How hot is it in September?

CoyoteGum

Earning My Ears
So, I'd be going in September. How hot does it get? I actually physically cannot sweat so I go down really fast in the heat. Is it something I should be worried about?

Dec, Jan, Feb is ideal in my opinion. Towards the end of March it tends to heat up but fronts still come through with cooler days here and there.

Hotter then hot and humid. I will rain every day and afterwards it will not cool off. I'm from Georgia where it is hotter than hot and humid and even I have to change clothes mid day in Sept. at WDW.

I sadly can't pick another time of year because i'm tagging along with my parents but that's good to know. I can handle humidity, I live in Louisiana but dry heat is much worse. Thanks for replying^^

This is coming from someone that goes ( because of school schedules) beginning to mid July every year - would never go in August again - it's oppressive !

Disgustingly hot, we were there end of Sept beginning of Oct. Drenched in sweat and had to do laundry every day

I sadly can't pick another time of year because i'm tagging along with my parents but that's good to know. I can handle humidity, I live in Louisiana but dry heat is much worse. Thanks for replying^^

Orlando is just slightly warmer temperature-wise than New Orleans. However, the humidity in Orlando feels thicker due to the daily afternoon thunderstorms. I actually gets hotter after the thunderstorms hit. It’s easier if you can do the parks during the morning/evening and hide indoors during the hottest parts of the day.

If you can't change dates, I would recommend starting as early as possible - pre park opening breakfast maybe? - and going to the pool in the afternoon when it starts to get hot. Then back to the parks once the sun starts going down. Also remember the restaurants can give you ice water anytime. Also get yourself a list of air conditioned attractions you can retreat to if needed.

We went in September 2016. It was miserably hot. Felt gross all the time. Maybe buy one of those battery operated fans in advance of your trip. We didn’t buy one but there were times I would have broke down and bought a Disney one if only a merchant cart was around.

We were there one time in september with was very hot. Parks were jammed packed and nowhere to cool down. went back to resort for pool time... We now go in December..

Be sure to take a midday break to recharge. When you go back to the parks you will feel sorry for all of those poor souls that didn't take a break and are dragging. The good news is it gets darker a little earlier so once the sun goes down it isn't too hot. Morning and evening are your friends.

We had some really lovely days in late September last year (high 80s, low humidity), but that's not the norm. It was wonderful, though.

I live in south Florida and all I will say is September is our worst month! The heat from the entire summer seems to accumulate and then the humidity is horrible and storms come in as well as rain showers! (Storms refers to tropical stuff even if not a hurricane you can still get a ton of rain from a tropical storm) Your better going late oct onward the weather is 100% better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!