how have peoples 7th month booking been working out?

I've been staking out BLT TPV for 7 months booking for 6/25-6/29 and was so bummed that the 25th is no longer available since last week. I'm thinking it may be due to a lot of rescheduling from Hurricane Irma. My plan is that I will be able to book the remaining days and book LV for the 25th and waitlist for the TPV for the missing night. I currently have my home resort of Poly booked for those days so I have somewhere to stay. Crossing my fingers!

Only 1 night, but I changed from VWL to CCV for one night before my Girlfriend cruise in April.

Just switched for next April to BLT 2B but couldn't get Standard, had to take Lake view.

I had a 2br BCV booked for a week (marathon weekend). At 7 months I was able to change 5 nights to BLT 2 br - but kept BCV for the weekend as BLT had no availability.

Just switched for next April to BLT 2B but couldn't get Standard, had to take Lake view.
Standard View BLT any category seems the most difficult on property after AKV concierge and value and VGF studios.

It's harder for the studios and smaller categories (like BWV Standard or AKV Value) and more so for certain times of year (mid-September through mid-January and any time there is a runDisney event). That time of year should be OK for any but the most limited categories.

Yes, a bit of a wake up call once more DVC resorts were opened. realized if I didn't book a studio @ BWV standard or AKV value ASAP even for less popular DVC times, we were surely out of luck once the 7 month window hit

Do think the bigger rental market has made the summer dates more popular

Standard View BLT any category seems the most difficult on property after AKV concierge and value and VGF studios.

Perhaps, but have been shut out of the two categories @ 11 months i mentioned above. Now try to horde points so i can walk them. Ridiculous, but it is what it is.

At the last minute, we decided to go to WDW for Spring Break in March 2018 as an early celebration of DD's 16th bday. Her favorite resort is WL but we are owners at BWV and OKW. I was surprised when I logged on at a bit less than the 7 month mark that we could get a WL studio.

Do think the bigger rental market has made the summer dates more popular

Absolutely.

And I truly believe it has really affected studio inventory. I would bet that a high percentage of the bookings at places like David's are studios. DVC's change to five in a studio changed so much. People are looking for a bargain, as much as space. I think people often buy DVC for larger units, but many rent them for any kind of bargain. If you scan some of the "reservations wanted" on other sites, the absolute majority are looking for studios.

I chickened out and took a transfer of VGC points for a Nov trip. However, the days were available at 7-month mark for a 2-bedroom unit. I'm a glutton for punishment, so I checked when I got up that morning. They went pretty quickly after that, but you can get a 2-bedroom at VGC IN November at 7 months...at least this year you could.

Good, we wanted to stay at CCV for the Star Wars half marathon, unfortunately we could only get 3 of 5 nights, we were however able to get a BLT lake view studio for the other 2 nights, so we will have a split stay at two new-to-us DVC resorts!

Just booked at my 7 month window for 13 days at BLT Lake view with no problem. (Home resort BWV and OKW.) I had several trips prior to this that all ended up at Saratoga Springs.

Right, if you want to stay during the Fall to Christmas time frame it sounds like you must own a DVC at Disney World and be prepared to stay where you own at. I am contemplating a purchase between Hilton Head and Animal Kingdom Lodge now, with this being a good reason why. Very slim chance I would get a reservation at the AKL in December with a ownership at Hilton Head. But I am still stuck completely in the middle with my decision on which one. Guess I wait to see just how the dues pan out for next year.

We own at both. When do you plan to travel to HHI? If you plan to travel to HHI at any time NOT in the summer (Jun/Jul/Aug), AND you are OK with using enough points for a 2BR, I would say that you are better off buying at AKV and trying to use those points at HHI. This way, you will have home-resort advantage at WDW during that peak time.

OTOH, you should consider that there is only ONE resort at HHI for DVC. A lot of people buy their points at HHI specifically to stay there because you cannot book a DVC backup. At WDW, you can (almost) always book your home resort at 11 months and then see what else may be available at 7 months. You cannot do that with HHI...if there's no availability at 7 months, your entire vacation will depend on a successful waitlist, which will almost always mean a cancellation occurred. So if you plan to vacation there regularly (or over the summer), you really should consider owning points there as well. If you want a studio or 1BR at HHI, be aware that there is only 21 of each of them in the entire resort. There are also 5 grand villas and 76 dedicated 2BR's.

My 7 month is Friday. Trying for a studio at BCV. We own BWV and the standard view is booked already for the night we need. Hopefully BCV is still available on Friday.

pixiedust:
My 7 month is Friday. Trying for a studio at BCV. We own BWV and the standard view is booked already for the night we need. Hopefully BCV is still available on Friday.
I hope you get it! We own at BCV, and will be there then, May, right? Flower and Garden is why we’ll be there!

I was able to get BWV (studio) right at 7 months for the first week of this upcoming March. But, I think that is an easier week to get than some others. I could not get standard view, got pool view. Tried to get BWV at 7 months for this November and couldn't get anything. We do own at BWV and used points booked there at 11 month window for part of our stay and are doing a split at AKV for the rest of it. The year after next our kids will be in college, so it may prove more difficult for us because we will want to book a more popular week in March.

I was able to get standard view Poly for the weekend of 5/3-5/6/18 for a girls trip with my DD 10, her BFF and BFFs mom (also one of my BFFs!). Wanted to try BCV studio but those were long gone. Hoping to try for CCV 1BR for late June or first week of July. Gotta firm up dates with the family!

Sending pixie dust to everyone!

pixiedust:
I hope you get it! We own at BCV, and will be there then, May, right? Flower and Garden is why we’ll be there!
Yes May 13. We've stayed BWV twice and that's where our September trip will start so want to try BCV. Figured May is a good time for that pool! If we don't get it will probably try for Copper Creek.

Last week, I booked a week at Bay Lake in May with no problem. Booked one bedroom with Lake View. Lake View and Magic Kingdom view had plenty of availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter