How long do you stay when you go to DLP?

KarenUK

Earning My Ears
Hi there everyone

I was just curious as to how long everybody stays at DLP when they visit (for those that have been before or how long would you stay for those who are maybe at the planning stage).

We always go for 4 nights now as we always drive and the Tunnel crossing is cheaper for an under 5 day return, but in the past we have stayed for various perids from 3 nights to a week. What is your ideal time to stay and has the addition of the Studios encouraged you to stay longer?

Jus being nosey:o

Karen :)

Either 2 or 3 nights (3 or 4 days). We see DLP as a long weekend destination, so we don't feel we need any longer than this. As we only do the parks (no side visits to local sights) we think that 3 or 4 days is plenty of time to ride everything plus have some relaxing time.

Regards

Rob

We have always stayed for just 3 nights, though I sometimes wish we could stay for more - particularly the time we got a surprise ugrade to a suite!!

We just spend our time doing the park(s) and, when it was just the one, 3 nights was actually plenty of time. Our last visit was in December and I wondered if we would have enough time now that the Studios were there. But this was also our first visit as parents, and when there's a two year old involved, you definitely become much more limited in what you can easily do! We found that 3 nights was fine again this time.

In the future my DH wants to take me to Paris - I'm ashamed to say I've never been. And as our DD gets older and becomes adventurous, I'm sure more time will be a necessity. ;)

Becky

Ssssshh! Don't tell anyone but I have never been to Paris either despite having been to DLP 6 times:o

Karen :)

3 nights/4 days is my fave ... I think I might add on another night with the studios there now.

We used to stay 3 nights/ 4 days, but since we visited when the studios opened we have stayed 4 nights / 5 days.

With our DS only 4 at the moment, we are still on 'toddler pace' so it takes us the whole of that time just to see the parks. However, in the future hopefully we will be able to speed up a little and include a visit to Paris.

Richard. :)

We always plan to go for just three nights - but last time we planned it just right, so we got the four for three offer!

To be honest, as we go midweek to avoid the crowds, one day is good enough to do the Studios and two to do the main park for us. Having the extra day just meant we could take a little more time, enjoy the facilities at the hotel and do things like leave the parks at lunchtime to eat in the Village, which we wouldn't normally have done.

I Love to have a little extra time to relax while we are there. I know that we could 'do' the parks in less than our usual 4nights/5days but love to enjoy the pool at the ranch and just amble round the parks without it feeling like a whistle stop tour. I love to take time to look at the fine details of the park but of course the kids are always saying 'can we go on (insert name of any ride here) next'. :D

Karen

When i go to dlrp i normally stay for 4 nights 5 days. We get to dlrp at around lunch time and leave around 6.00pm on the final day. We always fly as living in the north it would take a long time to get down to dover, so manchester airport beckons. We get to the airport at about 4.30am so we can get the early filght at 6.30 - this way you get a full day :-). Also we get the latest flight back, o.k so having to leave at 6.00 isnt too late but its the best we can do.

I love staying for 5 days, but i'd stay for a month if I could ;-)

Sarah

When we went in 4 years ago, we went on the coach, done 1 night, 2 days, and stayed off site - Never again !!! It was a French holiday and it was packed, we hardly done anything. We couldn't be there for rope drop as the coach didn't leave the hotel until 9.00am, and then we had to que for tickets. It was a nightmare.

This June we're flying, and going for 4 nights and 5 days. This time we'll have 18 month old DS with us, so we'll need to take our time.
I'm with Karen - I want to be able to enjoy the pool, and just stroll around not missing any of the detail (which I did the last time). We want to go the the Sealife centre aswell.
I wish now that I'd arranged a 5th night in Paris. I booked the holiday before I bought Simon's book, but now I've read it I really fancy a night in Paris - Never mind, maybe next time :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts