How Many Contracts Do You Own?

How many home resorts do you have? And how many points?
Welcome!!

We have 3 contracts; all SSR with OCT UY; total 335.
We had calculated our "perfect # of points" at 200 based on booking a 1BR unit, 7-9 nights, at BWV for an annual tech conference in January. We started small then blew past the goal with an unexpected add-on. We used the extra points for a wee bit of 'play' every few years until the conference ended in 2015. Now, lacking a purpose, we are finding new ways to play using the points. Looking forward to a couple's getaway in a Copper Creek cabin!
  • 150 points, direct, purchased May 2004 as "pre-opening"
  • 25 points, direct, purchased the following year when we had a small stash of cash available
  • 160 points, direct, 2007, surprise!

Welcome!!

We have 3 contracts; all SSR with OCT UY; total 335.
We had calculated our "perfect # of points" at 200 based on booking a 1BR unit, 7-9 nights, at BWV for an annual tech conference in January. We started small then blew past the goal with an unexpected add-on. We used the extra points for a wee bit of 'play' every few years until the conference ended in 2015. Now, lacking a purpose, we are finding new ways to play using the points. Looking forward to a couple's getaway in a Copper Creek cabin!
  • 150 points, direct, purchased May 2004 as "pre-opening"
  • 25 points, direct, purchased the following year when we had a small stash of cash available
  • 160 points, direct, 2007, surprise!
You've owned for a while now! Good to know you haven't regretted any of it!

WHOA, really! All add-ons are resale? Good to know you are loving your DVC time!

Hi! We've owned since 2003, and we've had guests of all ages, celebrated my mom's 85th, and aunt's 80th, our son's 21st, and grandchildren's first, second and third in years gone by!
We own direct and resale. I think only our 100 point BLT add on is excluded from certain perks. We bought them right after the first round of exclusions. We make it a point to get to BLT to see the fireworks on July 3 and December 30 from TTOTW. For July 4 and December 31, we go to EPCOT.

I hope you are also pleased with your DVC purchase!

856 pts total:

started in 1999 (direct - Aug UY)
BWV - 240 pts
BCV - 60 pts
SSR - 100 pts

BWV - 150 pts (2013 resale - April UY)
BWV - 306 pts (currently closing resale - Dec UY)

we started going as a family of 4, 1 week in a 1bdrm. as the kidlets grew up, our vacations became 12-13 days, twice a year (DD & myself in May, DH & me again :blush:in Oct - BW view studio). we added the last contract when DD & I (& nephew for a few days) were upgraded to a 1 bdrm, & I realized how much we missed the ease of the washer/dryer, big fridge, living space. we usually rent out the BCV points (not big fans of the resort), & use the SSR for a "try a new resort" night (while we do love SSR, BWV has our hearts).

unfortunately, I hate odd numbers (note how we added BCV to make it even), so it's only a matter of time before I feel the need to add exactly 144 to make an even 1000.......:rolleyes1

3 Contracts all direct. 1992 OKW 300 pts
1994 OKW 100 pts
2016 Poly 150 pts

2 contracts, both April UY, both resale grandfathered so we get some perks

200 BLT
200 BLT

One - 150 points at BWV.

We only do Disney every other year (at most). In alternate years we take cash vacations - We've taken the family to Europe, Hawaii, Washington DC, California and Mexico. I think a wide variety of travel experiences is good for kids - although mine are now young adults - which is also part of the issue. Finding family vacation time once they hit high school with high school schedules became very difficult - even Spring Break and most of Summer had activities or jobs.

We are heading into hubby and me years, and my husband has a job where he can work from anywhere with phone and a decent internet connection (which means NOT DISNEY) - his boss just spent five weeks in Europe - two on vacation, three working - and I'm semi retired.

Two contracts here - both with a Dec UY.

150 at Boulder Ridge (resale in mid 2016)
50 at Copper Creek (direct)

Just the two of us for now, so we aren't in a rush to add on at the moment. But we are using the Copper Creek points for 2 nights at a cabin in January!!

We have 3. The addiction in our house is bad.

We started with 210 BLT points for MK/monorail access even though we love Poly more but couldn't justify the cost. This was just prior to the April 4, 2016 change on Membership Extras.

We picked up 200 BCV points a few months later primarily for Food and Wine.

And this year we snagged a decent deal on 320 AKV points because this is becoming my favorite chill out/less parks resort.

All were resale.

And I thought I was bad.

I did 150 VGF, 130 VGF and 25 direct BCV. I'm considering picking up a larger SSR contract for non-fall travel. There seems to be a good amount of availability during Jan/Feb at most of the resorts, so I would not have to use my coveted VGF points for non-peak travel. I'm just pretty sure DW won't let me get anymore points -- she already got mad at me when I bought the second VGF contract.

2 Contracts
75 Poly
25 Poly

Next contract to be a different resort. DW loves AK, so maybe there.

Two, both resale, one before the the newest restrictions and one I just bought this year.
First I bought 160 points at AKV - because I'm cautious/conservative financially and the price was right and it was my 'training wheels' contract. @ the time the consensus was if you want to get your toes wet to go for SSR, but I didn't mind paying the slightly higher MFs to have a resort I loved to stay at - I'd stayed at AKL/V a couple of times before I bought, including once in a 1 br. villa (our desired villa size) and knew that I really enjoyed the resort.
After I'd used those AKV points trying out my options for adding on I went w/ my heart and bought 160 at VGF, it was an expensive choice price wise and point usage wise - but I'd loved staying at the regular GF resort in the past, and my stay in a 1 br. villa in the DVC building more recently vanquished any lingering doubts I had about my next home resort. W/ the VGF contract my conservative fiscal tendencies were overruled by my heart :)

Two, both resale, one before the the newest restrictions and one I just bought this year.
First I bought 160 points at AKV - because I'm cautious/conservative financially and the price was right and it was my 'training wheels' contract. @ the time the consensus was if you want to get your toes wet to go for SSR, but I didn't mind paying the slightly higher MFs to have a resort I loved to stay at - I'd stayed at AKL/V a couple of times before I bought, including once in a 1 br. villa (our desired villa size) and knew that I really enjoyed the resort.
After I'd used those AKV points trying out my options for adding on I went w/ my heart and bought 160 at VGF, it was an expensive choice price wise and point usage wise - but I'd loved staying at the regular GF resort in the past, and my stay in a 1 br. villa in the DVC building more recently vanquished any lingering doubts I had about my next home resort. W/ the VGF contract my conservative fiscal tendencies were overruled by my heart :)
Those are two of my favorite resorts as well! Glad you are happy with your DVC!

Three total.
Two at Animal Kingdom Villas, 100 & 160 points, same use year.
One at Aulani, 160 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!