How far in advance should I book?

DavidOH

Mouseketeer
I am looking at taking a cruise during my childrens Winter Vacation Presidents Day Week in Feb 2004. How far in advance should I book? and what discounts or upgrades can I expect to get?

My children will be DD 7 and DS 5. Would we be better off with a 3,4 or 7 day cruise. We have been to WDW several times so time in the park is not critical.

Thanks for the help

David, early booking savings can be real....

Go to any site, Travelocity.com works good for this, and compare Feb.2003 rates right now, to Feb.2004 rates this far in advance!

PS: I would go for at LEAST a four nite. Just by looking at sample Navigators, there is just so much to offer on these cruises that a three night doesn't begin to be enough time! And, sometimes the 4night is only a little bit more in cost.

Well first off, if money is no object than take the 7 day cruise. You are planning on traveling during a busy time for DCL and the 7 day cruise ( a western) for President's Week 2004 is already pricing approx $400 per adult more than other Feb 2004 cruises. The 4 night cruise is pricing approx $200 more per adult than the other Feb 2004 cruises. If that is the week you're interested in, than book now. DCL's prices almost always go up, and if they aren't up they stay the same. DCL has almost never offered last minute specials, and for a holiday week, I doubt they will have to. DCL's prices are very high during school vacations, and that happens to be one of the weeks. Living in NJ, we get the break of getting the first week in November off, so we can cruise during a relatively slow and cheep time. Just to give you some numbers the 7 day for President's week will run you between $7400(cat 4) - $4900(cat 11). The 4 night will run you for the same week $4300(cat4) - $3000(cat 11). Those quotes both include transfers and insurance, so if you decide you don't want either/both of them, it would lower your quote. I took the 4 night last month and we combined it with a trip to visit family. I wouldn't take a 4 night alone, without either going to WDW or visiting family. It was just too short to be a vacation in itself. We are booked on the 7 night Eastern for next November and can't wait!!! I got these quotes based on using either a Feb 14th departure for the 7 night and a Feb 15th departure for the 4 night, since PResidents Day would be Feb 16th, and you stated President's Week. I hope this is helpful and you decide what you want to do soon!!!!

Just to elaborate on Wishing on a star's point, the 7 night for President's week 2003 is pricing out at $9100 (cat 4) - $5900 (cat 11).

I just booked our cruise for the February 8. 2004 sailing on the Wonder (4 day cruise). I booked a category 6 for 2 adults and one child.

We are planning on arriving late Friday night or Saturday morning and do something on Saturday and after our trip go to Sea World and Universal Studios. We plan on flying back on Sunday.

DavidOH,
We just booked a 4 day for Feb 22,2004. We booked catagory 6 with verandah. Just my wife and I are going. We originally planned on going during Presidents week(wife is teacher), but it was a lot less $$ to go 1 week later.
If you kids are that young(5+7) it shouldn't be that much of a problem for them to miss a few days of school at that age.You will be amazed at the price difference for going 1 week later.;)

We are already booked for March of '04. We booked 16 months early for this one and 19 months in advance for my last trip. The last one had increased about $1900 for my family between when I booked with early booking savings vs. had we booked in the few months prior to sailing. Get thee to thee travel agent now!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter