How long is Jimmy Fallon going to last?

Shrek, Simpsons, Minions, Fallon - Fallon newer screen; better than my crt tv lol but I can see how others will eventually say hmmmm

edit: The preshow setup is very good, and I was fully immersed

Likely long past it's relevance. I don't see them spending the money to change it since this has to be one of the easiest things ever for them to have done. It's a very basic sim ride that they've done 100 times already and now done with characters they own. It's possible if something goes terrible with Fallon in real life then they might change it. Which is why it's a terrible idea to make a ride based on a real person. But if something happened with Fallon they'd likely still keep the tonight show theme and just change it that way. I don't see this ride going anywhere in the foreseeable future. Simply because it's cheap, it fits with themeing and actually in it's tiny space, and it disperses crowds.

Of course it was cheap to make, it can easily be changed up (the film), and they could do minor adjustments to the building if necessary, but my worries are the fact that although it seems "easy", or "cheap" to do so for changes, it doesn't mean they necessarily will, which worries me. I like the ride itself, but it is not something I am obsessed with and the seat belts are horrible and awkward. That is really the only problem I had and I know a lot of people have issue with it as well and once again, doubt that is going to change anytime soon.

It's cute and enjoyable for now, but a lot of people hate Shrek (not everyone, but I've heard a lot of negative things), which is something I'm sure when it first came out it was massively loved. I just hope if they can make updates, or changes, they will instead of sticking to the same thing for years and years and years.

I must admit this was the first time that I thought that I'll probably not do this ride again, the preshow was very good but the ride itself, was a let down!

Hi I just rode the ride this week and really enjoyed it. I thought the pre-show was really good and I enjoyed the ride. I thought the film sequences were very good.

Love the ride. Never saw the show and I'm from NYC. Sitting in there today looking around seeing all the patrons sitting around NOT spending money. I'm sure they will find a way to generate income in that queue.

Love the ride. Never saw the show and I'm from NYC. Sitting in there today looking around seeing all the patrons sitting around NOT spending money. I'm sure they will find a way to generate income in that queue.

I fully expected to see a bar

I fully expected to see a bar

They already get amusement by the interactive screens and the singers. Also, if they did a bar at all, I would hope it'd be non-alcoholic, so they can enjoy a soda and toss it to the side once their done before they get onto the ride. I'm just saying, since I think it wouldn't be a good idea to encourage actual drinking before going on a simulator.

The pre-show activities were as good as any attraction, absolutely loved them. And the queue-less line was pretty cool. The attraction itself felt like a regurgitation of Minions or any other non-track 3D attraction. Very easy to switch out when the time comes. I do like Fallon so that helped. But overall was underwhelmed by the attraction.

They should remove alcohol from the entire park, then.

... Not necessarily.

I think having a drink at a bar for a little while, or maybe even enjoying some food if you're at a restaurant, which might take even an hour, or so, and then eventually making your way to an attraction is a little different than chasing down an alcoholic drink, or doing shots and immediately going right onto a ride.

queue-less line

We are clueless if we believe this ride is queuless. If you read the ticket it says please don't proceed up the staircase until the next color is called. (queue 1). If it's busy upstairs they herd you into the room to see the gals (queue 2). You then proceed to the couches (queue 3). When your color is called you move to the left and right side rows to get your glasses (queue 4). The rapped rules is queue 5.

I think I counted about 90ish seats last time I was there.

Queue 1=50 patrons (estimated)
Queue 2=90 patrons (estimated)
Queue 3=90 patrons (estimated)
Queue 4=180 patrons
Queue 5=180 patrons
Actual Ride=180 patrons

That is an estimated 770 patrons standing around NOT spending $$$. This doesn't include all the non FP patrons standing around outside waiting for their time. It doesn't take an expert in Thrillville to see that In regard to theme park economics, this is a crappy ride.

The goal of a queuless ride is to have the patrons in the virtual queue spend money. The ride will not last if they don't find a way to generate income from all the queueless patrons.

Last edited:
We are clueless if we believe this ride is queuless. If you read the ticket it says please don't proceed up the staircase until the next color is called. (queue 1). If it's busy upstairs they herd you into the room to see the gals (queue 2). You then proceed to the couches (queue 3). When your color is called you move to the left and right side rows to get your glasses (queue 4). The rapped rules is queue 5.

Queue 4=180 patrons
Queue 5=180 patrons
Actual Ride=180 patrons

That is an estimated 770 patrons standing around NOT spending $$$. This doesn't include all the non FP patrons standing around outside waiting for their time. It doesn't take an expert in Thrillville to see that In regard to theme park economics, this is a crappy ride.

The goal of a queuless ride is to have the patrons in the virtual queue spend money. The ride will not last if they don't find a way to generate income from all the queueless patrons.

Ergo the idea of a small bar before what i term a tame ride. The couches give off a lounge vibe, why not designate that area wholly to let the lizards among us:drinking1have a space to take a load off for 30 minutes or so & chill.

Institute a one drink minimum, alcoholic or a pricey themed soft drink with a glowing something or other. Payment due when entering the attraction thru a separate line. Toss in your choice of souvenir & everybody's happy.

Logistically, they'd have to adjust the flow to accommodate those who select the 'velvet rope' treatment jumping back in line, but it'd be workable.

... Not necessarily.

I think having a drink at a bar for a little while, or maybe even enjoying some food if you're at a restaurant, which might take even an hour, or so, and then eventually making your way to an attraction is a little different than chasing down an alcoholic drink, or doing shots and immediately going right onto a ride.

I had 2 hogshead/Guinness blends last night before I went on Forbidden Journey. :drinking1

I had 2 hogshead/Guinness blends last night before I went on Forbidden Journey. :drinking1

You may have that ability, but my point is, not everyone can handle that. It depends on age, body weight, experience, how fast you drink it, as well as how much you drink, and how quickly you get onto the ride right after you drank. Too many factors into the equation in my personal opinion.

I for example, never feel sick on FJ, but there are a lot of people on this forum that do without the help of alcohol. While Fallon's ride is nothing compared to it, people have the potential to get on simulators without alcohol and still get sick, or feel ill. So, having alcohol that accessible and close by just increases the chances of sickness and clean up for the Universal crew.

Queue 4=180 patrons
Queue 5=180 patrons
Actual Ride=180 patrons

Ahh, I had a completely different experience then you did then. Maybe it was because I was there on a Wednesday in mid-May, but to me it was truly queue-less. I got my color card. Wandered around downstairs looking at the Tonight Show memorabilia then I went upstairs and it was very easy to walk and move around in the different areas. I even had (gasp) elbow room when watching the entertainment. I could understand it being somewhat a "queue" when busy but for when I went and for my review, it was truly queue-less.

You may have that ability, but my point is, not everyone can handle that. It depends on age, body weight, experience, how fast you drink it, as well as how much you drink, and how quickly you get onto the ride right after you drank. Too many factors into the equation in my personal opinion.

I for example, never feel sick on FJ, but there are a lot of people on this forum that do without the help of alcohol. While Fallon's ride is nothing compared to it, people have the potential to get on simulators without alcohol and still get sick, or feel ill. So, having alcohol that accessible and close by just increases the chances of sickness and clean up for the Universal crew.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I am thankful to not have experienced being in a ride vehicle with an ill guest in many decades of visiting amusement parks (yea!).

Motion sickness occurs when one part of your balance-sensing system (inner ear, eyes, sensory nerves) sense that your body is moving but the other parts aren't.

People have different triggers, but you cannot definitively link motion sickness with alcohol consumption especially, when in moderation - such as i described: 1 drink, 15 - 30 min prior.

If anything motion sickness/alcohol connection is due to drinking copious amounts the evening beforehand.

Just because there's a beer cart/bars throughout the parks, doesn't mean the majority of guests avail themselves. Social drinking is perfectly acceptable in the parks. Security keeps a lid on things. If anything the stiff prices probably put the clamp on many who might be tempted to over-indulge anyway since they are on holiday.

Common suggested precautions can be easily found @ reputable online medical sources as follows :

1. Don't drink large amounts of alcohol the evening prior as it speeds up dehydration and lowers your body's resistance to motion sickness if you are prone to it.

2. Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist

3. Avoid greasy or acidic foods in the hours beforehand, such as coffee, orange juice/grapefruit juice, bacon, sausage, pancakes. They are slow to digest, and in the case of coffee, can speed up dehydration. Better choices include breads, cereals, grains, milk, water, apple juice, apples, or bananas. Do not skip eating but do not overeat.

I'm unsure as to what you're trying to say.

Do you realise that most of the protein spills on rides come from kids spewing up ice cream and such......according to a manager friend of ours. Do you suggest banning kids from having ice cream in the parks?

How soon after a drink do you think people should wait to ride something? I myself tend not to drink during the day, or I'd be asleep by 2pm. But I certainly respect the choice of those that do enjoy a libation during the day.

You can't police these things. And maybe a little naive to think you can or should. And having alcohol close by has probably no relevance to motion sickness as Keisha's post above has so clearly shown.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but you shouldn't assume to know why people get ill or what will make people bad. Alcohol is sold freely in the parks and has been forever.

Apart from little kids whos protein spill stopped me riding once or twice over 10 years till it was cleaned, I haven't seen an issue.

Ergo the idea of a small bar before what i term a tame ride. The couches give off a lounge vibe, why not designate that area wholly to let the lizards among us:drinking1have a space to take a load off for 30 minutes or so & chill.

Institute a one drink minimum, alcoholic or a pricey themed soft drink with a glowing something or other. Payment due when entering the attraction thru a separate line. Toss in your choice of souvenir & everybody's happy.

Logistically, they'd have to adjust the flow to accommodate those who select the 'velvet rope' treatment jumping back in line, but it'd be workable.

Can we have a Club Style Lounge with fancy cocktails........:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!