how many fastpasses can you get?

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
You used to be able to get one fastpass and then had to wait to get another until you had used that one. Is this still the policy? We're going next July and were wondering since it'll be a busy time. We usually go in January and don't even bother with the FP. Thanks!

You can only get them one at a time...

However when it is busy you can potentially have two... what happens is say you go to Mission Space at 2pm and your fastpass is for 6pm, you will be able to pick up another fastpass at roughly 4pm... The rule is you will be able to get another fastpass when your current fastpass time has come up "or" 2 hours after your first one was issued. When you get the Fastpass it will tell you at the bottom what time you are able to get another one.

It's a little more complicated than this. In the MK, you can get a FP for Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion within 5 minutes of each other, then get a third FASTPASS for another attraction.

Len

Just be sure and look at the bottom of your FP at the time you can get another one. Sometimes it's within minutes. Don't plan on that though. This happened to us several times last week but it was an inconsistant pattern. We also received an extra FP at MS for Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

This past weekend, because it told us what time we could get another one at the bottom of our passes, we were holding FOUR fast passes at one time...all perfectly legal-like.

I am led to believe that when you can get another fastpass also depends on what ride the next fastpass is for. The worst case time for getting your next fastpass is stamped on the fastpass you just got. This past week I found the worst case time to be 2 hours and 5 minutes. Occasionally I succeeded in getting a fastpass for a different ride well before the time stamped on the first fast pass. In one case the second fastpass matured long before the next-fetch time on the first fastpass but the next-fetch time stamped on the second fastpass was never earlier than next-fetch time stamped on the first fast pass.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/fastpass.htm

Just back and fastpass is better than ever. It varied but usually you could get another fast pass in about 1 hour. At one point we had a fastpass for at least 3 attractions. I also double checked before trying and you are able to have multiple fastpasses for the same attraction. Really helped since the parks were very busy.

The time stamp for next fast pass is a complicated formula based on crowd size and ride popularity and "traffic" patterns.... You can hold many FP's at the same time because while they stagger your ability to get them you can hold them all day if you want. They are always valid, even after the return window is up. Also some machines are 'disconnected' or on a seperate system, so you can get these ones even if you just got another one. Look for disconnect posts near the time you are going. Also from time to time Disney plays with the system to try out diff. senerios (like 3 FP's at a time, unlimited, etc.). I have heard that in CA there is a special ticket that lets you get unlimited FP's, but I don't remember how...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter