How important is the Universal Express Unlimited

jpwoods

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have decided to take a last minute trip to Orlando in 2 weeks. We have not been to Universal in years and he is over WDW and the number of times we have been. We would be going the first week of June. The only resorts available are Cabana Bay, Aventura and Portofino. Portofino is twice the price of the others for a week but includes the Universal Express Unlimited. We are not hard core them park riders since we are now in our late 40s and mid 50s, but we do ride most things at least once. Would we be ok with only the early entry that comes with Cabana Bay or Aventura; or is the UEU worth it? We will not stay at the parks all day - or even every day probably. We will have a day or two of pool days and we may go to SeaWorld a day as well. This trip will just be the two of us, our kids are grown and half flown and have other plans.

Age is just a number. I am in my 60 and handicapped and ride almost everything.

But is the EP worth it. I think it is. You do not mention how many days you will have, but it appears to be several so you may be ok not having the EP but having it will make your visit so much more enjoyable.

Figure at a minimum standby line will be 30-60 minutes. EP line will be 10-to probably no more than 20. Think how much you can get done with those extra minutes. Leave the parks at noon. Depending on the tickets you have, you could do a few hours every morning and still have plenty of time for other things.

You are so close to your trip, I do not think annual passes rates will still be available, but you could check with the APH rate code.

Keep checking things may open up with better pricing. Have you tried adjusting your dates? Perhaps a split trip of sorts with a night or two at different property, which may open up other pricing options. Often it’s the Saturday night that is the issue, try eliminating it from your search.

If just the two of you, & if you find wait times are intolerable, could always purchase the regular EP for a day or two since you’d be saving $ at one of the values.

That said, cannot vouche for either CB or A. Not on my radar as I stick to the resorts with boat service.

I’m 47 EP is great. We do EE and have after 4 express on our APs. I wasn’t sure we needed UE, but thoroughly enjoyed it when we stayed at Hard Rock last week. I would be ok with EE and after 4 express, but unlimited and all day was a real treat!

We love having EP, I’m in my 60’s and ride everything incl Hulk and Rip Rocket.

Wouldn’t be without EP........even on so called quiet times.......it’s worth it’s weight in Gold........

Few days ago line for Minions was 75 minutes......there was no one in the EP line and we walked straight on.......fabulous.........

We just got back from Universal. We rode everything - DH 52, Me 50, DD 15 & DD 14. We had EP - I wouldn't have wanted to be without them. Maximum wait time was 10 min, standby lines were 30-60 min. Portofino was beautiful. If you can get the club level room, you will more than make up the additional costs in food and drinks. When I priced it all out, we saved money staying at Portofino.

Hi I second the club level if you can swing it at Portofino. We stayed there last summer and loved it. I agree we saved money on food and loved the resort! The food at all servings was plenty for us. Check out some trip reports on Portofino or google the club lounge there are some good ones out there.

I would not go without express pass any time of the year. I love how we can tour the parks with it.

The first week of June may be slow enough where you wouldn't need it, but you will wait in some lines.

What do you mean about the club level room?

Portofino Bay, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific all offer an upgrade where you can enjoy the Club Lounge of those particular hotels at an extra cost.

They all offer similar offerings. Have a check out of them all and see if there’s any theme you prefer better.

I often stay at Cabana Bay or offsite. Lines are shorter earlier in the day and toward the end of the evening, and DH and I took advantage of a lot of single rider lines. We were offsite last trip and got everything we wanted to do in reasonable time. Universal has a lot more single rider lines than Disney.

We normally go the 2nd week of June, staying offsite, with no EP. We've never missed it. The crowd levels at that time are manageable and we've ridden everything we wanted to, and usually been out of the parks by 2pm.

We do a week's stay and do the Harry Potter stuff late in the evening on our arrival day. Very low wait times. We rope drop mornings (no EE offsite), and ride most things with minimal wait times. I think 30 min tops for Spiderman and Transformers. Mummy, MIB, JP, very fast lines. We leave when the lines start getting long, and either come back after 6 or decide to be done for the day.

So it's very doable even with no perks in early June.

I've only been to Universal Orlando twice, both times with express pass. I wouldn't ever consider going without. It makes the day so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter