How important is it...

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
We are getting closer to our September trip. We are staying at AllStar Movies preferred room.

1- I want to be close to transportation.

I see where some people like 1st floor and some like 3rd. Is 3rd because it’s more quiet?

Is 1 and 2 that noisy?

There are stairs at both ends and in the middle right?

Trying to figure out if we want to asked for 3rd or try for 1st.

We had a 2nd floor room at CBR and I HATED our location. It was in the “middle of the floor” and the two staircases were both way around to the back ends ( left and right) so we had to walk practically around the building to the stairs and then zig-zag around to our rooms. Not laid out well.

Most people that like the 3rd floor over the 1st is because there is less foot traffic in front of their room and yes I guess it would be quieter. We have stayed at all levels and never had any issues with outside noise. If you do not want to deal with stairs then request a ground floor.
BTW, we stayed at CBR and all buildings have 3 sets of stairs, one on each end and one in the middle, example below. Also, check out touringplans to see the building layouts with stairs. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels

I prefer top floor yes, because it's quieter. It's also a little more exercise every day. I eat a lot when at WDW, so anything I can do to burn off the calories I'm gonna do lol.

I like the layout of the values much better than CBR or CSR. The stairs are easy to see. When we stayed at CSR we had the same issue as you, it took us forever to find the stairs. And where most resorts the stairs to the third floor are right by the stairs to the second floor, not so in the building we stayed at in the Ranchos section. So we got up the first flight and didn't know where to go. POFQ has a lot of stairs for each building, there were three different places we could go up our last trip, and it was still easy to find our room.

I like the top floor because I am a light sleeper and I swear I have had some people who stomp around above me and bother me when I am trying to sleep. Either that or a herd of elephants was above me.

I prefer the top floor so I do not have anyone, and the younger kids who tend to run back and forth, above me. However, I have stayed at the All Star resort three times and have had a room on all three floor. Either I was lucky or the place is built well as I did not have any issues with each of the rooms.

Ive never stayed at an all star, but I preferred 3 fl at the Poly for a balcony and better view....until I just stayed 2 weeks on the first fl. Yes, we needed to draw our curtains at night, but it was sooooo convenient not having to wait for an elevator! Also sitting on the patio people watching was nice too. Loved it and would request again.

We stayed at CSR and had a first floor room. It was very easy and convenient to not have to go out of our way to the staircase/elevator, and to not have to wait for an elevator or take stairs after a long day. We kind of liked just walking up to our room. That said, we did have someone above is who walked across the floor in what sounded like high heels after 11pm. I think this was amplified by the fact that CSR has hard flooring instead of carpets, but I think its fair to expect foot noise above if you're not on the top floor.

I prefer the first floor mainly so I'm not whisper yelling at my kids to walk softly and not jump onto the beds because of the people staying in the rooms below us.

We just stayed at Movies this weekend. We also had a preferred room & were in Toy Story, building 10. We got a first floor room & were facing inside (towards the walkway, not the roadside of the building). We were only about 2 rooms away from the large Woody & Buzz characters. Honestly, we heard very little outside noise. We normally stay deluxe club level & this was our first value resort stay. I had read about noise issues but it was such a quickly planned short trip we decided to save some money & see how the values are. I truly don’t think noise was an issue at all. I have heard more noise from families coming & going down the halls of deluxe resorts than I did at Movies.

We probably won’t stay values again, but that is more to do with transportation & dining than noise.

We just stayed at Movies this weekend. We also had a preferred room & were in Toy Story, building 10. We got a first floor room & were facing inside (towards the walkway, not the roadside of the building). We were only about 2 rooms away from the large Woody & Buzz characters. Honestly, we heard very little outside noise. We normally stay deluxe club level & this was our first value resort stay. I had read about noise issues but it was such a quickly planned short trip we decided to save some money & see how the values are. I truly don’t think noise was an issue at all. I have heard more noise from families coming & going down the halls of deluxe resorts than I did at Movies.

We probably won’t stay values again, but that is more to do with transportation & dining than noise.
Ditto:thumbsup2 The sound in those hallways really carry. It's funny, when we travel we always pick a hotel where the rooms are inside with hallways, but have found that at WDW we really prefer rooms opening up to the outside so much more, to the point where we rarely stay deluxe anymore.

I always pick an upper floor in Florida. I figure there's a lower chance of snakes hanging around outside our door. I know, crazy, but that's how it works for me.

We used to always pick an upper floor, but on our last trip we ended up on the first floor. I really liked it! We didn’t need to worry about stairs or slow elevators (especially nice as we had a baby, a baby stroller, and the many many things babies need!) and it felt really convenient to run out for coffees or snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!