how many hours/miles??

tonysgal34

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to get to Disney from Rochester, NY. Was told in the past that it was about 22 hours-thus we're planning to stay over at a friend's place in Virginia half-way, or stay at a motel. Can anyone elaborate that may have made the drive recently and knows how long it took??? Thanks.....:bounce:

I haven't driven from NY (it was a 26 hour drive for us-would never do it again when I can fly in 2-1/4 hours) but if you sign onto www.mapquest.com and map out the driving instructions, it will tell you the total number of hours required to get from A to B.

We've driven 4 times. Driving time from central Mass was 20 hours. Add bathroom and eating breaks and it usually takes us 24 hours to get there.

This is, of course, driving straight through!

If you are a member of AAA (and if you're not and planning a long drive you should be), go to http://www.aaa.com and log on, go to maps-->directions-->triptik or something like that and right there you type in your address and destination and you get a full trip laid out for you pointing out miles, driving time, etc.

Hello All:

We will be driving from NE CT in our RV in July. AAA has been great - we booked our campsite and our park tickets through them, too.

We're leaving on a Saturday, and hope to miss the city traffic around NYC and D.C.

Any helpful hints?

AAA will be able to supply you with route maps (direct or scenic route), current road closures/detours and rest stops etc along the way.

Thanks everyone-yes we have AAA-actually AAA plus RV-and had thought about getting a triptik from them before we go, but had thought that I'd get a feel for how many hours now-not worried about directions until we leave, but have to figure out the itinerary months in advance to have enough time off from work. If we leave on a Sat morning by 6 am and stop in VA for a sleep-over and leave again at 6am on Sunday, we're hoping to hit Disney by 6 p.m.-does that sound feasible??

I think so Tonysgal. We're going to need to do that driving home from WDW in May. Leave the rental house early Sat. 5/3, be back in upstate NY in time for bed on Sun. 5/4. Back to the grind on 5/5. :eek:

Happy travels. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter