how have peoples 7th month booking been working out?

Was able to get BWV - Pool/Garden studio for 1st week of May right at the 7 mt window. 3 days later it wasn't available.

We had booked a standard studio at BLT for DS at 11 months. DH and I were prepared to do split stay wherever. At 7 months, I got the 5 nights standard studio. A few later , more days popped up. The Saturday night seemed to always to booked. I didn't have enough BLT to book a lake view and it was outside the 7 month window. But MS said I could wait list the last day as a standard room. A day or two later I noticed the standard Saturday was open. I called MS, she said it was already grabbed, not assigned to me yet. But because it counted as a separate reservation, She had to use BLT points. I had enough points for the standard, but not the lake view. So it was booked with BLT points, but when it was linked to the other days, It now fell under the 7 month window and she was able to reallocate the points to use SSR.

So it took a week of checking about 10 times a day, but we got 9 days at BLT in a standard studio.

Anyone have any insight on the availability of 1 bedrooms (any view) at BoardWalk during the fall at 7 months? I know studios are basically out of the question. Hoping to switch our late Oct AKV to BW.

My 7 month mark fell on thanksgiving day. I had a 2BR BRV booked but wanted to switch to BLT. This is my DD sweet 16 trip with friends and thought travel convenience to parks, 3 bathrooms combined with DD 1st choice a brainer!
Being the great AP rate I wanted a few more trips but I am point stripped.
I decided to buy the one time 24 points but I couldn’t call on thanksgiving day to boook and had to wait.
Turned out no problem.
So I booked BLT 2. Br dedicated lake view just like I wanted!
Now some points for a food and wine trip in fall! Then new points in April for a 3rd trip Easter break.

For me my 7 months has always worked out.
Including my summer trip of GCV and Aulani
Kerri

Husbands birthday is June 30 so headed down June 30-July 6. Told him it may be difficult being a holiday week to get whay he wanted. Ended up with 4 days at VGF in standard studio which is what he really wanted. I was very happy with that! Our last 2 night's are at at a standard studio at Boardwalk. Works great since July 4 we plan on Epcot so can walk home after fireworks. We love our home resort (poly) but wanted to try the grand since this will be an adult trip.

We also got a standard studio at hilton head for this past june 2017. Are headed there the first week of January 2018 as well. We are always open and flexible with resorts so are rarely disappointed.

Causes are probably several including those you mention. I have not seen BWV standard studios disappear at 11 months out during the low to moderate 8 1/2 month season, but AKV value studios do quite a bit. The 11 month window (and 7) for the high season at WDW has really changed significantly in the last three years. Three years ago the inability to get something like BLT standard or BWV standard or boardwalk view studios at 11 months out was more of a fairly minor issue with only certain periods like early Dec being a real problem. You now have that risk for much of the high season.

In fact, if your typical time to go is October, the October use year has become somewhat of a liability rather than a plus for such rooms at 11 months out. That is because many are walking, starting in last week of September to get times for Columbus day weekend and the two weeks thereafter. Someone with an Oct use year cannot really start walking in Sep because he cannot use, for example, Oct 2017 points to reserve any time in Sep 2017 without first borrowing, so to use those points for walking, you have to start with an Oct 1, 2017 reservation, and Oct 1 and some days after can be gone before 11 months out, reserved by those starting reservations in Sep (in fact I actually saw that happen at 11 months out for this year, and then Oct 1, 2, 3, and 4 opened up again a little later but Oct 5 and after did not for Columbus Day time)
Very new at this but what does it mean "walking" I have seen this used in several posts.

Very new at this but what does it mean "walking" I have seen this used in several posts.
Book your room for before you want it, then call back, cancel the first day and add the last each day (or couple) until you hit your intended booking period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!