How hard is it to get VWL at 7 months?

DizGirl20

DIS Veteran
I can imagine it is tough to get VWL during the holiday season, but is there any other time of year that it is tough to get a reservation? Thanks!

What I have found tracking the 7 month window is that VWL is usually open anytime from the Tuesday after Marathon weekend in Jan through the end of Sep, including any holidays during that period. End of Sep through Marathon weekend is DVC's highest demand quarter and VWL is very difficult from just before Thanksgiving through mid-Dec and Dec 23 to Jan 2, not hard the third week of Dec or the week before the week Thanksgiving is in, and can be difficult for some two to three days a week during other times in that quarter but often open if looking for a 1BR. What can be very important when it is available is to make the reservation exactly 7 months out because waiting a few days beyond the 7 month window can often make the difference in getting it or not.

We had a studio at VWL for 2/18-20 of this year; got it with no problems. From the people we were talking to from the east coast, that week was a week-long break for MANY schools, and it was moving towards the Princess Half, so it wasn't a low volume time. But still, got it no problem.

I got a 1br at VWL for Thanksgiving week this year. I was online first thing at 7 months. I had a couple days not available so I waitlisted the whole week and the waitlist came through within a few days to a week. So excited to be staying there for the first time during the holidays. :goodvibes

After what seems like an eternity trying we finally got VWL for our early november trip. We could only get four nights and didn't waitlist because we had booked two separate rooms. The rest of our trip we will spend at our beloved "home" SSR. We are beyond thrilled. Good luck with getting what you want. pixiedust:

I am waitlisted for 11/21 & 11/22! Fingers crossed! It's our home resort and we have only stayed there once because we always book late. :-/

I got in there for the end of October. Wasn't too hard. It was filling up, but not immediately.

We got 10 nights in - studio in February (including Princess Half Weekend) at the 7 month mark with no problem :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter