How long for security at BWI

mom23guys2

<font color=FF99FF>Longs to hear....."A table for
Has anyone flown out of BWI recently? I'm interested in finding out how long it would be to check in and clear security. SWA said get there 1 1/2 hours before the flight but with the war I'm wondering if this is really enough time. Since my college age son is flying to Orlando to meet us, I want to make sure he leaves enough time to make it and at that age an early morning flight is a challenge, maybe he'll just stay up all night. I'm sure that will seem more realistic than suggesting he get up at 4:30AM.

We flew out of BWI a few weeks ago (pre-war) and got through SWA really quick (lots of checked bags, large family) and we had a couple carry-on's.... just make sure he has his ID... he'll need to show that a few times.

Unless you're flying out during the peak Easter time I would think 1 1/2 hours is plenty.

Make sure he doesn't lock his bags -- they WILL open them and check thoroughly before sending them back to be taken to the plane.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Also, your son may want to be prepared to remove his shoes. A couple different friends have flown in & out of BWI since the war started & they had to remove their shoes.

I live in MD, and since the war started they have been stopping every car driving into BWI for security checks. I haven't been through it, but according to the news, traffic has been a nightmare there. :( I'm not sure if these security checks are only for traffic going into the terminal, or if it includes the sattelite parking lots. He may want to call ahead for more details.

Thanks for all your help. I'll try calling the airport a few days before he leaves to see what their procedures are. He is flying at the busy time, Good Friday morning. I'll also try calling a few of the off-site parking garages to see if that might be a better option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter