How long does ROTR typically stay down for??

JustinS30

Mouseketeer
Currently in the attraction and made it to the storm trooper room. We’re told there was technical difficulties and the system needed to be reset. Been waiting about 45-minutes now. Anyone experience this?

Currently in the attraction and made it to the storm trooper room. We’re told there was technical difficulties and the system needed to be reset. Been waiting about 45-minutes now. Anyone experience this?

Pffftt - who hasn't? JK but RoTR has been a frustrating attraction for us. Lots of breakdowns = no rides for the day. We've done the get up and get in the virtual queue 4 times between DL and WDW and ridden it twice. 50/50 odds. For you it's early, you're already in so you'll get on.

You can ask for a recovery fp. That way you can leave and come back once you see the ride back open

For us that was the most frustrating. DL just wouldn't give them out so we waited in the queue for 2+ hours before finally giving up. Asked one more time before exiting and the answer was if we left the line we were done.

Finally got on. About 60-minutes in the room down. About 90ish to experience the entire attraction. It was good. Would’ve been great without the delay haha

For us that was the most frustrating. DL just wouldn't give them out so we waited in the queue for 2+ hours before finally giving up. Asked one more time before exiting and the answer was if we left the line we were done.
Happened to us too, in DLR, and were in line almost 3 hours. This was opening weekend in January, and I hoped that they had read my email (and I'm sure many others) and changed this stupid policy of not issuing FPs to come back later. Why ruin someone's day and make them less likely to buy merch, etc? Hopefully they change this after the shutdown.

Happened to us too, in DLR, and were in line almost 3 hours. This was opening weekend in January, and I hoped that they had read my email (and I'm sure many others) and changed this stupid policy of not issuing FPs to come back later. Why ruin someone's day and make them less likely to buy merch, etc? Hopefully they change this after the shutdown.

I think that the point of the Boarding Groups was that they were supposed to be to take care of this issue. If RotR didn't have the BGs, and it was part stand-by and part FP+ (or I guess with Covid it would be all standby), you'd have to imagine that these stand-by lines would be getting up to 4-5 hours or more. That's where the recovery FP+ for those who want to get out of line would make sense. The BGs were supposed to be the answer for a hot new ride that everybody wants to get on that can't stay open and functional. They keep the stand-by as short as they think they can without risking running out of people and strategically call people when they've been going through groups, and will stop calling people when it can't stay running. They're probably hoping that some people will just give up and get out of line to make up for the capacity lost for those hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!