How many days?

aleh021

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for next year to visit in July.

How many days are recommended for Tokyo Disney?

I was looking at 6 days to be in the parks.

We are hardcore park fanatics and love to take our time and really soak everything in, watching shows and parades. And with next years 35th anniversary celebration, we want to make sure we don't miss anything :)

We were there four in July 2014 and didn't get everything in. We took breaks in the afternoons because it was hot and humid.

I don't how heat and crowds would affect you, but I was there in May with nice weather and low crowds and two days per park was good. We moved with a purpose on the first day at each park and spent the second leisurely getting to the things we weren't able to do on day 1, shop, and soak up the ambiance. I think three days per park should give you a fair amount of flexibility even if you're moving a bit slower because of heat and crowds.

Last edited:

how many days would you recommend for each park?

It really depends. You can probably see every thing in three to four days if you get there before opening and go all day, but if you want to see everything and go at a more leisurely pace, then I'd recommend five or six days.

Six days is a lot, but if you want to see ALL the shows, parades and to take your time, then it's probably a good amount of time.

You can always break up your days by spending time at Ikspiari or sightseeing in Tokyo (IF you somehow manage to get a lot more done than expected in your first four or so days).

I'd still try to be at the parks at least an hour early each day as the morning (and late evening) is really the best time to get a lot done before the crowds have an impact. I'd consider staying somewhere on the monorail loop (e.g. Hilton) so that you can take a break during the afternoon when the park is at its busiest.

We just got back and it took us a day and a half to do all Disneyland rides and parades and a day to do Disneysea rides and parades (we didn't do shows).

If you want to do shows or meet and greets (like Mickey) then add a day. There are lots of characters walking around so we met lots without trying.

I think our crowds were quite low though it certainly didn't seem it!

We just got back and it took us a day and a half to do all Disneyland rides and parades and a day to do Disneysea rides and parades (we didn't do shows).

If you want to do shows or meet and greets (like Mickey) then add a day. There are lots of characters walking around so we met lots without trying.

I think our crowds were quite low though it certainly didn't seem it!

thats awesome to hear ! :D

I'm looking at this like I would a Disneyland California trip. We took 4 days out there in the parks and felt like I could have used 3 more days. Haha but thats just me.

Id love to ask you more questions :D

My first trip to Tokyo Disney was in 2007 and we stayed at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay behind the parks. We spent 4 days in the parks and it was just enough for a first time visit. Got all the major attractions in, parades, shows and did some meet n greets. Next time in 2009, did one day at each park to redo our favorites and it was perfect. I went back in 2014 and 2017 and a day at each park was fine for the new attractions and shows.

One thing that shocks when you see it for the first time: the crowds. When a park open at say 8:00 am, expect to see a huge crowd at the entrance at 6:30 am. When the gates finally open, you will have a sea of humanity walking very fast toward either American Waterfront in Tokyo DisneySea or Tomorrowland in Tokyo Disneyland. Fast passes for Toy Story Mania! and Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek are the highest in demand and if you're not in that rush, you will not get one. My plan since doing those rushes in 2014 is to "zag" when everyone is "zig" at Tokyo DisneySea: skip Toy Story Mania and head to Tower of Terror and pick up a Fast Pass. Then, run to Journey to the Center of the Earth and ride that in stand-by. Then, play the game and as soon as you can get another fast pass, get one! The Nemo attraction opened last summer, so I am sure it changed the traffic flow in the morning since I went.

Raging Spirits, Indiana Jones Adventure and Splash Mountain have very efficient single riders lines, so don't bother with Fast Pass there.

thats awesome to hear ! :D

I'm looking at this like I would a Disneyland California trip. We took 4 days out there in the parks and felt like I could have used 3 more days. Haha but thats just me.

Id love to ask you more questions :D

Ask away! I haven't been to Cali so can't compare but there's more to do in both parks than say Paris, and less than the behemoth of WDW. We're planning a Cali trip and I've pegged 3 days for it - for Tokyo we put aside 4 days but only used 2 and a half. It depends on your priorities though, me and my partner are adults who are interested in rides, parades and bars and not so much in queueing for characters. However I managed to meet Tweedle Dee, Mad Hatter, the Fairy Godmother, Captain Hook and one of Maleficents minions without trying!

Ikspari - the shopping area is absolutely rubbish for example and I wasn't impressed with the bars in either hotel so you'll want to do open - close in the parks if you stay onsite. They have great lounges to relax in the evening within the park and escape the madness.

We had five days (for days at the beginning of our Japan trip, one at the end). We felt that this was enough for us despite it being a first visit and us being quite geeky. However, we are not enjoying touring without any breaks. We actually only did rope drop one day, the other days we arrived around 10am. The advantage was that we could just walk into the park without any waiting outside. It worked for us because instead of arriving tired, we arrived nicely rested and with a lot of energy. We did stay until park close every night though.

I could have done without the 5th day. This was mainly because Monsters Ride and Go Seek had been under refurbishment earlier and they also updated Dreamlights, so we felt that those changes were worth another visit. Originally we had thought about only doing the Starlight ticket (from 6pm), but then looked at the price difference and figured that the full day ticket was worth the slightly higher price.

In the end there were some things that we did not get to do, but I guess that was because we just never made them a priority. We did get multiple rides on all our favourites.

Three of our days were at TDL, 2 at TDS. We did not hop at all. I feel that TDL deserves more days than TDS as there are just more attractions. TDS is by far the prettier park, but there is less to do and more to see. But seeing is faster than riding attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter