How many times during your working career have you thought about quitting a job but didn't?

Before I changed careers, probably every single day. Once I switched, I don't recall ever wanting to quit. I have thought about what to do with all my lottery winnings, though.

Once in a while over 42 years.
My industry has changed a lot in the last 10 years. My bosses were no longer people who had worked their way through the ranks, they were what I call "professional managers" who kind of do a lateral into their jobs. Their lack of hands on experience meant they expected me to do things in what often was an unproductive manner. They had no idea how to do the jobs of the people that worked for them.

Every single day from my first part time job as a teen to the day before I retired at 63. Most all of the jobs I had during that time I did quit from. It just took years sometimes. The maximum time I stayed was 14 years, if you don't count the 29 years I was married.

Once in a while over 42 years.
My industry has changed a lot in the last 10 years. My bosses were no longer people who had worked their way through the ranks, they were what I call "professional managers" who kind of do a lateral into their jobs. Their lack of hands on experience meant they expected me to do things in what often was an unproductive manner. They had no idea how to do the jobs of the people that worked for them.
This was what happened within the State the last 10 years I worked there. When I went back after a 5 year absence in 2004, I was interviewed by a manager I had worked across the hall from in 80-85. She had transferred there years earlier and worked her way up. I dealt with licensing laws in the medical field. I could go to her and be confident she knew the laws. However, after she retired, we got 4 managers over the years who knew NOTHING. All of them told me to bring in some files and we'd get together for them to learn. Never did. The worst part was, the three oldies there (myself included) knew the laws, knew what how to apply them. The 8 new people they hired did not and would do anything these managers told them to do even though it was wrong and not following the law. So this was the problem. The three of us oldies were not butt kissers. For the manager and those 8, it was production and who cares if it's correct. (a little scary, huh?). Example: Legislators determine there needs to be a license to perform these duties. Since they are not in the medical field, the governor appoints Board members who are in the field. Those Board members determine what is required to become licensed. We the peon board workers interpret what the Board wants and follow those directions. I can guarantee you, not one of those managers or the butt kissers to this day have no idea what I just told you. One example: Board determined an applicant needs 6 weeks of a type of experience. So manager and butt kissers decided that meant 6 hours. Well, the Board had determined a week equals 40 hours. 40x6=240 hours, not 6. So us oldies would point this out which made us trouble makers. (one of the reasons why the AG's office was investigating and why the three of us were being harassed). The last manager had made it her mission to get the three of us fired. When I saw/heard they were planting things on our computer, I went to our retirement and retired that day. It was a miserable 6 months. That manager was demoted a few months later for something else and our big boss resigned at the advice of her attorney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter