How long should I budget for Oga's?

samwag

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I will be traveling to Disney World mid to late January 2021. I'm hoping to secure a 5pm reservation at Oga's Cantina when my reservation window opens. I'm also planning a dinner reservation at Sci-Fi Dine-in around 6:15 (assuming they do bookings in 15 minute increments). Do you think I would have enough time to get in to Oga's and have a drink before my dinner reservation?
I'm worried about having a line to get in and then having a long wait for a drink to arrive.

We had ot wait about 15 min past our reservation but drinks were quick they want you in and our quick.

That would probably be fine. It’s a 45mn time limit once your drinks arrive. You can check in ten minutes early. If you don’t care about spending the full 45mn in Oga’s, you’ll be fine. Typical wait after you check in is anywhere from 1-15mn. Typical wait for drinks to arrive is usually within 15mn of walking in. Usually our server shows up within a few mn, and is back with the drinks 5-10mn later. They want people in and out. You can ask them to bring the bill with the drink to speed up the paying process. I’ve found that can take longer than getting my order.

If you want to shave off a bit of time, take a look at the menu before you go. The cantina is really distracting visually, meaning you're going to want to spend your time looking around rather than looking at a menu. There are a lot of good blogs with photos and descriptions of the drinks out there as well.

If you don't finish your drink before you leave they previously would allow you to put them in to go cups. Not sure if that will change of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter