How many rides in one day?

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
Hello all. We are headed to DLP for the first time this spring. We will only have one day there and plan to park hop so we can hit the highlights of both parks. We will stay on site and take advantage of EMH. We are rope-drop-to-close kind of people.
That said, we really need to manage our expectations on what we can fit in.

Hollywood studios
Avengers Campus and rides
Ratatouillie
Crush's Coaster

Disneyland
Hyperspace Mountain
It's a Small World
Phantom Manor

If Time...
Big Thunder Mountain
Pirate's
Peter Pan
Blanche=Neige

We will have one sit down meal during the day. Is it possible to get all this in?

TIA

Hello all. We are headed to DLP for the first time this spring. We will only have one day there and plan to park hop so we can hit the highlights of both parks. We will stay on site and take advantage of EMH. We are rope-drop-to-close kind of people.
That said, we really need to manage our expectations on what we can fit in.

Hollywood studios
Avengers Campus and rides
Ratatouillie
Crush's Coaster

Disneyland
Hyperspace Mountain
It's a Small World
Phantom Manor

If Time...
Big Thunder Mountain
Pirate's
Peter Pan
Blanche=Neige

We will have one sit down meal during the day. Is it possible to get all this in?

TIA

Possible to fit all of that in. The worst lines are going to be at Crush Coaster, so if you can get on that at rope drop or during EMH, do it.

Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates are wonderful there, they are reimagined and expanded versions of what Disney has in the United States. Are you ok with intense rides? Space Mountain is ferocious there and no Disney ride in the US can compare to that one and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril.

Ratatouille usually has between 5 and 15 minutes wait in single rider, if you're willing to do it.
Crush and Coaster is the real issue. I don't think you'll be eligible for the early entry, so you'll already find a 60-90 minutes line when you enter the park.
In Avengers Campus, the Spider Man ride often has long lines, but not too long at park close. You can easily do it in 20 minutes if you get in line before the Studios close (it closes earlier than the Disneyland Park, so you can then transfer to the other park).
The roller coaster is a retheming of Rock and Roller Coaster, same track. I cannot comment on the theming inside because I'm not a fan of the original and I didn't do it, but outside it's cool at night.
I would add the Tower of Terror if you have the time, because the on ride experience is slightly different, but not easy to find it with a short wait

In the main park the BTM are fantastic and a must do, but they're usually over 45 minutes all day. If you're willing not to watch the projection show (it's not that great) doing them at night is a good option. Pirates and It's a small world never have long lines, except at peak times, during the day it's not unusual to find them with a 5 minutes wait. Certainly add Phantom Manor. It's quite different from the Haunted Mansions in the USA and worth it (it usually has 5 minutes too). Parade time is a good moment to ride both.

All of this if you go during the week and it's not a holiday of Spring break in France, otherwise the parks will be packed. You might want to invest in a paid FP (it's called Premier access, if you can buy it for individual attraction or as a package) for Crush and the BTM. Take a look at the app in the week before your visit to get an idea if the waits are so long that you need to buy it.

Last edited:
Possible to fit all of that in. The worst lines are going to be at Crush Coaster, so if you can get on that at rope drop or during EMH, do it.

Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates are wonderful there, they are reimagined and expanded versions of what Disney has in the United States. Are you ok with intense rides? Space Mountain is ferocious there and no Disney ride in the US can compare to that one and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril.
Thank you for the tips. We will be sure to his Crush Coaster first then. Good to know!

Thank you for the tips. We will be sure to his Crush Coaster first then. Good to know!

Depending on your budget as well, if you're there at rope drop, do this: Head left after Studio 1 (the covered restaurant/store you need to walk across) and do WEB Slingers and Avengers Assemble Flight Force right there. Book a Premier Access for Crush Coaster and then do Tower of Terror and Ratatouille while you wait for your Premier Access.

I did that strategy last september and got on both Avengers Campus rides in 15 minutes. Space Mountain is always dead at the end of the night, so while waiting for D-Lite (the drone show) and Illuminations in front of the castle, you should be able to get a reride or two in.

When I visited a few years back, they forced me to buy a three-day ticket. I was able to wrap up both parks in a day each, with plenty of time to spare. A third day was just silly.

Depending on your budget as well, if you're there at rope drop, do this: Head left after Studio 1 (the covered restaurant/store you need to walk across) and do WEB Slingers and Avengers Assemble Flight Force right there. Book a Premier Access for Crush Coaster and then do Tower of Terror and Ratatouille while you wait for your Premier Access.

I did that strategy last september and got on both Avengers Campus rides in 15 minutes. Space Mountain is always dead at the end of the night, so while waiting for D-Lite (the drone show) and Illuminations in front of the castle, you should be able to get a reride or two in.
Think this is a good strategy and as others have said phantom, pirates and iasw often die down as the day goes on and should not be missed.

The open hours tend to draw out in the spring too!

I agree with this. So many people head to Crush's Coaster first that even when we went straight there as soon as EMH began we still waited about 40 minutes. If you only have one day and can find room in your budget for a Premier Access for Crush, you can get much more done by using that time for other rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter