How far in advance to get the best flight deals??

Wow, that's incredible! We booked at the beginning of this month for October from Vancouver (Oct 24 to Nov 3) family of 4 and we are paying $1700CAD and I thought that was fantastic!

Wow, that's right around when we will be there; we fly down Oct. 23 and return on Nov. 8. What airline are you flying? We are going with United. $1700 is pretty good for 4 flights too!

Wow, that's right around when we will be there; we fly down Oct. 23 and return on Nov. 8. What airline are you flying? We are going with United. $1700 is pretty good for 4 flights too!

We actually booked 2 one-way flights, it ended up being far cheaper (for us) that way. United to Orlando, American Airlines back home to Vancouver. We do have one restriction and that is we are leaving the day we get off the Disney Fantasy (doing WDW first) so we could not fly out of Orlando before 12 noon. If we could have flown earlier it would be have been a bit cheaper even I think (or we actually could have gotten a direct flight home with Westjet!!!)

I've found that booking either really early, or really late, gives you the best deal. Book early, and run the risk of needing to change things. Book late, and maybe not enough seats. We got direct flights from Winnipeg to MCO on Westjet a couple of years ago, booking 3 weeks in advance - $400 each, which was a great deal.

Our dates are pretty carved in stone now so I'm not too concerned with dates changing.
I've found cheapest flights so far for $417 each. So basically my daughter and I would fly for $834.00 tax and fees included. We would just pay for our bags.

Flying from YHZ - good price? or will I likely see better before October?

ASAP - the day the bookings are announced.
Also when booking your flights, don't necessarily look for return flights. We booked ours as two separate one way flights in order to get the times we desired. We are flying down Delta with seats already assigned (operated by West Jet) and Air Canada return.

Also when booking your flights, don't necessarily look for return flights. We booked ours as two separate one way flights in order to get the times we desired. We are flying down Delta with seats already assigned (operated by West Jet) and Air Canada return.

This is what I"m wondering since some airlines such as Air Canada, release tickets one day at a time. So it it better to book the day that they release your flight going there and then wait the week until your return shows? Also depends on the airline as they all release at different days.

My daughter and I decided to go to WDW this year (Okay so it didn't take much convincing!) because we got such a good deal on the flights! Flight from Ottawa to MCO with a stop in Detroit for $263 each. Booked in February for November on Delta. Last year we paid $500 per person to go, so this was crazy good.

I found Delta flights for a pretty good price from YHZ to MCO with connection in BOS.
But was going to ask opinions on Delta? Never flown with them before?

I found Delta flights for a pretty good price from YHZ to MCO with connection in BOS.
But was going to ask opinions on Delta? Never flown with them before?

We have flown Delta many times, always direct, from DTW to LAX and DTW to MCO. I personally love flying Delta. We've never had a delay or any problems with them.

My daughter and I decided to go to WDW this year (Okay so it didn't take much convincing!) because we got such a good deal on the flights! Flight from Ottawa to MCO with a stop in Detroit for $263 each. Booked in February for November on Delta. Last year we paid $500 per person to go, so this was crazy good.
That is a good price. I found 378.00 each but this is from Halifax with a stop in Boston.

If booking a flight with stoos, what is the minimum time you leave inbetween connectionsc? These flight are cheaoch but often they have 1hr or kess, which seems riskt if ant delays on first flight.

The one I'm looking at has a 1 hour 53 min layover in BOS.
Since we won't have to clear customs I would think this would be ok.

Just the other day, direct non stop return flights from ottawa to mco for november were as low as 231 canadian for example,the dates I used, nov16-23 .I just checked again just now and still good at 251 return canadian with westjet.One stop is probably even less.tried talking my wife into it,but even with the great prices,she says she's had enough of disney ,at least not this year.

I'd love direct from Halifax but for our dates, the only option is like 300.00 more than the 1 stop flights. I just can't justify it.
The times are still good. (even with the stop).
Don't have to leave super early (noon) and still get in before it's too late (6:30pm).
So, still time to hit Disney Springs to activate our park passes!

Our dates are pretty carved in stone now so I'm not too concerned with dates changing.
I've found cheapest flights so far for $417 each. So basically my daughter and I would fly for $834.00 tax and fees included. We would just pay for our bags.

Flying from YHZ - good price? or will I likely see better before October?

Anything under $500 from YHZ is pretty good. We booked in June for April and got direct both ways for $340. That was the best we have gotten in many years. We still have bag fees to pay.

Just the other day, direct non stop return flights from ottawa to mco for november were as low as 231 canadian for example,the dates I used, nov16-23 .I just checked again just now and still good at 251 return canadian with westjet.One stop is probably even less.tried talking my wife into it,but even with the great prices,she says she's had enough of disney ,at least not this year.
I tried talking my daughter into changing our dates from Nov. 6th but then realized that 1) no food and wine and 2) it would put us over American Thanksgiving. Didn't seem worth it in the end. But that is an awesome price for direct flights! And the timing was good too. It is so hard to find flights that don't leave Orlando at 6:00 am. Ours on the 14th don't leave until 3:55 so YAY! :)

I’m looking at flights ONE WAY from Quebec City to Orlando end of October and it’s about $295 (not including a checked bag). There are a few closer to $250 but they’re long connections. With what some of you are quoting I wonder if this is a lot for ONE WAY but there isn’t anything cheaper. I’ve also looked from Montreal as may be able to move things around and fly from there but it’s similar price.

There really isn't a best time. You'll have greater selection the earlier you book but not necessarily the best prices. In fact, if you're going during a low period, you may get better prices the longer you wait. Airlines drop their prices to fill the seats.

We are also going from Ottawa to WDW this November! Didn't get a deal like yours though:( Nov 9-19.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!