in advance do you start packing?

We keep a lot of things we use only at Disney in our suitcases. Start throwing other things in them about 3 weeks out. Since we ship our luggage I have it all done a week before we leave. Shipping time is 3-4 business days so I have to get it done then. Sometimes I make a list of what I pack so I can remember what's in the suitcases.

I usually put things together and think of what I really want to bring about a week out, but nothing hits that suitcase until the day of. That was my plan in February and will be my plan this June.

I have to plan my vacation and I want to make sure nothing is forgotten so I pack for my 10 day vacation about 3 months before I am scheduled to go.

I have a box in my room I am already throwing things in. We don't leave for 10 weeks. But I just bought a bunch of sunscreen -> in the box. Etc.

Anytime we are going anywhere we pack our kids stuff a week or so in advance. This helps us make sure we have the outfits we want them to wear without scrambling to get laundry washed and folded right before leaving. For my wife and I, the day before is fine.

I know this is old but it pertains to any time and don’t want to start a new thread but we are 8 weeks out and I have the itch to start packing. I’m getting a bit nervous about what to pack since we will be there beginning of December and you never know how the weathers going to be!
We are also surprising our 9 year old so I have no idea where to store our luggage!

I think about what I'll pack weeks before, but I won't actually start the packing process until one or two days before leaving.
My husband is a total last minute packet. He'll start packing the night before and finish right before we leave the house. If we have a flight later in the day he won't pack until that morning. It drives me crazy, but I just let him live.

I think about what I'll pack weeks before, but I won't actually start the packing process until one or two days before leaving.
My husband is a total last minute packet. He'll start packing the night before and finish right before we leave the house. If we have a flight later in the day he won't pack until that morning. It drives me crazy, but I just let him live.
My husband does the same thing.

Are there many of you who ship your luggage ahead of time? Do the resorts frown upon having to hold your luggage until you come? Is it costly? Never thought of shipping stuff down before but it would be nice not to have to deal with luggage!

Are there many of you who ship your luggage ahead of time? Do the resorts frown upon having to hold your luggage until you come? Is it costly? Never thought of shipping stuff down before but it would be nice not to have to deal with luggage!
They have the prime now where you order stuff off amazon and and it comes 2 hours later. You can always do that unless you have specific stuff that you already have at home that needs to be shipped. I can’t see them minding since it probably happens so much

There are some things that basically remain packed, like a stocked meds/first aid kit, plastic silverware, ziplock bags, etc. I have some clothes that I only wear on vacation, so I usually pack those a week or two out. Then there are always the last minute things like my toothbrush that go in morning of.

We leave in 28 days and I am 80% packed....in my defense, I travel a lot for work so I have a travel version of everything (hairdryer, makeup, etc). All my travel version are packed, when I switched the closets from summer to winter I pulled out all the stuff I wanted to take since we won't need those things here for a long while. Now, it's just waiting on the few winter pieces I'm taking and a few custom shirts I ordered....I always pack and plan like this, but somehow forgot my DS underwear last time we went....he became the proud owner of some very expensive undies from the resort gift shop!

We have 3 weeks to go and I'm already getting antsy to start packing! Just curious when everyone else starts packing so I know if I'm totally crazy or not :)
Not crazy! I have a list before that! Things I won't need before the trip start getting set aside in the weeks before. Actual thorough packing, usually around1-2 days before.

We leave in 28 days and I am 80% packed....in my defense, I travel a lot for work so I have a travel version of everything (hairdryer, makeup, etc). All my travel version are packed, when I switched the closets from summer to winter I pulled out all the stuff I wanted to take since we won't need those things here for a long while. Now, it's just waiting on the few winter pieces I'm taking and a few custom shirts I ordered....I always pack and plan like this, but somehow forgot my DS underwear last time we went....he became the proud owner of some very expensive undies from the resort gift shop!
I go in 30 days and all of our summer stuff is packed. Just need to add the colder weather clothes. I put each days of clothes in individual ziplock bags and label which day. Makes it so much easier for me.

Depends on the trip. Our first trip, we flew but since my parents were driving (and pulling a trailer - my sister lives down there and was getting married so they were taking her all the junk she'd left at their house when she moved), we sent our luggage with them. So, we had to get them our stuff a week before we left because of our school/work schedules. So, well in advance on that trip. Our last two trips were surprises so I packed the day of, while the kids were at school, although I hid some things in advance. Our next trip I'll probably pack a couple of days in advance, after DH goes back to work from his Christmas break since he doesn't get to go with us - I don't want to rub it in.

If I can get packed the day before I leave, I feel that I have accomplished a lot. This is on ANY trip, not just Disney. I usually am still throwing things in the luggage the day of. The fact that I always drive everywhere does make it a little more flexible for me.

I've started packing at 11 at night when I had a flight scheduled for 7 in the morning...Normally I would like to be mostly packed about 2 days before my trip, but I would be making a mental checklist of what I needed a few weeks before and pick them up when I'm at the store. But when I was younger, I remember my parents packing for the family about a week in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!