How Many Times Can We Eat At Che Fartsmith's? Update 4/1

After joining your trip report, I figured I better join your dining report, too!

Welcome and thanks for joining...months ago. I've been a terrible Disboarder this summer!

Your meal at Homecomin' looks amazing! I keep hearing about this restaurant... I think I may have to figure out a way to eat there!

You must! It's our favourite!

Your meal at Satu'li Canteen looks delicious! I'm sorry you weren't a fan of the noodles, but I'm glad to see they're an option (I swear I didn't see noodles listed as an option on some of the earlier menus I'd seen). I don't think I've heard anything about the desserts there, but the chocolate dessert does look amazing!

Satu'li was fantastic! The noodles were good, but it was the overwhelming flavour of sesame oil that turned me off. The chicken was great, the sauce was great and I really LOVED the desserts!

I absolutely LOVE Satu'li!!! The food is so good! I also love the Night Blossom!!!!

Agreed! I could really go for a Night Blossom right now!

Oh man I am now starving after reading about Satuli Canteen. Those bowls look divine! And the dessert looks good too. Maybe I could get R to share with me so we can try multiple things like you guys did! The chicken sounds a little like the Ohana chicken which I actually really loved. Adding this one to my mental notes!

I'm not typically a quick service person, but I'd go out of my way to eat at Satu'li again! I'm a big fan of splitting just so you can try more things haha!

I love the night blossom, I usually get the chicken bowl with rice and beans and the creamy herb dressing, yummy! I didn’t even know noodles were a choice, lol! I really enjoyed our lunch there during the VIP tour!

Yum, your combination sounds delicious!

Didn't realize you had started this one!

Thanks for joining in!

Glad to see you all had such a good meal at Satuli. We are big fans too and think they definitely set the standard for what quick service can and should be. Though I'll have to check out the mens room next time. For some reason its alluded me on our visits :earboy2:

I'm much more of a table service person - but I agree that this is a great example of what a quick service restaurant can be!

Yeah, I missed out on the mens room as well, not sure how that happened :rotfl2:

Homecomin' - Supper - May 2, 2019

Yes, we had just ate there the night before – but that didn’t stop us from going back again! Originally, our plan was to meet up with Billie, Sarah, Ariane and Steve there, they had a reservation at the exact same time as us. But then we were gifted the amazing present of a VIP tour for that day so plans were changed. We didn’t think we’d have time to actually make it to our reservation (since there were a few options for start times for the tour thrown around), but I decided to hold onto the reservation anyways. We ended up finishing our tour around 3:45 giving us lots of time to get to Disney Springs for a 5pm reservation! The other four were all staying at Wilderness Lodge, so they opted to just eat there instead - so it was just Luke and I for this meal.

We arrived, checked in and didn’t wait long before receiving the text that our table was ready. As we entered, I did a quick scan of the restaurant – unfortunately no Chef Art Smith in attendance tonight. Also no table by the window, instead we were at the same 2-top table right behind the hostess stand where we’d sat before on a previous trip.

Our waiter came over and asked if this was our first time eating at Homecomin’ ( obviously we told him no) – he then asked when was the last time we had ate there – he laughed when we told him yesterday. I believe his exact comment was something along the lines of “perfect! I don’t need to go over the menu with you guys!”.

Of course the first item to take care of when you’re at Homecomin’ is the drinks! We decided to switch it up from the day before, and Luke ordered The Local – RumHaven coconut water rum, lime, simple syrup and fresh pineapple $12 and I decided to try the Blood Orange Madras – blood orange moonshine, freshly muddled strawberries, pineapple puree and cranberry juice $12.

198E82BD-5CDA-4E97-A428-C2DC9BAB85C2.jpeg

The Local was nothing really special, but Luke did enjoy it (he really likes pineappley-coconuty tasting things). He probably wouldn’t get it again, just because there’s so many unique, fantastic drinks on the menu at Homecomin’. My drink was delicious though! I believe it’s a limited time offering, but I’m sure it’ll be back again at some point!

We decided to skip the appetizers tonight, and try something different for our main entrees. Luke went for the Fried Chicken Salad – crispy fried chicken over mixed greens, pecan-smoked bacon, egg, heirloom cherry tomatoes, red onion and cucumber tossed with icebox dressing, cheddar biscuit croutons and fresh herbs $18

DF617392-F8B8-4440-8549-7389C9A73B33.jpeg

The icebox dressing was the same as the stuff drizzled on his house-made chips that were served with his Cuban sandwich (so he knew he liked it). Of course the chicken is great, and Luke ate all of this. It’s a great salad for those days when you want to pretend you’re a healthy eater haha….

I decided to cheat on my beloved fried chicken, and ordered the Braised Short Ribs – this fancy “pot roast” is made by slow-cooking boneless beef short ribs until they are fork tender. Served over creamy mashed potatoes with a demi-glace sauce and French green beans $30

47389A6D-F96D-4E0B-A13C-C2F01257FAF5.jpeg

This was my short ribs meal #1 of the trip – but definitely not my last! This was very good, but I do think I’ll stick to the chicken when I’m at Homecomin’ from now because I missed it haha. The mashed potatoes are always amazing, but the green beans were just ok – I like mine cooked a bit more than these ones (a little too al dente for my taste). They weren’t lying about the beef being fork tender though, you did not need a knife for it! Delicious!

Luke decided we needed dessert – but we figured we could share one tonight and ordered the giant slice of Hummingbird Cake – the famous pineapple-banana cake with cream cheese frosting from Chef Art’s bestselling book “Back to the Table”. Served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream $12

E07A6642-A38F-4B36-B722-54F4647C5213.jpeg

This is a huge serving – I don’t know how one person could eat an entree and this by themselves – but it’s the perfect size for sharing! I don’t even really care for pineapple, but this is good. I’d still put the Pecan Pie as my favourite dessert here, but there’s really not a wrong option…

According to the picture I took of our bill, Luke ordered another Blue Hooch at some point. I didn’t take a picture of it, so enjoy this picture I had from when he ordered one during our meal the night before:

1034EC42-16A1-4E1A-99B0-57E4463E1F18-e1558405259543-768x1024.jpeg

Out total bill came to $96.92 after applying my Annual Pass discount of 10% (before tip), and it was another great experience at our favourite restaurant <3

Total Food Cost: $349

Amorette's Patisserie

After another satisfying meal at Homecomin’, we took a leisurely stroll around Disney Springs. I didn’t take many pictures, but we enjoyed some window shopping and a very slow-paced evening. At one point we decided to stop for a beverage that was on our must-try list: the Mango Moscato wine slushy from Amorette’s Patisserie, $9.

2934E79F-304C-41B9-85CA-4BCDE997B232-e1566785455762-768x1024.jpeg

This was so good! I don’t love mango flavour, but I do love moscato! I’m a huge fan of all these new adult slushies that are popping up everywhere – it’s a trend I can definitely get behind! We enjoyed this so much – it was not the only one we had on this trip :)

Total Food Cost: $358

Another delicious looking meal at Homecomin'! Luke's salad looks quite delicious (and yes, a great choice to trick yourself into eating a "healthy" meal - I'm sure the fried chicken has no calories at all! :laughing:). The Hummingbird cake looks and sounds delicious!

I really really don't like mango flavour typically but I could 100% go for a mango moscato slushie right now. I mean, it is a Monday morning at work... but still...

Luke decided we needed dessert – but we figured we could share one tonight and ordered the giant slice of Hummingbird Cake – the famous pineapple-banana cake with cream cheese frosting from Chef Art’s bestselling book “Back to the Table”. Served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream $12

E07A6642-A38F-4B36-B722-54F4647C5213.jpeg

This is a huge serving – I don’t know how one person could eat an entree and this by themselves – but it’s the perfect size for sharing! I don’t even really care for pineapple, but this is good. I’d still put the Pecan Pie as my favourite dessert here, but there’s really not a wrong option…

I'm ashamed to say that I did eat my own entree (chicken and biscuits) AND the Hummingbird Cake all to myself. Well, I may have let someone have a taste. But, yes, I ate it all.

Hopping aboard a little late. I got there the day y’all left.
How cool you got to meet the Art Smith . I also love Homecomin. I tried the brunch last trip. Delish !

Ha, when I first saw this new post, I said to myself, she just reviewed this and this is a new post, Little did I realize you made a second visit already in your trip!

Your dish looks delicious and Luke’s salad would be right up my alley. I love a salad with eggs, iceberg lettuce and fried chicken, yum!

We have only been once, I am thinking for our January trip we may try this again, I would love to try the brunch menu!

We are staying at OKW in January, I know you and Luke have stayed here several times!

Hey there Canadian lady. Glad to see you back on here!

Man I thought we loved Homecoming but you take that love to a whole new level! We did get to eat there last month and it was one of the best meals of the trip. Even better than a few signatures.

Joining in!! Heading to Disney next week and our first stop is Homecoming! 1. I didn't know about the half order of deviled eggs, I really want to try the hush puppies but I also love deviled eggs so the half order may be a good compromise! Have you ever had the hush puppy app? Any thoughts??

Also did not know about the shine cake! This is what I love about the Dis!

I am late!!!! I was following your trip report and somehow missed that you had this one as well.

Since we arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare, we decided to hit up my old-faithful, Boston Pizza. For those non-Canadian readers, this is a Canadian franchise that has almost 350 locations across the country. There’s nothing special about the food, but I’ve never been disappointed. I’m pretty easy to please!
I just learned about these Boston Pizza.. And found it so strange, Boston is not known for pizza! Do you know why it's called that?!?

Cactus Cut Potatoes – spicy thinly sliced fried potatoes served with our signature cactus dip
I was going to ask what cacus dip was, but you answered it below.

I know my plate of potatoes don’t look like much – but it’s all about that dip! From my research, it’s apparently just caesar dressing, sour cream, parmesan, chili flakes and green onions – but it’s one of my favourite things!
Intresting! Sounds like something I would like

One of our favourite restaurants anywhere is Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. After falling in love with the place on our 2017 trip, we held our wedding reception there as part of our January 2018 trip. We also really enjoy starting our trip here with supper on our arrival night, and this trip was no exception.
That is super special! I love it!

She immediately went over to him and clearly told him that, because the next thing we knew he was making his way over to our table! He was so friendly, and shook our hands and asked if we’d like a picture, and thanked us for coming back to eat again. Eeeeee! I mean, just look at my giant, dorky grin hahah
How awsome!!! It seems like he is there a decent amount.

So happy!
Love it

Rumshine Punch – Strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine, $22.

AABCAB09-4169-4978-A8F0-B541404BAC1A-e1558402606626-768x1024.jpeg
This sounds delish! I personally am partical to the watermelon mash but might need to try this next time!

A560B320-151F-4D75-9663-5B4040E7D291-e1558402680600-768x1024.jpeg

I don’t like eggs, so I’ve never tried these, but Luke has had them a few times and always enjoys them. He really likes putting a bit of the house-made Hot Sauce on them. I also asked for his input, and he called these “Heaven’s Cholesterol Bombs”.
I am not a big deviled egg fan either, but now I want some cholestrol bombs!

I definitely preferred my sauce, but I think this would be my choice for a base next time. Luke says he highly recommends going to the men’s bathroom there, the smell of the cooking meat wafted in there and made it actually smell good (his words, not mine ha
too funny!

I believe his exact comment was something along the lines of “perfect! I don’t need to go over the menu with you guys!”.
Awsome.

I want to try this! But I am always way too full to get dessert. Maybe I will take it to go next time.

Another delicious looking meal at Homecomin'! Luke's salad looks quite delicious (and yes, a great choice to trick yourself into eating a "healthy" meal - I'm sure the fried chicken has no calories at all! :laughing:). The Hummingbird cake looks and sounds delicious!

Haha, yep, that salad is definitely "healthy". :rotfl2: Delicious though!

I've had this and it's good!

It's so tough to decided what to eat at Homecomin' now, we like too many things on the menu!

I really really don't like mango flavour typically but I could 100% go for a mango moscato slushie right now. I mean, it is a Monday morning at work... but still...

We have a blender, guess you'll have to figure out a copycat recipe :thumbsup2

I'm ashamed to say that I did eat my own entree (chicken and biscuits) AND the Hummingbird Cake all to myself. Well, I may have let someone have a taste. But, yes, I ate it all.

Very impressive! I wouldn't be ashamed of that at all, it's such delicious food! I could probably do it if I starved myself for the full day leading up to our reservation haha, but I just like food way too much to do that.

Hopping aboard a little late. I got there the day y’all left.
How cool you got to meet the Art Smith . I also love Homecomin. I tried the brunch last trip. Delish !

Thanks for joining in!

I was so excited about meeting Chef Art, such an amazing way to kick off a vacation!

We've gone for brunch a few times now, but I just keep ordering off the regular menu since I'm not huge on breakfast food :confused3

Ha, when I first saw this new post, I said to myself, she just reviewed this and this is a new post, Little did I realize you made a second visit already in your trip!

We're obsessed with the place haha! We went for a third time later on in this trip too haha...

Your dish looks delicious and Luke’s salad would be right up my alley. I love a salad with eggs, iceberg lettuce and fried chicken, yum!

I love everything I've ever tried from there!

We have only been once, I am thinking for our January trip we may try this again, I would love to try the brunch menu!

I look forward to reading your review if you do end up going there in January!

We are staying at OKW in January, I know you and Luke have stayed here several times!

We love OKW! AKL won us over on this last trip as our favourite resort, but OKW holds such a special place in my heart :love:

Hey there Canadian lady. Glad to see you back on here!

Man I thought we loved Homecoming but you take that love to a whole new level! We did get to eat there last month and it was one of the best meals of the trip. Even better than a few signatures.

Now I'm excited to read your review! I get really excited when other people love Homecomin' as much as we do (which is a really weird thing to say haha...)

Next Epic trip definitely needs a group reservation at Homecomin' - we can all get tipsy on moonshine together!

Joining in!! Heading to Disney next week and our first stop is Homecoming! 1. I didn't know about the half order of deviled eggs, I really want to try the hush puppies but I also love deviled eggs so the half order may be a good compromise! Have you ever had the hush puppy app? Any thoughts??

Also did not know about the shine cake! This is what I love about the Dis!

Thanks for joining in!

I hope you enjoy Homecomin' next week (or this week I guess now?). The half order is great, I don't eat eggs and the full order was a bit too much for Luke by himself - and you need to save that stomach space for dessert!

I've never tried the hush puppy appetizer - I actually have no idea what a hush puppy is :eek: - maybe you'll need to tryit and then write a review here!

Shine cake is delicious - but it's definitely alcoholic!

I am late!!!! I was following your trip report and somehow missed that you had this one as well.

I currently have so many different reports ongoing that's it's hard to keep up with them myself haha - so thank you for joining in!

I just learned about these Boston Pizza.. And found it so strange, Boston is not known for pizza! Do you know why it's called that?!?

I honestly have no idea why it's named that, and it's one of those restaurants that serves a wide variety of things. It's very generic, and definitely not fancy or fine dining in any way - but it's consistent and a franchise you can find in just about every small town in Canada haha.

Intresting! Sounds like something I would like

I love it!

That is super special! I love it!

We've now ate at Homecomin' nine times over our past four trips haha - I think it's safe to say we love it and it holds a special spot in our hearts :love:

How awsome!!! It seems like he is there a decent amount.

It seems like he's there a few times per month, which is very cool!

So happy!
Love it

What a way to start the vacation!

This sounds delish! I personally am partical to the watermelon mash but might need to try this next time!

The watermelon mash is my typical go-to drink there as well, but I wanted to switch it up this time. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the drinks on the menu though!

I am not a big deviled egg fan either, but now I want some cholestrol bombs!

:rotfl:

I want to try this! But I am always way too full to get dessert. Maybe I will take it to go next time.

I highly recommend dessert there! So good! I love all of them!

Next Epic trip definitely needs a group reservation at Homecomin' - we can all get tipsy on moonshine together!
I second this!!!! I think a Disney Spring Crawl would be perfect for the 2nd bi-annual EPIC trip.

I honestly have no idea why it's named that, and it's one of those restaurants that serves a wide variety of things. It's very generic, and definitely not fancy or fine dining in any way - but it's consistent and a franchise you can find in just about every small town in Canada haha.
We seriously just had a very long conversation about this place! Too funny.

I highly recommend dessert there! So good! I love all of them!
And now I am trying to figure out how we can get back to Homecomin' for Andy and mine Adults only trip!

Kona Cafe - Breakfast - May 3, 2019

One of Luke’s favourite restaurants on our December 2018 trip was Kona Cafe for breakfast, and he was quick to request a return on the May trip. We booked an early reservation (7:45am), and caught a Lyft over to the Polynesian from OKW.

I love the Polynesian – we will stay here one day! It’s so beautiful (but just a little out of our price range) –

B8A17456-4FB3-40E0-A129-2777CF2FD55C-e1567219227792-768x1024.jpeg

We headed upstairs and checked in. It was still early, so we only waited a minute or two before being called and led to our table.

1E8F75BD-DB25-4E51-8486-1C8FAAE17258-e1567219286522-768x1024.jpeg

19BCCC42-72D4-48DF-BDEF-1F3B50C80C02-e1567219268886-768x1024.jpeg

We both knew exactly what we wanted to order – the exact food we had ordered in December!

Luke went for the Seven Seas Samoan – poached eggs with citrus hollandaise sauce on pulled pork and turkey hash with mustard greens and tomatoes tossed in a citrus vinaigrette -$14

FABA1A94-0F01-4A83-A38D-02A8EA8E7E65-e1567219340174-768x1024.jpeg

Luke loved this – he tends to order whatever version of a benedict is on a menu, and this is one of his favourite ones. It doesn’t look like a huge portion (and it isn’t), but it’s very rich and contains a perfect mix of sweet, savory and salty with a bit of of freshness added in from the greens.

He also ordered the Freshly Brewed Joffrey’s Coffee Hawaiian Kona Maragogype Press Pot – $9.5

9BA5A324-4897-494C-87A1-94E8BADDA9F4-e1567219307322-768x1024.jpeg

I don’t drink coffee, but according to Luke this is one of the better ones available on property – in his words “it’s smooth and has great flavour”.

I went for the famous Tonga Toast – banana stuffed french toast rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with a strawberry compote and your choice of ham, spiced ham, bacon or sausage – $16

292A0646-5330-48A1-8188-DF1D0596107C.jpeg

They brought over a plate with condiments – butter, ketchup, maple syrup and strawberry compote.

1F1B28AA-BA1E-499C-9AF9-79D83FA5AED0.jpeg

It’s all about that strawberry compote on the tonga toast! It’s a huge piece of sourdough bread, stuffed with bananas and coated in cinnamon sugar after being fried – I barely put a dent in this before I was full, but it’s so good! It’s a large serving, and I could easily share it with someone.

Total Cost was $37.87 after applying my 10% AP discount, and we will absolutely be back again on a future trip! Luke says that Kona is his favourite breakfast on property (but he might only be saying that to make Boma breakfast jealous…)​

Total Food Cost: $396

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter