How important is a golf cart for viewing Christmas Lights at Fort Wilderness?

WelcomeHome

Mouseketeer
Since we're staying at a cabin, I believe we're allowed 1 car outside our cabin BUT I see many sites using these optional Disney golf carts to get around. Keep in mind our group includes 2 grand parents in their 60's AND a 5 year old girl!!!!

We're going for New Years Eve 2018 and we certainly want to go throughout the entire campsite to see all the holiday lights and decorations. Is a golf cart the way to go or is it equally fun to just use my car?????

Thank so much for any comments or assistance.

Best wishes,
David

A golf cart! It is frowned upon to drive a car around thru the loops. The golf cart is more fun also. Reserve ASAP.

Welcome Welcome to the boards and the most fun forum around. @Goofycampers is right traveling by car other than to your site/cabin is frowned upon. A golf cart is far more practical and for around the CG more fun. The CG has extremely limited and restrictive parking for cars but plenty for golf carts My suggestion a GC will be well worth it for you. more so when you take into consideration the Grandparents and 5 yr old

We have never gotten a golf cart. My family of 4 has walked through the loops to view the lights many times. If you enjoy a stroll, even with kids, a cart is not a necessity.

I vote for the cart, even though it's pretty expensive it will without a doubt be the best way to view the lights and get around. If so, you need to go ahead and reserve it now as they typically get reserved pretty far in advance.

I just called member services and after a cast member told me "that's a very good question," I waited on hold for a few minutes until we received a reply from a manager authorized to answer! The official answer is that I can place a small tent on the porch of my cabin provided no steaks are used to secure the tent which is absolutely fine with me!!!!

And thank you for the responses regarding a golf cart - I'm calling to see if I can get one today!!!

Best wishes,
David

I vote for the cart, even though it's pretty expensive it will without a doubt be the best way to view the lights and get around. If so, you need to go ahead and reserve it now as they typically get reserved pretty far in advance.
Added bonus you with the right cart get to attempt new DISNEY speed record?

We decided to get a golf cart today so we can really explore the Fort. Hubby's bad knees and new hip limit how much he can walk and me....I'm just too out of shape. Pretty sure we'll be lining to buy a used one when we get back to New Port Richey....it'll come in handy going back and forth to the pool.

Ha, ha! We have a new (used) cart and DH can't wait to check the speed on the sign. I think it's going to be the highlight of his trip since this one sure as heck has more pep than the last.

To piggy back on this thread, how late do people typically leave their lights on in the evening? If we were to spend a day in the park, would we need to plan to return to the campgrounds early to see decorations?

i hate to admit that I spend lots of money on a trip just to ride a golf cart but is one of our family's favorite WDW things to do. Early morning looping with a cup of coffee, zooming to bus stops or boat, early evening looping or late night looping with a glass of wine. It's all good. We arrive on the 18th and can't wait to pick up the cart!

You don't need a cart (we've never gotten one) but it does make things much easier. We've looked at the lights on foot and in our car and have never had any problems. I do think a cart would be significantly better than a car since you can stop easily.

As far as how late people leave the lights on, from my observations, many leave them on overnight although there are some that turn them off (whether it's at a certain time or because they aren't around, I'm not sure). We've gone looking at them after park closing many times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter