How Good Is Your Giftwrapping?

If I have the time, I can do a pretty good Martha imitation. But, lately I've been too busy to try. So far, none of my packages have ribbons or bows this year. I might add that to a couple at the last minute.

For those who just want to do a nice job. You've gotta buy the right paper. None of that cheap thin crap that tears. There are also some metallic papers that do not fold well. Lines on the back help you measure how much you need and cut it just right. Don't try to wrap oddly shaped packages or soft packages, put them in boxes. If you have big packages, make sure you buy the wide rolls. and when you fold at the corners, crease them, so it holds the shape. And work on a table or island where you can stand and have plenty of space. I've tried to wrap in my bedroom (hiding from kids), and working on a bed or the floor is difficult, lol.

While Hobby Lobby can be pricey for a lot of things, the paper is nice, and they have pretty/reasonable embellishments you can buy. The sticker price is high, but when you take the 50% off (I've never seen it NOT on sale), it ends up being a good price. The rolls are huge. And you can coordinate colors and styles.

Compared to the general public I do a passable job. My mom was so good the paper came out and did a full page write-up with pictures about her packages. Then my brother married an artist and her packages were a work of art.

My wrapping used to be decent - very clean and efficient but with cheap fake bows attached. In the past few years I've started getting nicer ribbons and spending more time on adding the ribbons to make everything look a little fancier. So I'd guess I'm maybe working toward a B+ level? I mean, I'm no martha stewart, but when we go to all the white elephant Christmas parties I feel good about how my gifts look. It's fun - I'm kinda bummed about how it's so much more accepted to give cash and gift cards these days because they're not fun to wrap, now that I'm starting to have time to learn how to wrap nicely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!