How far in advance to book/rent?

ShirleyFamVacation

Earning My Ears
We’re new to renting DVC points but was hoping to get an understanding of when rooms open up to be rented. We live in California and love to stay at the Grand Californian! How far in advance can we rent points from other DVC members to book a trip. Just tried (with no luck) to book something in January 2020, so now we’re looking at September 2020. When would I be able to rent points to make a reservation for that timeframe? Any insight/assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Laura

We’re new to renting DVC points but was hoping to get an understanding of when rooms open up to be rented. We live in California and love to stay at the Grand Californian! How far in advance can we rent points from other DVC members to book a trip. Just tried (with no luck) to book something in January 2020, so now we’re looking at September 2020. When would I be able to rent points to make a reservation for that timeframe? Any insight/assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Laura
Member have an 11-month home resort booking window. You would need to find a VGC owner who can book for you and there has to be villas available for your dates. VGC is relatively small in comparison to other DVC resorts. That means a) fewer villas and b) a very small number of owners. It’s not impossible but you should start lining one up immediately.

Thank you! And if I was buying points from a non-home resort member, how far in advance would those points open up for Grand Californian?

Thank you! And if I was buying points from a non-home resort member, how far in advance would those points open up for Grand Californian?
7 months. But your chances of actually booking VGC from a non-owner are pretty slim, especially if you are looking for a studio.

When would I be able to rent points to make a reservation for that timeframe? Any insight/assistance would be greatly appreciated!
11 months would be idea, so that would be now if looking at september 2020. The tough part is that there might not be owners available from VGC who will rent points. If you were to wait until the 7 month mark any member could book, but your odds of getting a room are very slim and a definite no on getting a studio- those are rarely available.

11 months would be idea, so that would be now if looking at september 2020. The tough part is that there might not be owners available from VGC who will rent points. If you were to wait until the 7 month mark any member could book, but your odds of getting a room are very slim and a definite no on getting a studio- those are rarely available.
Thank you! Super helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!