How long is the Block Party Bash?

It takes a while for the whole parade. There are 3 different zones. Each zone has a different color. They now have the approximate time it will get to each zone. I think it's about 15-20 minutes per zone. I don't really remember. I know it takes over an hour from start to finish. The first zone is by the entrance, the second zone is between the bugs life area and bread factory, and the last zone is from golden dreams to jumpin jelly fish

The stops are about 15 minutes long. and each stop is exactly the same.. so really other then waiting around to get a good spot initially. You can figure out what time it would stop in each zone if you look on a map (there are 3 zones).

It's a really busy and exciting time! We loved it

So, based on what everyone said...

The first zone (red zone) is located at the Sunshine Plaza. The show begins at 5:15 here, so get to that area about 4:45 or so for a good spot, depending on how busy the park is that day.

The second zone (green zone) is by the Bugs Land, and the BPB gets here approximately at 5:30.

The third zone (blue? zone) is located near Golden Dreams theater, and you can expect the BPB to get there around 5:45ish.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'm still just a little confused - if we stay in the same zone, will we see the entire parade? (I realize that not every float will stop in front of us if we stay in the same zone.) So, if we're in Sunshine Plaza, we can expect to see the entire parade in about 45 - 60 minutes?

Thanks for the clarification!

There are three major floats, and all three perform together at each stop.

The show is preceded by the Green Army Men (Toy Story), who get the crowd, especially the kids going before the parade (From what I heard, this only happens at the first stop).

The first major float section is comprised of the characters from Toy Story, second float is Monsters, Inc, and the third float is A Bug's Life. All three come out together at Sunshine Plaza, and stop for the performance. So, if you are at the beginning of the red section (or the right side of the plaza) you'll see Toy Story, the people between the stores, on the entrance side of DCA will see Monsters, Inc, and the people by Hollywood Backlot entrance will see a Bugs Life perform. At the end of the bash, the Incredibles pop out of big blocks.

After the 15'ish minute show, the BPB parades to the next stop where they do the same performance.

This is a high energy show, with the Green Army Men leading the songs, and the characters and brightly costumed performers dance to popular tunes, inviting guests to dance with them -- YMCA, Celebrate, etc.

No, it is more of 3 "shows" then a parade. Once the parade moves on from your stop (say the red zone) it's gone. The 3 zones are long enough that each has it's own show. Depending on where you are standing within the zone will dictate which float will stop in front of you. They stop and do the whole "show" then pack everything up and continue to the next zone. If you wanted to be in front of the Toy Story Float, then you would need to be at the front end of the zone, the Monsters Inc float is in the middle and the Bug's Life float is at the end of the zone. They move along the road, stop and do the 15 minutes, then move to the next zone.

FYI, they cancelled the last stop on our showing due to the heat. They only performed in the first 2 zones.

If you sit inbetween the sun and the second show stop you get two show stops, which in total lasts about 45 minutes.

Thanks, cmwade77, that's a great strategic suggestion.

I made PSs for Goofy's Kitchen for dinner for 6:30pm, so it sounds like we should have plenty of time to get there. Thanks again, all!

Just a tip... I would leave via the Grand's entrance to DCA when heading over to Goofy's for dinner... then it is just a short jaunt over to the DLH.

Shelebeen said:
Just a tip... I would leave via the Grand's entrance to DCA when heading over to Goofy's for dinner... then it is just a short jaunt over to the DLH.

That's a great suggestion - thanks so much! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter