How many concierge rooms at AKV?

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.
I know that this has been asked before, but I can not find the answer. LisaS. are you out there? I know you know the answer!:)

I'm not LisaS but I'll fill in for her...

There are a total of 5 two bedroom lock-offs on the 6th floor that are concierge. The lock-offs can be split into seperate studio and one bedroom units.

I'm not LisaS but I'll fill in for her...

There are a total of 5 two bedroom lock-offs on the 6th floor that are concierge. The lock-offs can be split into seperate studio and one bedroom units.
and so if you do the math, the maximum number of concierge AKV rooms would be 10 (5 studios and 5 one bedrooms).

My best guess is that MS allows at least one of the lock off units to be rented as a two bedroom, so it would be rare to see the max available for any particular date.

Wouldn't all lockoffs be available as 2BRs? I thought that was the point of lockoffs?

At any rate, we have a 2BR AKL club level reservation next year.:thumbsup2

One other point of information is about the view. Three of those 2BR lockoffs face the Sunset Savanna, the other two face the pool area. You can request a savanna view, but it is not guaranteed.

Wouldn't all lockoffs be available as 2BRs? I thought that was the point of lockoffs? At any rate, we have a 2BR AKL club level reservation next year.:thumbsup2
Yes, but IMHO, it is very unlikely that MS will allow all 5 to be reserved as a 2 bedroom unit. Seems more likely to me that they will rent more of them as studios and 1 bedrooms, than as 2 bedrooms. I don't know the "formula they use - suspect it is similar to what is used at the BWV, since all 2 bedrooms are lock off units.

Yes, but IMHO, it is very unlikely that MS will allow all 5 to be reserved as a 2 bedroom unit. Seems more likely to me that they will rent more of them as studios and 1 bedrooms, than as 2 bedrooms. I don't know the "formula they use - suspect it is similar to what is used at the BWV, since all 2 bedrooms are lock off units.

Do you know what formula is used at BWV?

I would have thought it was first come, first served although I can imagine there may be a greater demand for studios or 1BR and once a portion of a unit is reserved, there goes that 2BR option.

Do you know what formula is used at BWV?
No, I don't. I do know that at the BWV, they reserve the dedicated studios and 1 bedroom units before they start breaking up the lock offs, but I don't know how they decide to use a lock off as a studio & 1 bedroom or keep it for a 2 bedroom.
I would have thought it was first come, first served although I can imagine there may be a greater demand for studios or 1BR and once a portion of a unit is reserved, there goes that 2BR option.
They might do it that way, I don't know. It just seems to me at AKV that they would keep at least one lock off for a 2 bedroom for some period of time before releasing it to be booked as a studio and 1 bedroom. I think that they do this because studios are so popular - for example, there are lots of reports that people want the AKV concierge studio just to be able to book the special Safari offerings. If they did first come first served, I think it would be very hard to get a 2 bedroom, evn if you call right when MS opens. But this is just my opinion. I have no idea how it really works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter