How in the world am I going to keep this to myself?! PTR May '20 turn Feb '21! -Final update 2/7!

Exciting! Will you do a trip report when you return? We are headed for a June trip, and I can't wait!

I'm glad you recovered from covid! It's exciting that it's less than a month away from your trip now.
Thank you! I'm still dealing with some residual breathing issues but I don't see it interfering much. And if it comes into play, luckily Disney has tons of benches for rest!

Sorry to hear you guys got sick. How are you feeling now? Glad you're getting to go on your trip finally! We're also planning to go next month!

Sorry to hear you guys got sick. How are you feeling now? Glad you're getting to go on your trip finally! We're also planning to go next month!
Thanks! I've had shortness of breath but have been fine for several days in a row so I'm hoping it's a step in the right direction and that walking Disney won't aggravate anything. Is your trip next month a reschedule? I think maybe you were originally planning to go last spring?

A hodge podge of updates!
Whew! We've had to do so much planning in such little time! :hourglass So here we go!

Park days!
We arrive on Monday and should be ready to enter a park around mid-day just after lunch. We've decided to go to AK that day. It's a risky move because DS5 is now tall enough for pretty much everything so we'll be taking him on EE, his first ever coaster. I think we plan to have a "vacation" one day ahead of time where we watch ride videos on YouTube so he can secretly be prepped for some of these more intense rides.
Tuesday will be HS.
Wednesday is MK.
Thursday is Epcot. Can't wait to see Festival of the Arts and eat all the things! pooh: Chinese new year is on Friday so if the China Pavillion doesn't have anything special out this day but I see on Friday that they do, I might do a quick park hop to check it out.
Friday we're reserved for HS but may park hop back to MK depending on how the rest of the week goes.

Dining!
Well this one is easy to plan - because we're not! :rotfl2:This will be a new one for us but we've decided to forgo all table service meals since many of our favorites aren't available. I've done some research on what QS we might want to stop at and where requires mobile order.

Planning Fun (sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's a chore)
I've picked up an extra shirt or two for myself to wear. Our Magic Bands should arrive tomorrow. They automatically sent us grey ones but that's fine because I have skins for all 3. Today we picked up any toiletries or travel meds that we might want to bring. I also picked up some additional masks for DS and I.

At this point, the planning is pretty much done! I'll put the skins on the Magic Bands one night after DS goes to bed. We plan to keep it a total secret and will just let him figure it out when we get there. His school and teacher know but they know to keep it a secret.

15 days to go!

Thanks! I've had shortness of breath but have been fine for several days in a row so I'm hoping it's a step in the right direction and that walking Disney won't aggravate anything

Fingers crossed for you!

Is your trip next month a reschedule? I think maybe you were originally planning to go last spring?

We had so many trips cancelled last year. Originally we planned for May then July and September was supposed to be our 1st ever Disneyland trip. Covid cancelled all of those and then I found out I was pregnant! We did go to WDW in September and now this trip will be the baby's first trip.

I think we plan to have a "vacation" one day ahead of time where we watch ride videos on YouTube so he can secretly be prepped for some of these more intense rides.

Oo that's a good idea!

It's almost time! :hyper: Not much else has happened as far as planning goes. Does it count that I researched my airport parking situation? :rotfl: I also ordered and received a shirt commemorating Potatoland because that's one of our favorite Mickey shorts. At this point, it's just finishing touches on everything like making sure the cats :cat: have enough food and litter while we're gone, buying groceries with our dates in mind, etc. It's so close! Also, it makes me laugh that our forecast at home right now is a high temp of 16° and instead we'll be flying outta here! I picked up some of those nail polish gel sticker things that are Mickey themed so I'll put those on this weekend and if I remember, I'll try to share a pic here.

I did our Magic Bands! They're not perfect but they're still pretty great!

I've been making notes to myself of any specialty food or drinks I want to try. On the list are a Himalayan Ghost and a Simba pretzel (with plastic cheese, of course!).

1 week from today! So, so excited! :jumping1:

Y'all.

I started this PTR 2 YEARS ago and now...

we're going to Disney World...

TOMORROW!!
:hyper:
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

DS5 still doesn't know. We've pulled out the luggage in our room and locked the door so he doesn't accidentally see it. My packing lists are ready to go as soon as DS goes to bed. DS also knows he's not allowed to leave his room except for the bathroom before a certain time in the mornings, which means we can finish packing and get the bags in the car before he leaves his room.

It's really happening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!