How Many Times Can We Eat At Che Fartsmith's? Update 4/1

Homecomin' - Supper - May 1, 2019

One of our favourite restaurants anywhere is Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. After falling in love with the place on our 2017 trip, we held our wedding reception there as part of our January 2018 trip. We also really enjoy starting our trip here with supper on our arrival night, and this trip was no exception.

DAEE8CC8-EE3B-4CC9-B727-5B8775367335.jpeg

We checked in at the hostess stand outside the restaurant, and we only waited about 5 minutes before I received a text message saying our table was ready and to head inside. As soon as we walked in, I spotted the main man himself – Chef Art Smith! I was fangirling hard, and mentioned to the hostess showing us to our table how excited I was to see him in his restaurant, and how special this place was for us after holding our reception on the patio the day of our wedding. She immediately went over to him and clearly told him that, because the next thing we knew he was making his way over to our table! He was so friendly, and shook our hands and asked if we’d like a picture, and thanked us for coming back to eat again. Eeeeee! I mean, just look at my giant, dorky grin hahaha:

268DD05A-AF97-48B1-BC16-A6692FC14350.jpeg

After our famous-person meet and greet, we sat down and started making the difficult decisions about what to order. First decision was drinks!

Since it was our first night and I’d barely slept in days, I decided it was a great time to really overindulge, and ordered a 22-ounce squeeze bottle of Rumshine Punch – Strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine, $22.

AABCAB09-4169-4978-A8F0-B541404BAC1A-e1558402606626-768x1024.jpeg

31E714D5-F7AE-4FEA-9D41-EA167BB1153D-e1558402644717-768x1024.jpeg

Look at how adorable this squeeze bottle is! And the drink was extremely delicious, and despite being strong it went down easy. Maybe a little too easy, spoiler alert – I was feeling pretty good by the time this meal was over hahaha. Also – you can take this bottle back and it’s $13 for refills

Luke’s first drink order was the Florida Crush – Tito’s handmade vodka muddled with orange and strawberries, a splash of fresh squeezed Florida orange juice and agave syrup, $12

701CFCEC-3E69-480A-9C47-86DB0AD579A9-e1558392811284-768x1024.jpeg

Luke had tried this drink here back in December, and he thought that one was mixed a bit better than this one.

Also – we had one of the best tables in the restaurant, along the back wall overlooking the water. It was a perfect way to really kick off our vacation!

D20B204A-D5EE-4156-8B33-9972D77B5BC3.jpeg

We decided to go all out on this meal, and order an appetizer, entree and dessert each. My appetizer wasn’t really exciting, but I was thinking ahead and ordered a basket of Cheddar Cheese Drop Biscuits – $7

73B8D61F-3397-469D-8F6F-DFA7AF0B13DE.jpeg

I love these so much, and since I knew we had an early start to our day tomorrow these would make a great breakfast. There were 6 in here – we ate three of them and saved three of them for breakfast.

It’s not officially stated on the menu, but you can order a half-order of the Church Lady Deviled Eggs – southern style deviled eggs $12 for 6 eggs ($6 for a half order)

A560B320-151F-4D75-9663-5B4040E7D291-e1558402680600-768x1024.jpeg

I don’t like eggs, so I’ve never tried these, but Luke has had them a few times and always enjoys them. He really likes putting a bit of the house-made Hot Sauce on them. I also asked for his input, and he called these “Heaven’s Cholesterol Bombs”.

Next up – entrees! We really wanted to try something different, but I didn’t want to change it up too much. I always get the Fried Chicken, so this time I ordered the Fried Chicken & Doughnuts – two pieces of Chef Art Smith’s famous fried chicken served with house-made sugar doughnuts and creamy mashed potatoes, $27.

69EB32E9-AC9C-4EF9-B6BE-68BA4ADB8FEF.jpeg

The only difference from the other chicken dish is doughnuts instead of a biscuit, and I believe the pieces of chicken are smaller with this one (but that’s not based on anything other than the multiple pictures I have of the non-doughnut based chicken dish). The chicken was just as delicious as I remembered. I also ask for a side of their southern gravy every time too, it’s so good on top of the mashed potatoes or used to dip pieces of chicken (or biscuit!) into. The doughnuts were also clearly fresh, and they are served with maple syrup to dip into (or pour over top of them – no judgement). It was really sweet, but such a great contrast to the savoury chicken/potatoes.

Luke really switched it up and decided to try the Cuban Sandwich – house smoked pork, shaved country ham, house made pickles, yellow mustard and Swiss cheese pressed between slices of fresh Cuban bread, served with house-made barbecue chips drizzled with icebox dressing, $18

5E4BEE3F-1357-4653-A1D0-A8C1D6EC9A34.jpeg

I didn’t try this (I don’t like mustard), but Luke really enjoyed it! I did steal a few of the chips though, they were nice and fresh and crispy. I really enjoy their icebox dressing as well. In Luke’s words – the bread was toasted to a perfect crispiness, the pulled pork was excellent and complimented well with the ham and mustard. He was also a little apprehensive about ordering it at first because he’s loved all the other things he’s tried here, but he was so happy he took a chance on a new item!

At some point, Luke ordered another drink, Blue Hooch – Blue Flame moonshine, lemon-infused moonshine, blue curacao, house-made simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and a splash of Sprite, $13

1034EC42-16A1-4E1A-99B0-57E4463E1F18-e1558405259543-768x1024.jpeg

This was my favourite of the three drinks we had during this meal, and I might have helped Luke out by drinking half of it… (he did help me with my RunShine Punch too, I’m not that much of a lush hahaha).

Finally, we somehow found room for dessert (ok fine, I packed up half of my mashed potatoes and one piece of my chicken just so I’d have room…). Luke ordered the Shine Cake – Chef Art’s signature dessert. An adult-only butter cake soaked with moonshine syrup, served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, $11

85C7D681-5231-45BA-9AC1-2A9670AF205E-e1558405276936-768x1024.jpeg

This is always great – I mean, who doesn’t love getting drunk on cake?! It’s a large piece (it’s bigger than it looks in the picture), and I definitely helped him with this buttery perfection. It’s also strong enough to keep your buzz going a little longer…

I went for my favourite dessert on the menu – Hamilton County Chocolate Pecan Pie – a 100 year old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, $11

929CAD4E-060F-4BC3-AFA4-3902FD425C73.jpeg

I know it doesn’t look super impressive from my awesome dark photo, but this is so good! I’m not a huge pie person – but I love this one! It’s served warm so the chocolate is a little melty, and the pecans are nice and salty. I try to avoid ice cream for the most part (dairy seems to be a trigger food for my Crohn’s), so I only ate about half of that scoop, but it pairs perfectly with the pie.

I forgot to take a picture of the receipt, but it was just under $130 with my 10% annual pass discount.

Total food cost: $197
Pecan pie is my favorite dessert, that looks amazing!

Oh, I’m just loving your trip down memory lane! It all looks delicious and so much fun! I can vouch for that fun. We were in Epcot on the same weekend and have the Minnie’s Garden Party pins, photos etc to prove it. I can’t for the life of me, though, understand how we managed to miss a cake that cute! I find that I’m sighing over food and trip reports an awful lot these days. Especially, over a report this familiar!

Thanks for joining in! I wonder if our paths crossed at any point that weekend?

See, I thought it was because they were worried people would steal the fork..

I'm sure that was part of it too!

I think before covid, they had a seperate area for dinners who wanted to not meet the characters. We aren't really big character meals anymore either, but I think this is one we would go to again. Meeting Princes somehow is more fun... Or at least Flynn Rider is fun..

Luke and I rarely meet face characters for some reason, so I was excited to meet the princes at this meal!

I would totally go again for $21!

Same! I wish I could find a breakfast place close to me that offered fun, delicious offerings like Trattoria al Forno...

I kind of love that you have your snacks in the picture for some reason! I am also with Luke again on his food selection, I love the key lime pie on a stick as well!

Haha, that was intentional! I saw the Photopass photographer and started heading over. Luke - "shouldn't we finish our snacks first?" Me - "nope, let's just pose with them!"

May 4, 2019 - Flower & Garden / Epcot Eats & Drinks

We entered Epcot through the International Gateway, and I had one thing on my mind, so we headed straight to France for a visit to the Fleur de Lys booth –

IMG_7502.jpg

La Vie en Rose – Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice – $10.75

This was delicious! I definitely had a few more during this trip haha. We also found St. Germain (which is an Elderflower liquor) at a local liquor store and made these ourselves recently. Obviously the Disney ones were better since they have a proper slushy machine and I just used my Ninja blender – but since we can’t currently travel to Disney it was a nice little taste to remind ourselves of this trip <3. I love all the slushes from the France Pavilion, since my preferred alcohol of choice is vodka.

Since the rain was coming down hard, everyone was making the most of our time stuck in the Odyessy Building, and a bunch of people grabbed the Beer Flight – $9.50. I don’t think Luke bought this, and he doesn’t remember it either (and said that he probably wouldn’t buy it because none of these sound appealing to him – and I’d only had one drink thus far in the day so I can’t even blame my forgetfulness on that..). I didn’t even take a picture of the beer itself, oops! I’m not going to count this in our food total haha…But I did take this picture for some reason!

IMG_7532.jpg

The drinks we grabbed from the Norway Pavilion were not Flower and Garden specific, but we didn’t care. Luke had the Einstock White Ale, $9.75 which is a Norwegian beer. I grabbed the cutest little thing of Copa Moscato wine, $9. My wine wasn’t even from Norway, but it was cute and sweet and cheap – I’m not fancy and I love cheap moscato wine haha. Luke really likes this beer, and described it as smooth with a slight bitterness. Plus it was served nice and cold, and he’s enjoyed it every time he’s had it.

IMG_7538.jpg

We eventually found ourselves at Refreshment Port, so we stopped to grab some poutine like the good Canadians that we are haha. Beef Brisket Poutine – french fries with beef brisket, beer cheese sauce and poutine gravy topped with crispy onions, $8.99 and Coffee-Rubbed Pork Poutine – BBQ demi-glace, fire roasted corn relish and cheese curds, $8.49. These are definitely not a traditional poutine, but we were both hungry by this point and these hit the spot! Despite me hating coffee anything, it was a very subtle flavour that I barely noticed, and the pork poutine was our favourite of the two. The BBQ sauce offered a nice sweetness, while the brisket one was just a lot of savoury. We had to wait a few minutes for this which meant our fries were nice and fresh and hot – very tasty! I think the poutine options here change every so often, but I would order either one of these again.

IMG_7544-e1610324275589.jpg

We stopped at the A Taste of Marrakesh booth, where Luke purchased the Fried Cauliflower – with capers, garlic parsley and chili ranch sauce, $6, and a Casa Beer, $4.5. I tried one of these because I do like fried cauliflower, but they were so spicy! One and done for me! Luke handles spicy much better than I do, and he loved these. He described it as “sinus-clearing spicy” haha. He also said the beer was “beer-flavoured beer”, and was better than he expected it to be. He also liked the smaller size, so he finished his beer while it was still cold.

57869688566__11D3DA2A-7BF0-4635-837E-730C10E92458-e1610330970442.jpeg

Also – it makes me laugh that cauliflower is spelt incorrectly on the receipt – what is cauliflowler?

57869693562__CB55F1AA-7C91-48BA-BF25-0E000DC1C0A1.jpeg

We made a stop at the Kabuki Cafe in the Japan Pavilion. Every trip I have to get a Kakigori – shaved ice topped with fruit syrup, $4.50. I’ve tried most of the flavours, so I know tangerine is my favourite one. This is one of the better shaved ice I’ve had, I think it’s the syrup they use. Lots of flavour, doesn’t melt too quickly and so refreshing on a hot Florida day!

IMG_7547.jpg

Luke went for the Sake Mist – alcoholic shaved ice, $9 (he chose the blackberry flavour). He’s had this a few times, and loves it. Because of the alcohol in this, it does melt really quickly – so you’re constantly toeing the line between eating it quickly and getting brain freeze.

IMG_7550.jpg

Luke also went to Joy of Tea in the China Pavilion so he could grab aTipsy Ducks in Love – Bourbon Whisky, coffee, black tea, cream and chocolate syrup, $12.50. I don’t have any pictures of it, but he loves this drink and has had it multiple times – just about every time we’re at Epcot.​

Total Epcot food cost (this post): $78.50

Total Trip food cost: $738

This was delicious! I definitely had a few more during this trip haha. We also found St. Germain (which is an Elderflower liquor) at a local liquor store and made these ourselves recently. Obviously the Disney ones were better since they have a proper slushy machine and I just used my Ninja blender – but since we can’t currently travel to Disney it was a nice little taste to remind ourselves of this trip <3. I love all the slushes from the France Pavilion, since my preferred alcohol of choice is vodka.
I made this the other night! It was good but my blender didn't crush the ice enough. I will have to try again this summer, we have a snow cone machine, I will try and use that ice next time!

We stopped at the A Taste of Marrakesh booth, where Luke purchased the Fried Cauliflower – with capers, garlic parsley and chili ranch sauce, $6, and a Casa Beer, $4.5. I tried one of these because I do like fried cauliflower, but they were so spicy! One and done for me! Luke handles spicy much better than I do, and he loved these. He described it as “sinus-clearing spicy” haha. He also said the beer was “beer-flavoured beer”, and was better than he expected it to be. He also liked the smaller size, so he finished his beer while it was still cold.

57869688566__11D3DA2A-7BF0-4635-837E-730C10E92458-e1610330970442.jpeg
This looks like something I would like but not sure I would want spicy with the florida heat.

I definitely ordered that flight while we were in the Odyssey. Sounds like I should have tagged along with you guys afterward--you ate and drank some amazingly delicious items that I would have really enjoyed, too :)

I made this the other night! It was good but my blender didn't crush the ice enough. I will have to try again this summer, we have a snow cone machine, I will try and use that ice next time!

We find it separates really quickly, I'm sure a snow cone machine will do a much better job though!

This looks like something I would like but not sure I would want spicy with the florida heat.

I can handle a bit of spice - this was too much for me!

I definitely ordered that flight while we were in the Odyssey. Sounds like I should have tagged along with you guys afterward--you ate and drank some amazingly delicious items that I would have really enjoyed, too :)

Haha, maybe it was your flight that I took a picture of then? I don't even remember who we were with for a chunk of the day haha

Haha, maybe it was your flight that I took a picture of then? I don't even remember who we were with for a chunk of the day haha
I think it was!! I just went back to look at my pics from this day, and I remember you taking a picture of me holding my flight so I could send it to Rob :) Of course, I'm having trouble downloading it to share here, but mystery solved at least!

May 4, 2019 - Territory Lounge

This was a lounge that had been on our radar for a few years, but we had never managed to make the time to get there. We were actually excited to finally get a chance to eat here.

The group of us took over most of the tables in the entire lounge, and pulled them together into the centre of the room. We started with some drinks –

IMG_7568.jpg

Luke decided to just have water, but I went for Our Neighbourhood– Don Q Rum and blackberry cordial with strawberry puree and orange juice fusion topped with blackberries, $12

IMG_7571.jpg

We knew we wanted some food too –

IMG_7569.jpg

Luke and I decided to share a few things, and ordered Oregon Chardonnay Fondue – pretzel bread and grapes on the vine, $14 and Nachos – corn chips, burnt ends, queso, pico de gallo, sour cream, $13.

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

The lighting was terrible for pictures in here – but these were both sooo good! We were both hungry but there was enough food for us to fill up without feeling too stuffed (and we didn’t want full meals at that time of night anyways). The pretzel bread was perfect in the cheese fondue, and I loved how salty the bread was.

We had another great evening hanging out with a wonderful group of people. There were a lot of laughs, and we met our new friend Terry hahaha (Jenny’s face says everything) –

IMG_9526.jpg

Our total bill came to $41.54 (before tip).​

Total Food Cost: $807

[/QUOTE]
We had another great evening hanging out with a wonderful group of people. There were a lot of laughs, and we met our new friend Terry hahaha (Jenny’s face says everything) –

IMG_9526.jpg
Oh Terry just keeps coming back! We can't get rid of him! Ha.

Luke and I decided to share a few things, and ordered Oregon Chardonnay Fondue – pretzel bread and grapes on the vine, $14 and Nachos – corn chips, burnt ends, queso, pico de gallo, sour cream, $13.

IMG_7573.jpg
Yum! Chardonnay Fondue!!!!! And pretzel breal. Sounds perfect!

Oh what a great night!!! Two years later I still laugh every time I see that picture and Jenny's face. So many wonderful memories from that trip but Terrytorry lounge would have to be tops amongst them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!